“This Place Exceeds the Word Value!!”

Sam's Town Hotel and Gambling Hall
Ranked #66 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Atlanta, GA
“This Place Exceeds the Word Value!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2011

I knew that I was coming to the 2011 CES Convention in Vegas. So I started looking for discount airfares back in September. Unfortunately, I didn’t feel the good deals that I did for 2010 and I kept procrastinating. While I was concentrating on the airfares, the hotel rates were creeping up too.

Couldn’t find anything reasonable near the strip, so I looked at two standby hotels I had used before. The hotels were Terribles Resort and Sam’s Town. Although much further away from the strip, I picked Sam’s Town because it was about $30 cheaper than the other one. A strip hotel would have been more than $200 for just ONE night.

I picked the most basic room, but was given an upgrade when I got here to a premium room. With two nights at $90 plus tax, I was very pleased at what I saw. I took some photos before messing up the room.

Location:
Sam’s Town as I indicated is a good seven miles from the strip. There is absolutely nothing to do, but gamble and bowl at Sams Town. But it is a straight shot from the Strip via Flamingo Rd. The area around the hotel is business and residential. It was very quiet and I felt quite safe getting out of my car after midnight. A security officer though was present when I walked in.

Lobby:
The interior of the lobby has that cowboy-gold mining kind of motif. But the materials are good and nothing looks shabby. They also have an atrium area that is a pleasant place to have a beverage.

Room:
King size bed and the furnishing were not upscale, but in no way did they look worn and deteriorated. In fact, they looked quite well maintained.
The carpet is industrial type but a nice pattern and clean with no apparent wear.
The room is also relatively large and it is very quiet with decent lighting by lamps.
Large LCD tv on the wall, a mini refrigerator (which I’ve learned never to touch). It has a reasonable amount of closet space and a nice bathroom.

Surroundings:
I arrived late by plane, so I didn’t take much time to see what stores and services were in the area. There is a Wal-Mart across the street and several places to eat as you go down Flamingo towards the strip.

Here are photos of the room just before I crashed. The place is a super value if you don't mind being away from the strip. The savings made it easy to afford a car rental for about $60 to get where I had to go.

Oh, no free wifi, but at these prices who cares!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Lifetraveler1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (487)
  • Polish first
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2010

We decided to stay at sams town for christmas. We had be connected card and paid only $30 a night for room

Love the atrium to relax and enjoyed the christmas show.

Room had atrium view. Next time will book room not on atrium side so I don't wake up to christmas music at 8 am. It isn't super loud but loud enough if you went to bed late

Room clean and comfortable. I like that they don't use bedspreads. Because nobody washes them weekly at hotels

• Stayed December 2010
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2010

We arrived early in the day and were greeted at Front Desk with a smile. Our rooms were ready for early check in and the check in itself was quick and easy. Later, on another quick visit to the Front Desk, Dan was helpful and friendly.

My room was clean, pretty spacious and better-than-basic. I was pleased with the King bed, the bathroom was clean and large, with great toiletries.

The resort was large and very easy to get around. The lobby, tucked into the middle of the building, was cheery and decked out in holiday cheer. The casino floor was clean and maintained, with the staff being friendly and helpful. When I signed up at the desk for the players card, the staff member was wonderful! I can't remember her name, but she wore great rings, included a spinner ring that I admired. She explained everything and was a great asset to the resort.

The slots were friendly, though I fed them too much! The restaurants were great. TGIF was a great dinner, the small food fair was handy and the buffet breakfast was tasty!

The shuttle is a great service and I appreciated it when getting to and from the strip.

Thank you for everything!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2010

day one got hit on by a working girl at the bar
day two a pick pocket got my wallet, while playing slots, cameras saw nothing
day four wife purse was picked

very poor security

wont go there again

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank junofire
Utica, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2010

The hotel has a bowling alley, movie theater, a few restaurants, and their big waterfall attraction. It's off the strip and the shuttles only run to freemont and Harrah's, and the last one back is around ten at night. Traffic can get pretty bad if you have to keep driving to the strip and back. There's not much around this hotel, so I hope you like to gamble if you stay here. They do clean the rooms quite well, however. No free internet though, and I believe the costs are about $8 per hour, $30 for three days, and $50 a week. Not worth it! There are plenty of hotels out there with free internet.

• Stayed October 2010
2 Thank KrystalLH
San Antonio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

We were passing through Las Vegas on our way to Utah & my parents have always told me to try Sam's. Well we stayed Sun Oct 24th & the room was only $30!! Couldn't beat it. The casino is quiet & the rooms are comfortable. I'd suggest this hotel especially if you're trying to get away from the strip & the choas or even if you're just passing through Vegas.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NAMSanAntonio
Argyle, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2010

We attended a reunion here so really didn't have a choice, however, the rates were good for mid-week stay. Nothing fancy at all. Taxi from airport was $35 one way [w/tip] but only $25 return trip [w/tip]? The catered dinner was good and presented nicely in one of the banquet rooms. Gambling was a bust here- we took the free shuttle downtown then city bus to the strip where we won some jackpots. Overall, it was okay for the short time we were there. I prefer the strip. Rooms were clean - bed was hard - pillows were like rocks.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple