“I almost loved it” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
St. Louis
“I almost loved it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

My wife and I, and her sister and her husband stayed at Palazzo for almost a week during spring break. We loved almost all of it, including the rooms, the staff, and the location. So what did we not like? Not exclusive to this property, we absolutely hate the idea of the "resort fee." Since it was March and too cold for the pool, and we didn't use the exercise room or the spa, we were paying $20 a day extra for a newspaper, internet access and a couple of small discounts. One of the offers was for a free cup of coffee, not every day but once, that was smaller than the coffee their Cafe Presse sold! Tacky at best. Their casino is on the smaller side, and the drink service on the floor was very limited. The other complaint was the price of wine, both in their shops and in their casino bars. $13.00 for a glass of wine that didn't cost that much for a bottle was a lesson I learned the first night. A bottle of wine in their gift shop, also one of questionable quality was $28.00, in other words restaurant prices. Wow!
Now the good news: We loved our room, housekeeping was extremely efficient, and they came by at almost exactly the same time each day, making it very easy to plan around them. The bed was extremely comfortable and the room was a nice, big suite. This was not the luxury suite, just the basic one. We had no unpleasant, unfriendly staff members, in fact they were just the opposite. I would have gladly given them the top rating if it were not for petty annoyances, something you really don't expect from a property that's positioning themselves as being a top tier resort.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Robert L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,459)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I stayed here while in Vegas for a work conference as it was located in the Sands Expo attached to the Palazzo and Venetian. Overall, I think this place was a great place to stay and experience all Vegas had to offer. The rooms were nice...not over the top beautiful but nice and very spacious. There was a plethora of restaurants to choose from and I loved walking around the shops and restaurants as the gondola passed by. We did not have a bad meal while here and I thought the service we received throughout was wonderful. Overall for the price, I think its a great place to stay if you're new to Vegas as it has so much to offer under one roof. For our work trip, it was perfect.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.

Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

This all suite hotel has fantastically apportioned suites, customer service however leaves a little to be desired. Rooms are very large with nice bathrooms. The hotel smells very nice and the Emeril dining options are incredible. Internet service was a bit spotty....

Room Tip: ask for a high floor facing treasure island.....
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank AntoineFam
Dear Guest,
Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian|The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your accomodations. Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian|The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply that you found our customer service to be subpar. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.

Again, I extend my apologies and hope that this atypical experience does not deter you from visiting us in the future.

NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I write this as a non-gambler visiting for less than two days while my husband was there on business . It's not our usual kind of place at all, but I found it surprisingly fun. The suites were among the most elegant and comfortable that we've ever experienced, and we were amazed at how good the restaurants were. Check-in and service were uniformly friendly and efficient. I like the way it connects to the Venetian because I loved the Italian ambiance in the sister hotel. My only major complaint would be the noise level. With loud piped-in music everywhere, and of course the casino noise, it seemed impossible to find a quiet corner or to eat a peaceful meal. But that just may be Vegas!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank pathfinderNj
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Shanghai
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

I was really looking forward to the Palazzo as I was attending a conference there. What a disappointment. The staff there are just unpleasant and unfriendly. It's as if they don't really want you there at all. The rooms are large, and I had a really nice view of the Wynn. For some reason though, the Internet was a huge problem and kept dropping out every few seconds. That was incredibly frustrating. They can't stop piping Phantom of the Opera through every public space. I get it, you're showing Phantom. I liked Phantom when I entered the Palazzo and checked out hating it. Overall, the whole experience really soured me. I wish I had stayed at Bellagio or the Wynn.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ricedish
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Palazzo Resort Hotel Casino, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Palazzo as your host during your recent visit. I was disappointed to learn that your visit was not a complete success, and apologize for the challenges you experienced.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the unprofessional behavior you encountered with our team members. It is certainly not our standard to treat our guests in an unfriendly or unhelpful manner. We endeavor to treat each guest with the highest regard and utmost respect. I am greatly sorry that this was not your experience during your entire stay.

I would like to thank you for articulating the details of your experience. It is through communication, such as yours, that we are better able to monitor and improve services for our guests. Additionally, we are able to make certain that our team members are adhering to our Unmatched Guest Service Standards.

We value your patronage, and hope that this atypical experience will not deter you from visiting our property again.

