“Great view of the Grand Canyon!”

Maverick Helicopters
Book In Advance
More Info
US$89.99*
and up
Las Vegas Strip Night Flight by Helicopter with Transport
Ranked #5 of 233 Tours in Las Vegas
More attraction details
Owner description: Maverick Helicopters offers VIP-level service from our Las Vegas terminal. Experience a breathtaking flight over the most beautiful scenery in the Western United States-whether it is a journey to the Grand Canyon, a flight above the Las Vegas Strip Maverick Helicopters offers the highest level of safety and service in the industry and has over 20 years of making dreams come true!
Houston, Texas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Great view of the Grand Canyon!”
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We took this helicopter ride in lieu of the Skywalk at the Hualapai Indian reserve. For $150/pax, you'll get to see the West rim of Grand canyon from the top then land close to the Colorado river, take some great pictures and fly back to the helipad with a great view of the skywalk. The chopper is a big 8-seater one with an enclosed rear rotor. The pilot is very professional and nice. I would suggest this chopper ride instead of paying $75.00 for the 10 minutes Skywalk where you're not allowed to bring your own camera. I took lots of pictures while on board the chopper and they're spectacular. The view from up there is just awesome and jaw dropping!

• Greek first
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“the strip at night”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

we went with maverick (who picked us up at the hotel) on a night tour of the strip and city. it is beyond belief what you are seeing, however the trip is only 10 minutes long. after being in a helicopter for an hour with Papillon, the flight isnt as smooth and its quite hard to get good photo's, although we took a video of what we could see which was better. Perhaps see if you can find another company for the strip tour.

1 Thank cumbrian_lasso
alberta
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Once in a lifetime experience”
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Decided to do this as a family as we'd heard it was fantastic. We did do some comparing around to find a good deal. We ended up going to a kiosk beside the M&M store on Las Vegas Blvd. The lady there, Val, was extremely helpful and friendly. We booked with her because she offered the best price compared to the hotels (by about $80 less/person). The catch? Well, you have to get up for the early flights - 7AM. We got picked up as scheduled at 6:10AM at our hotel. We were driven to the Maverick terminal near the aiport and were weighed. Waited until 7AM to board and then we were off!

Lovely to see the Grand Canyon with the rising sun. Landed at the bottom of the canyon and we were offered a light snack and drinks (including a cheap champagne). Lots of opportunities to take photos of the surrounding canyon and with the helicopters in the background.

A wonderful experience for my hubby and kids. We all had an opportunity to switch seats so that we would have good views from the front. I, however, declined as I am very prone to motion-sickness. Although I was slightly nauseous, it was my my once-in-a-lifetime experience, so I'm happy I did it.

Be sure to go to the washroom before you go as there aren't any facilities in the canyon.

Visited January 2012
Oslo, Norway
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We booked the Skywalk Odyssey package and had a great experience. The skywalk itself was a bit disappointing, the trip itself was great.

The pilot was very friendly, the helicopter was nice, everything worked without a hitch (we were picked up at the hotel exactly on time).

The views from a helicopter of course beats everything, and we got more than expected as we were taken both on a trip past the Hoover Dam and over the Las Vegas strip on the return.

Visited January 2012
Berlin, Germany
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“The best thing you can do in Vegas, period”
Reviewed 25 February 2012

WOW. I booked the Western Journey tour and words can't describe this day. After taking off from Henderson airport we flew over Lake Meads and Hoover Damn all the way to the West Rim - and what a flight it was! Half an hour of amazing scenery and helpful commentary by our pilot Chris.

Absolutely breathtaking and it really helped that the Maverick helicopters were specifically designed for sightseeing with a lot of windows everywhere from the floor to the roof. I highly recommend spending just a bit more and go for these helicopters. You're only going to fly over the Grand Canyon once in your life.

At the Grand Canyon, I had time to go see the Skywalk, have lunch at the ranch (food wasn't anything special) and just enjoy the scenery. The Skywalk was less spectacular than I expected but being able to walk on the very edge of the canyon at Guano and Eagle Point totally made up for it.

All in all, the best thing to do in Vegas, period.