Rio All-Suite Hotel & Casino
Vdara.com
US$169
Bellagio.com
  • Restaurant
Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$95
Planet Hollywood
  • Pool
Bally's Las Vegas Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$65
  • Pool
Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$88
MandalayBay.com
US$50
US$40
  • Pool
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$159
  • Pool
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$110
US$22
  • Pool
Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$79
17,812 results
All reviewsmasquerade toweroff the stripipanema towervoodoo loungeseafood buffetcarnival buffetpenn and tellerhash house a go gofree shuttlerooms are largeshuttle servicetable gamesfloor to ceiling windowsslot machinessports bookcasinovegas
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My daughter and I stayed at the Rio and it was great. Our room was very spacious with a great view towards the west and Red Rock Canyon, and the staff friendly and helpful. There was one particular woman on the Concierge desk who was very good (sorry I can't remember the name - dark hair with glasses!).

I was glad we were off the over-stimulation of the Strip although waiting for the shuttle was a bit of a pain sometimes. The pools were lovely. The casino was always busy but for that reason, there was a lively atmosphere.

Angela

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Angela4Travel
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I recently stayed at the Rio in April this year. Myself and my husband visit Vegas around once a year and have been many times and we try and stay at different hotels. My review is somewhat coloured by the fact that I visited the Rio as the second hotel on the trip, after having 7 nights at the Palazzo. The Palazzo is around 3 times the price of the Rio (unless you get a promotional offer) but is more than 3 times better.

The Rio describes itself as the only all suite hotel...I don't think that this is an execeptional claim. We had a standard strip view room which essentially had a small sofa and a chair in it ...ta dah ...that's a suite....not that impressive. The decor is really tired too, the bathrooms very small, with a cramped dressing area..all the space is in the bedroom. It is quite an old hotel, but it is starting to really look it too.

Generally though, we knew we were coming to a cheaper option than the Palazzo, so it wasn't going to be as good, but the room smelt slightly of smoke and we had a strip view room which faced onto a skid pan race track. So from early in the morning, until after sunset you could hear the roaring of exhausts and tyres really loudly. I don't think the windows are double glazed as it was really annoying. The TV remote didn't work and the air conditioning kept switching itself off meaning I would wake up in the night dreaming I was in the desert, sweating away and dying of thirst.

The casino itself is ok, pretty tired too, but friendly and has a nice atmosphere...but it's pretty smoky and therefore smelly. The pool area was nice, but whereas you get comfy loungers at other hotels, these were just basic plastic ones, but the pools were nice, one was heated too..a blessing in April - the pool waitresses were a little aloof, but other than that ok.

The Rio's position means that you do need to catch the shuttle to the strip - so if you wanted a hotel where you can avoid getting taxis and just wander up and down the strip....this isn't for you. But due to its off strip position, it does offer one of the best views in Vegas from its bar the Voodoo lounge on the 51st floor. Also a little tired as a venue ..but the view never gets tiring....it's a must see in Vegas whether you stay here or not.

My summary is...would I stay here again. Nope. You can get better than this for the money. There are newer hotels on the strip that offer better levels of comfort and downtown hotels have had a bit of a refurb lately making places like the Golden Nugget really good alternatives.

But if you like the lived in look. the noise of skid pans and a slightly smoky smell ...this one's for you.

Room Tip: Ask for one not facing the skid pan ...it does mean you don't get the view..but you'll be glad of the sleep.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank missie22
Reviewed 23 April 2012

arrived Thursday eve. 19th april. Waited 45 min. in line at registration and told the woman at the desk that my wife had a broken leg and was on crutches. she put us on the 14th floor in the impanema tower. We were in the last room at the end of a very long hallway. I paced it off to over 120 yards. We asked to be moved to another room. It was closer to the elevator but was dirty, the furniture was worn, the bathroom door was broken and the sink leaked. Stayed two nights and will not be back ever. Only the valets did anything to accomadate my wifes broken leg.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MARK M
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My wife and I stayed for a week at the Rio and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. As with any hotel in Las Vegas, you immediately have concerns about the check-in wait time, but for us it was a scant 10 minutes (great for Vegas).

We had a Strip view room on the 31st floor and the view was terrific and the room was well-kept and clean.

Whenever I go to Vegas, I prefer to have a rental car with me. When you are at the Rio, you will probably want one so you don't have to wait on the shuttle to and from the Strip.

While the Rio is not one of the glitzy hotels like Cosmo, new like Aria or decadent like the Bellagio, it has a great feel to it and it's a good value. (I think too often, people visiting Vegas have unrealistically high expectations and hold hotels to higher standards than they pay for or that the hotel advertises as.)

Room Tip #1: If you like coffee, bring your K-Cups with you. They charge $3 per K-Cup. We brought ours with us in our carry-on bag.

Room Tip #2: The Rio is known for its wall-to-wall floor-to-ceiling windows. Bring to laundry pins for the drape to prevent the sun from creeping through in the morning through the massive windows.

Parking Tip: If you are self-parking (valet and self are about equidistance from the Ipanema Tower) then drive straight to the roof of the parking garage. The sky walk to the hotel is on the roof. It will save you the elevator ride. Also, you can park within 100 feet of the sky walk virtually 24 hours a day.

Location Tip: take advantage of the back way out of the Rio to get to and from the Strip quickly.

Room Tip: Ask for the highest floor available...and a Strip view. At night, it's great.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank HeathSchneider
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I remember a time when the Rio, off the strip, trendy, shiny and new, was a great antidote to the then family friendly strip. This was the mid 90's when Excalibur was attempting to make Vegas "fun for the whole family". The Rio was, well, Rio, grown up, risque and fun for grown ups. What happened there was definitely meant to stay there. Well fast forward 15+ years and the Rio has gentrified. I don't think I've seen that many personal scooters outside of Leisure World. I understand that the rooms are being renovated, but ours was Clinton era all the way, clean, but well worn, more Glitter Gulch than Mansion.

In short, the Rio is too expensive for it's off strip locale and neither elite enough or trendy enough to justify it as a destination. As a conference facility it was very good, but for a vacation getaway, choose a newer hotel on the strip to impress, or a classic downtown venue to economize.

Room Tip: While a strip view is nice, the smart money requests a recently renovated room.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business