“Highly Suggest You Stay Elsewhere!!!!!”

Emerald Suites - Convention Center
Emerald Suites - Convention Center
Ranked #228 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 17 June 2017

I feel the best way to explain it is to share the review I shared with this property:
I'm writing to inform you of my review regarding your property. The young female clerk you had on duty last evening, Friday, 16 Jun 2017 and the Security Guard, Jonas, were great. However, that's where it ends. Upon arrival to your property, I was notified by the clerk (and I could tell she was sincerely embarrassed and humilitated to have to tell me this...) that she didn't have any room keys available and I would have to be let into my room by Jonas. When I asked further why there wasn't a key available, her response was that she had let her Asst Mgr, Neichka, know about the situation and that the response from Neichka was, "They'll just have to wait until 8:00 tomorrow morning for us to get one to them!" (WAIT....WHAT WAS THAT????) I was stunned by the intensely unprofessional and uncaring response they Asst Mgr had to her clerk on duty. In addition, the clerk told me that she knew there were keys available in another locked room just off the lobby but that the Asst Mgr was unwilling to come in and make them available for customers checking in, such as myself! My question was, "What good does that do us if we're leaving in the morning?" With respect to the room, the light switch by the door is faulty, the sofa is REALLY worn out and needs to be replaced, the sink was dirty with hairs from a previous customer and there were numerous pubic hairs plainly visible around the tub.
With all this being said, if I were the manager at this property, the Asst Manager, Neichka, would no longer be in her position but would instead be seeking employment elsewhere! Being retired military, with Bachelors and Master degrees in business and having been a manager and supervisor in a number of increasingly promotional businesses, the attitude and response of Neichka is wholly unprofessional, irresponsible and completely unbecoming of someone in that position. In addition, it it unbelievably irresponsible to put her clerk in such an embarrassing and humiliating position rather than fulfill her professional duties and do whatever it takes to ensure the people that work under her have ALL the required equipment, tools etc readily available to do their jobs to the fullest and ensure the company is presented in the highest light possible. Lastly, the price charged for this room was outlandish due to the nature of all items presented. I have notified Expedia and will also be making an appropriate review on Trip Advisor and other related sites as well.

Room Tip: Please read the attached review I wrote to the company.....
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
4  Thank cruisenhawk

Reviewed 27 February 2017

This place was awful. The front desk people gave us a key to a room that was already occupied. Gave us a key to another room, and the key didn't work - TWICE. When we finally got into the room, it was so dirty. The carpets and couch were stained, the bathtub and surround had mold everywhere. After seeing the dirty room, dog feces all over the courtyard, and some pretty shady looking characters hanging around the property, we quickly decided that we would not feel safe staying there. We sat on the bed to start searching for somewhere else to stay, and the bed was THE MOST uncomfortable thing I have ever sat on. When we booked this "hotel", there was no mention online AT ALL that this was a weekly stay location. It was obvious that many low income people were staying there in lieu of having nowhere else to go. The staff was rude, and the whole experience was NOT good. I will be calling my credit card company to dispute the charge, as this "hotel" was not properly represented, and we didn't even stay there. STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Robin M
Reviewed 7 December 2016

Property is really a place for low income housing people to live by the week. Rooms had roaches beds were made of rocks and tv only got 10 stations. Pool had closed sign and never opened the week I was there. Do yourself a favor stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
4  Thank Dennis I
Reviewed 10 August 2016

I'm bout to bite the bullet and move, but I've got a white noise machine on order and I'm going to see if that helps my situation.

I've been living here for over 2 months. and for the last month I've had a problem with noise in front of my building. Even though I'm on the second floor, I'm woken up every night by the same people hanging out in front of one of the first floor rooms, talking loud, playing music, shooting dice, etc.

I've also got someone walking around above me with my ceiling creaking, closing drawers and moving furniture. Annoying, but tolerable compared to getting woken up several times every night.

The good part is the air conditioner in my room is so loud it drowns out a lot of the noise, but it cycles on and off so I get woken up when it's not running. Hence me trying a white noise machine as a last resort.

I've told the front desk which room downstairs is causing the problem, and they haven't done anything about it that I can tell. I call Security most nights and sometimes they come around, but the noise still continues after they leave. I also asked the front desk if I could change rooms, and they said it would be a $74 fee. If I'm going to go to the trouble of packing, moving, and then unpacking my stuff then it'll be to go to another place, not to pay $74 to continue to live at the same place.

Otherwise, if you plan to stay here expect to have to provide your own sheets and towels, you'll have no maid service or other hotel-like amenities, and you'll be surrounded by the kind of people who can't get an apartment. I've been told that some of these extended-stay places are used as halfway houses by ex-prisoners and druggies, and that would describe how a lot of the people who are in this building look and act.

Internet is free, but they change the password every month and the service isn't consistent. They have 3 HBO channels (sometimes only 2) but the shows don't seem to sync up with the HBO guide. I still haven't figured that one out.

Microwave and fridge get the job done. Shower pressure is good. The bathroom faucet drips and the one in the kitchen area leaks around the base so the counter area gets wet if you run the water very long. When she comes in to Vegas to visit me, my g/f tells me the room smells musty, but I can't smell so that doesn't really bother me, although I do spray it down with air freshener. I haven't used the oven or stove so I don't know whether they work or how well. I have seen roaches (dead and alive).

The only good part is the price, but like everything else, you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: No elevators, but get a top floor room. Don't go barefoot.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank LoneWolf949
Reviewed 8 August 2016 via mobile

Pool is always murky dirty. They never answer the phone at the office they never know anything at the office. Security is never around. This place only gets worse. People are very rude and low life it's like a modern low life getto run property. They need new owner they don't care no place for kids don't stay here you won't be happy at all. This place is hell no happy faces around here.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 22 June 2016

Bed bugs, and lots of them, BEWARE...I checked in June 20 2016 and woke up after one night with bites all over my body....I have lots of pictures and will show..
I asked for a new room and was refused...I asked for my money back and was refused...
What is going on here.... the staff told me they didn't know...BS....beds had plastic on them and rugs couches and mattresses were in dumpsters all over the property...I put in a dispute with credit card company under unsafe living conditions to try and get my money back... want a picture email me

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank cybergamer
Reviewed 18 May 2016

I made a very negative comment on this same place some 6 months ago & vowed not to come back again. But I did come back, for obvious reasons. But this time around, I was pleasantly surprised that the service had improved tremendously & I asked the front desk what happened. I was told the previous team working there , except for one lady, had been asked to leave & a new management had taken over. I do want to mention this particular front desk lady named Donna who had shown great exemplary customer service. She was extremely patient & went out of her way to help me pits a letter becuz there's a post office near her house. And I also met the GM Melissa who was out & about the office talking to tenants/customers. This is a big change compared to the previous manager who refused to meet me! Keep it up ladies !!
I would like to come back again.

Room Tip: Reasonably priced apartment equipped wth kitchen stove, oven & microwave oven.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo