“Poor Building Conditions”

Ranked #187 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Los Angeles, California
“Poor Building Conditions”
Reviewed 2 April 2012

Very terrible Hotel..If you are planning to stay with the Family. Think twice.
We stayed at this Hotel during the weekend of March 23 - 25th. in room 4632. At around 4:30 am, water started leaking from the ceiling. Many personal items were damaged by the water that the Hotel refused to pay for because according to them, this accident was caused by a third party .We were moved to another room (4409). Very noise, and water leaks from the sink.
After a terrible night, I went around 9:30am and ask for a different room. This time they gave us room 4518. The worst happended again...flooded toilet and shower. WORST HOTEL.
Very Rude Customer Service.
Click on the link to see video of the water leak...

Room Tip: All the rooms are in very bad conditions. Overall, the Building has all kind of issues. NOT recomm...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jesse S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Trinidad, Colorado
Reviewed 29 March 2012

My wife and I found the room to very nice. Room with two queen beds and the bedding was nice - pillow top matress with several pillows of varied firmness. Everything was clean and quite satisfactory. Was it the Ritz? No. But at $40 to $85 depending on what night of the week- hard to beat. We stayed in a None Smoking room and did not even detect a hint of smoke. Downstairs in the casino certainly smokey, but come on - ITS A CASINO! We would not hesitate to stay there again. Every member of the staff I dealt with whether on the phone or at the front desk were totally helpful and accomodating.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank COcomadre
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I recently stayed at Arizona Charlies Decatur because I wanted a hotel off the Strip, and this one was located in the western part of Las Vegas, where I had business to accomplish.

I'd read reviews complaining about the smokiness of the casino area, and they were not kidding. However, I stayed in a smoke-free room, and ate in the coffee shop and buffet dining rooms, and never had a problem with smoke in those areas. I do wish the windows in the rooms were not permanently locked, making it impossible to get much fresh air into the room.

I was also not pleased with the $11.95 per day charge for Internet access (charged per device per day, so if you were foolish enough to use both a computer and a tablet or smart phone, you'd be charged a separate fee for each.) The hotel also charges 75 cents to connect all calls, including local and toll-free calls.

On the plus side, absolutely everyone I came in contact with on the hotel staff, from the front desk clerks to the maids and housekeeping supervisors to the staff in the restaurants, were friendly and totally pleasant to deal with. They made my stay very enjoyable.

The Sourdough coffee shop is open 24 hours a day, offers a great variety of good food, and some amazing value specials, for which a casino players card is required to get the best price. The card takes only a few minutes to obtain, and doing so is definitely worth it. I only ate at the buffet once, for breakfast, but everything I ate was very good, and I really liked the choice from a very extensive selection of American breakfast items and a good selection of Tex-Mex items as well.

I got a great rate on my room, enjoyed a quiet peaceful stay, and really appreciated the convenience and value of the on-site restaurants. If you can stand the smoke when walking through the casino, this is a pretty good choice. And if you play the slots and hate smoke, they DO offer an enclosed smoke-free gaming area.

Room Tip: Check booking services for rates that are lower than the rates posted for booking directly through t...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank teddybtoronto
staffs england
Reviewed 18 November 2011

always stayed several weeks in vegas,returned home today after the best week of our 4week stay,could not fault any staff member,food was good [note:icomplained about food on previous visit]

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank tonythetiger_9
Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 30 June 2011

There is not enough room to list all the things that went wrong with our stay at your hotel. I wish I could blame it on just one thing but the facility and staff can both take about 50-50 credit. The highlights of our most disappointing, not to mention frightening experience, would be when the elevators kept breaking down and one elevator constantly had an out or order sign on it. Sunday morning, the 26th of June, I was trying to get off the 2nd floor when again one of the elevators was out of order so I wait and wait and wait for the working one but it wouldn't come up so I try to take the stairs thinking this would be safer and I get locked in the stairwell. Being a claustrophobic, this experience was devastating to the point I broke down, shaking and crying. When the security got me out finally they acted like it was no big deal even though I was visually shaken. They also advised that we should still use the elevators even when they indicate they are broke down. That is insane!! I could not believe what I was hearing and just wanted to check out right then and there having been terrified and humiliated but this greedy hotel had already charged my card for the 3 days I was to stay. Smaller complaints compared to this one would be charging a per day charge for the damn coffee machine. Are you kidding me!?! I paid over 100.00 per night and they dare say there is a deposit for a rinky dink 4 cup coffee machine!?! Not even a Motel 8 would stoop so low. his hotel is very unsafe and not fit for guests. I have always been a gracious and appreciative guest no matter where I stay and your staff took advantage of that nature and treated me, my children and my elderly mother very rudely like we were bothering them and could care less about our stay. One final note: I'm still trying to understand how a small glass of orange juice can cost more than an entire breakfast. We are frequent travelers not fit for guests. I have always been a gracious and appreciative guest no matter where I stay and your staff took advantage of that nature and treated me, my children and my elderly mother very rudely like we were bothering them and could care less about our stay. One final note: I'm still trying to understand how a small glass of orange juice can cost more than an entire breakfast. We are frequent travelers,unfortunately we wiill not be staying here ever again.

Room Tip: don't stay here.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
8 Thank 60DayTour

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

San Jose, California
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I don't know where to begin. Let me start with the smell, It smelled like an ashtray....talk about second hand smoke They tried covering the smell in the no smoking section with this god awful smelling deodorizer....that was horrible.. The door to enter our room wouid not stay closed, I woke up with the door wide open. I called the front desk and they said the doors were like that...well I never knew a door to close an open back up on its own...it did that the whole 4days we were theyre. To top it off the tv did not work, it took them 2days bring in a new one.....Front desk was HORRIBLE so was room service...they didn't clean our room. That was just the hotel, the casino people were rude...no wonder it was like a ghost town.....they scared everyone off... REALLY NO JOKE THIS PLACE SUCKED!!!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
9 Thank bonbon408
Salt Lake City
Reviewed 22 February 2011

My family and I travel to this hotel for a recent Soccer Tournament. While our car was in the valet's possession our cameras and other electronics were taken from our vehicle. Since their security cameras could not see someone in our vehicle at the exact time it was broken into, they would not insure the theft despite their negligence in leaving the car unlocked.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with family