“Planet Hollywood is where it's Happening”

Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino
Ranked #71 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Chicago, Illinois
“Planet Hollywood is where it's Happening”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Just got back from Vegas ( stayed 4/19-4/23 ). Upon arrival during check in which was quick I thought our experience was going to be a bad one as our Check in person was very short, asked if there were any upgrades available at all as I was willing to pay for one and with out even checking said No before I could even finish my sentence. I then asked him what the difference was between our room and the resort vista room and he then said our room was much smaller than the resort vista was ( but according to website it should be the same basically?????)
Well when we opened our door to the room(34th floor) I went back to being Vegas happy and ready to have a good time, I am not sure what the gentleman at check in was talking about or if he even knew what he was talking about. We checked out the regular room and our room seemed to be double the size of the Hollywood hip rooms.
The bathroom was great with his and her sinks on each side, a separte room for the toliet, a large soaking tub, and the shower had a bench seat in it.
The room was a little dusty but no means dirty like other reviews had stated.
House keeping was good and did not knock early they waited until the do not disturb sign was taking down.
The Casino on the first day was a bit confusing, but learned the landmarks and was able to direct ourselves to where ever we wanted to go quickly.
The dealers were all in good spirits and had fun with you and even would help you if you had a question about a certain play. And of course the pleasure pit ladies was a nice benefit !
The Pool: We did the cabana and all in all even though we sat by the pool and had a bottle to drink, the pool is horrible! It's like the size of someones pool in the back yard that has a little bit of money If I had to guess I would say the pool size is probably about 100-120 feet in length by 20-30 feet wide.. Just horrible for a hotel that has Thousands of people staying in it at any given time and it is freezing, water couldn't have been any warmer than 60 degrees. Coming from Chicago where we have Lake Michigan that does not get to warm but felt way warmer than the pool did is saying a lot.
The Miracle Mile is nice, Restaurants were good nothing great. Earl of Sandwhiches is a great value to have so your not paying $20-25 everytime you go to eat something and that's on the low end for some places.

We asked for a late check out and were giving one until 1pm our flight was leaving later so we checked our bags with the bell people in front of registration which is a nice ammenity planet hollywood has.

All in All it was a very good experience and time we had in Vegas this trip and would definately stay there again, the only downside was the gentleman at the front desk that seemed like we were a incovience to him and did not know what he was talking about.
Already starting to plan another trip to Vegas in a couple Months

Room Tip: If you are not worried about having a view of the fountains and just want a bigger room for a decent...
2 Thank S0NiC76

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,088)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
usa
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We stayed there 4-15 through 4-21 and found the staff EXTREMELY courteous and helpful our entire stay. Lots of shopping with the Miracle Mile shops, plenty of restaurants, and good cocktail waitresses. Room was fair sized(not largest but certainly not the smallest) and we upgraded to the Bellagio fountain view. Window was small but still had a great view. The only fault was @ night, the overhead music was WAY too loud for my taste and I have a hearing loss. My wife and I couldn't even hold conversation and add the live band and it was too much for me. So we would enjoy the property during the day and travel the strip at night. All in all I would stay there again if I could get the fountain view.

Room Tip: Ask for a strip view.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank burdog
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Planet Hollywood is a buzzing Casino and Hotel in a great location. It's extremely lively with a great selection of restaurants and it conveniently has shopping mall. We followed the advice of other TripAdvisors and slipped the $20 at the time of check in and had a great updrade to the 31st floor with a view of the strip. The room decor was a bit old, but I didnt care as I was comfortable. The staff in the hotel, casino and restaurants were lovely and we were happy with the servie. The reason I give this hotel a 3 is because I had a couple of issues...a) the water stank, I couldn't brush my teeth or wash my face in it! b) A man from the concierge (arrogant looking with greyish hair) watched as I got to the front of the line and just ignored me, at first i thought he may have been busy but after a couple of minutes I realised he was just plain rude!

1 Thank Mish1984
toronto

OMG!...... Stayed here Super Bowl weekend with my husband and sthis'd fiends
we got to the hotel late around 11pm took a late flight once we arrived we were upgraded to a suite with the view of the bellagio fountains it was crazy you could hear the music also so pretty we had the CASINO suite all the rooms are based of movies we had floor to celing windows and the bathroom was huge massive soaker tub with a bay window that faced the bellagio fountains also. We love Vegas and have stayed in many hotels such as Venetian as well as mirage but this view by far was the best!
Room was super clean hotel is great it had a younger crowd and amazing music top 40 playing all the time feels like you are gambling in a nite club ...lol when you lose you don't feel it so hard !! Lol
Great time looking forward to going back in the fall!

Room Tip: Ask for a upgrade! They usually give them complimentary! And spring for the room with the view of th...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Travelgirl2711
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My trip started off poorly when a Planet Hollywood valet rear-ended me while I was waiting to valet (in my brand new car, no less). Instead of apologizing - he argued it was not his fault. Luckily another valet and supervisor saw it happen and countered. However, after completing the "incident report", I was promised to be "comp'd" for my troubles. I NEVER was contacted by the valet supervisor as promised, even after I called and emailed him. The front office manager and asst hotel manager were as equally worthless - sure, they apologize profusely, but don't do anything. To top it off, my room was missing a floor lamp and a second phone, the blinds were broken, there was no refrigerator and no cabinets for clothing. One day I had to call THREE times to get my room cleaned. The "strip view" room I was promised looked out over a roof. Again, "we're sorry", but that was it. They don't care about you as a paying guest - and it is obvious. I will NEVER go there again.

