Just got back from Vegas ( stayed 4/19-4/23 ). Upon arrival during check in which was quick I thought our experience was going to be a bad one as our Check in person was very short, asked if there were any upgrades available at all as I was willing to pay for one and with out even checking said No before I could even finish my sentence. I then asked him what the difference was between our room and the resort vista room and he then said our room was much smaller than the resort vista was ( but according to website it should be the same basically?????)
Well when we opened our door to the room(34th floor) I went back to being Vegas happy and ready to have a good time, I am not sure what the gentleman at check in was talking about or if he even knew what he was talking about. We checked out the regular room and our room seemed to be double the size of the Hollywood hip rooms.
The bathroom was great with his and her sinks on each side, a separte room for the toliet, a large soaking tub, and the shower had a bench seat in it.
The room was a little dusty but no means dirty like other reviews had stated.
House keeping was good and did not knock early they waited until the do not disturb sign was taking down.
The Casino on the first day was a bit confusing, but learned the landmarks and was able to direct ourselves to where ever we wanted to go quickly.
The dealers were all in good spirits and had fun with you and even would help you if you had a question about a certain play. And of course the pleasure pit ladies was a nice benefit !
The Pool: We did the cabana and all in all even though we sat by the pool and had a bottle to drink, the pool is horrible! It's like the size of someones pool in the back yard that has a little bit of money If I had to guess I would say the pool size is probably about 100-120 feet in length by 20-30 feet wide.. Just horrible for a hotel that has Thousands of people staying in it at any given time and it is freezing, water couldn't have been any warmer than 60 degrees. Coming from Chicago where we have Lake Michigan that does not get to warm but felt way warmer than the pool did is saying a lot.
The Miracle Mile is nice, Restaurants were good nothing great. Earl of Sandwhiches is a great value to have so your not paying $20-25 everytime you go to eat something and that's on the low end for some places.
We asked for a late check out and were giving one until 1pm our flight was leaving later so we checked our bags with the bell people in front of registration which is a nice ammenity planet hollywood has.
All in All it was a very good experience and time we had in Vegas this trip and would definately stay there again, the only downside was the gentleman at the front desk that seemed like we were a incovience to him and did not know what he was talking about.
Already starting to plan another trip to Vegas in a couple Months
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience celebrity first hand at the "House that Fame Built" - Planet Hollywood Las Vegas Resort & Casino. With star-worthy accommodations and an upscale atmosphere, you never know who you might see. Dine in style at Gordon Ramsay BurGR Las Vegas, the acclaimed chef’s latest Las Vegas hotspot; at Koi, where Japanese tradition meets California innovation, or at Strip House Las Vegas, the critically acclaimed NYC-based steakhouse. If you’re looking for something a little more casual, stop by the Spice Market Buffet, featuring fare from around the world, or at Ringer, where you can feast on wings and tenders, all-beef sliders, New York-style pizza and waffle fries while watching and wagering on your favorite games. On the casino floor, Heart Bar and The Pleasure Pit ensure non-stop excitement each with their own brand of fun. You can also discover the latest trends at the Miracle Mile Shops or socialize and sunbathe at the Planet Hollywood pool, home to dozens of cabanas and the only Las Vegas pool with a FlowRider wave machine. For those who’d rather relax indoors, the Spa by Mandara hosts a bevy of rejuvenating services in a calm, serene setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Otel, Ctrip TA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Planet Hollywood Resort And Casino
- Planet Hollywood Las Vegas
- Planet Hollywood Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Aladdin