Kind regards,

Salt Lake City, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

There was a time when The Venetian and The Palazzo were our destinations of choice in Las Vegas. I'll start by saying they both smell really really good. They pump a signature scent into the main areas and every once in a while, I will smell something similar in "real life" and be reminded of good times had at the Palazzo and Venetian. The smell bothers some people. It's strong. But, I really like it. We generally take a taxi or limo from the airport to the Palazzo, attempting to arrive right around check-in time. The usual chaos of 3:00 p.m. check in seems absent at The Palazzo. The line is generally small and moves quickly. The customer service on check in is pleasant and professional, with the nice added touch of referring to customers by name. Upon check in, you will be offered an upgrade to the "Concierge Level" of the hotel for a small fee. I would recommend you decline the offer. It's just not worth it. The rooms are virtually the same as the rest of the hotel, and the amenities aren't that special. The snacks and cocktails are nice, but better food and drink can be found in the casino. If you plan on making many last-minute reservations for shows or restaurants, the Concierge service on that special level may come in handy, but as for the rest, I found the little treats on my pillow after turn down to be the best amenity...not worth the upgrade price. Once, you're settled in your room, you should go to the casino floor and directly to the Club Grazie booth to sign up for your Club Grazie rewards card. We have found the comps to be very good at the Palazzo and Venetian. After only two five-night visits, we were receiving, and taking full advantage of, five-night complimentary room offers on a regular basis. The lobby and gaming floor at the Palazzo are beautiful, elegant, and classy. The entrance to the excellent French restaurant Morel's sits on on one side of the lobby entrance, and the entrance to nightclub/restaurant Lavo on the other. In the center, there is a large seasonal botanical display, which has never disappointed. The gaming floor is generally quite quiet at Palazzo, with a slightly older crowd enjoying the wide variety of slot machines and table games. There are some lovely bars in the casino area, most featuring dollar poker/slot machines. Unfortunately, it is at these bars where we have encountered some atrocious customer service. My husband and I have each sat down, being the only two people at a bar, inserted our Club Grazie cards into a machine, put in $100 each, and bet maximum coins for over 15 minutes before anyone has approached us asking if we wanted a drink. When we were finally approached, my husband's initial funds were running a little low, so he had lowered his bet to just under the maximum coin bet, and he was refused a glass of wine! The bartender advised him he must be playing maximum coins to receive free drinks! He treated us like we were a couple of penny-playing teenagers trying to beat the system or something, and my husband had just lost nearly $100 waiting for him to come over and ask us, the only patrons, what we would like to drink. Oftentimes, when treated well, we will sit and play at a poker bar for hours. We are pretty avid gamblers. If the bartender is friendly and not condescending, our "free" drinks generally earn the casino a pretty substantial mark up. Not this time though, as after that exchange, neither of us were too keen to stay and play. We actually left the resort and headed elsewhere. That was the beginning of what has proven to be an eventual unfortunate downward turn with most of the service at The Palazzo. The rooms at The Palazzo are all suites, similar to those at The Venetian. They are large and comfortable. Generally, housekeeping has been good at the Palazzo, but less so during our last visit, when our room was not serviced for two out of five days. A favorite spot for casual dining is Zine Noodles and Dim Sum. The food is excellent, with a special nod to the garlic lobster and steamed dumplings. The service is on point and efficient. The steakhouse CUT has proven to be less than hoped for. The service is lacking. Reservations for 8:00, will often find you waiting in the lobby with a cocktail until at least 8:30, and being made to feel it's your fault for showing up on time. The food is average, but above-average in price. Morels has become a favorite, particularly on nice days when one can sit outside on the Strip and people watch. It's a long walk to the Venezia Tower at the Venetian to enjoy another French gem, Bouchon, but the walk is so worth it. Bouchon is consistently amazing and an overall favorite among Vegas restaurants. B and B and Delmonico Steakhouse are both very average and worth a miss if you're considering them. Unfortunately, our favorite restaurant, Bar Charlie at Charlie Trotter's closed, but we saw it coming with the economic downturn. $1,500 dinners for two are a thing of the past for almost everyone these days, definitely for us! Shopping at The Palazzo is varied and interesting. The shops do tend towards the higher end. I am especially fond of the Fresh (cosmetics, bath and beauty supplies) store, as they are always friendly and helpful. Another surprise in a casino shopping area is the Double Helix Wine Bar, where you can stop and sample a wine flight or two. Careful though, it is just next to Louboutin, which could definitely lead to reckless behavior when mixed with alcohol. I would still recommend The Palazzo to someone with money to spare looking for an elegant laid back trip to Vegas. I have to admit though, we stopped feeling we were getting value for money as we had in the past a few trips ago. Plus, we decided our goal while in Vegas was to have fun, not to act as posh as possible and be declined cocktails while playing ridiculous amounts. So, we have moved on. I do, however, have fond memories of staying at The Palazzo, and may give it another try someday.

Room Tip: As ever, higher floors have better views. Ask for a strip view, but if you don't get it, you can...
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank WenSLC
Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

We checked in last Friday, and left yesterday, so were able to spend four nights at the Palazzo. I found the accommodations to be quite nice. Checkin on a Friday night was a long wait, however. The beds were very comfortable, but the pillows were lumpy. The bath facilities were set up nicely with two sinks and a separate toilet. Both a tub and shower were available and the amenities were adequate, not poor as previous reviews mentioned. I do not think they have soft water, so lathering of shampoo could not happen! Housekeeping service was great and pleasant. I appreciated the security measures of showing the room key each time you went to the elevators. The extra living space of a sunken living room was nice to spread out and do some work, or relax in front of the tv. I would stay here again. The location is convenient, right on the strip and entertainment is easy to get to from the Palazzo. Be sure to check out the spa facilities and the workout area has everything you could want to use!

Room Tip: ask for a view of the strip.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank diverbe49
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared so we may enliven our team members with your thoughtful compliments. I am confident that our staff delights in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.