Room Tip: If you plan to stay here - look for coupons or deals before booking ...the quoted prices are complet...
2 Thank CAChickadee1
Reviewed 24 April 2012

As I like to preface my Vegas reviews with I am in Vegas - ALL THE TIME - between working there about 2 mos each year to 4-5 weekend trips a year I believe I have stayed at every hotel on the strip. While I had not stayed at PH until this trip, I have always enjoyed gambling here. The atmosphere is young, bright, nice dealers, and good music. Because of this I was excited to stay here last weekend. However I have to say I was very disappointed with my three day stay. Long story short the gambling is very good, the side attractions (food, bars, shopping) are good, rooms are well below average, and pool is horrid.

The room: First off they gave me a smoking room, when I specifically requested non-smoking. YES I could have asked to be changed but after waiting 30 min to check in and then getting to the room we were excited to get out. While it was a smoking room overall the smell wasn't too bad. The room was quite large but there was a lot just a little off. Several lights didn't work (two lamps and the in-cabinet lighting), there were a lot of random chips and stains in the decorations, and the room was set up very poorly. Oh well some trips we rarely stay in the room longer than a few hours a night, but as this one was a getaway with the girlfriend and not buddies it was a little more disappointing.
Next up was the pool. OK so I give the room a "2/5" but also consider the price, if you get a good price and don't care about the room that much then it is definitely workable.

The pool: Summer Vegas trips are all about relaxing at the pool and this was by far the most disappointing part of the trip. The pool area is huge (football field) too bad everything except for 20% of that area is concrete without even a view of the pool. Around the pool are some sun chairs and a few cabanas. But the cabanas are purely rental (not even minimum spend such as at every other pool). The sun chairs are fairly dirty and there is not a single umbrella or other break from the sun. One redeeming quality about the pool is that the bar makes a pretty strong and tasty drink. The rest was awful and it was unbelievable that I heard they actually charge anyone not staying at the hotel to go. I would give the pool a "0/5"

As I mentioned above the gaming was good - other than the blackjack tables under the go go dancers paying 6 to 5 blackjacks I really like gambling here.

Everything else: I like the food here. Earl of sandwich is very good (although not the world beating place that they would make you think, good none the less). The Spice Market buffet is good too. I like the fact there is a Wal-Greens right outside and the mall is connected.

As a total rewards member I was disappointed in the overall experience and won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Go to the Mirage :)
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Michael C
San Francisco
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The one thing that stuck out most to me was the lack of attention to small details that, when visiting any hotel, can quickly compound to make the experience less than satisfying. The common spaces were seriously abused and beat up (hallways, walls, elevators, etc) I've never been in a hotel (Vegas or elsewhere) that had so much damage to the common areas. It really brought down the level of quality because damage makes it seem dirty and shabby, it could be so much nicer with just a little attention to regular maintenance. We were a group of 13 with 3 celebrating birthdays and 4 first timers, so I asked for a good view. The woman confirmed she had something 'nice' lined up but of course when we got to the room, it was on the back of the hotel looking at mostly the roof of the mall below. Even after booking 3 months in advance, we STILL had rooms on separate floors and we had to wait an additional hour and a half for the fourth room to be ready. The most disappointing part was the condition of the rooms. We paid a little extra to have 'Resort' style rooms. These are bigger and supposed to be a bit nicer than the standard or "Hollywood Hip" rooms. These rooms were far from 'posh' and didn't really feel 'Resort' at all due to the condition. The bathroom has a small rectangular rug inset in the tile and in my room, it looked as if it had been torn apart at one corner by a dog. It was all frayed and gross looking and our friends' connecting room had a giant burn mark in theirs. Two lamps in each of our rooms were not working. In my room the phone cord casing was tearing away, exposing the wires right at the handset and you could hear the dial tone even when you were speaking to someone. My room also had a large red stain on the floor (I'm still hoping it was just from a spilled drink) Seriously, how hard is it to spot clean a hotel room carpet? On the plus side, when we told the desk about all the items, they were fixed immediately (except the bathroom rug and the phone in my room) so that was good service. Speaking of service, we couldn't ever reach the front desk by calling from our room and we also called the "pool" phone number to ask the hours one day and the woman on the other end said "I don't know"...!!! The pool area (Skyy 18+ pool) was kinda grimy. The daybeds were super gross, and I definitely wouldn't sit on one for $100 a day, all stained, there was hair on them, and the table next to it was all sticky and gross from food and drink but no cleaning. Overall, their pool area is one of the weakest features of the resort. The casino was nice and the Spice Market buffet was really good with excellent service. Caesar's Entertainment could really put a bit more into the general upkeep on this property because it could be nicer than it is but sadly, I would not think of booking a room there again.

2 Thank TKSF78