I was comped 3 nights in a Palace Tower premium room, a room that I've had before, and one that I like a lot. First, I'm not a huge fan of Caesars Palace, simply because it's too big and spread out. The rooms are good, plenty of restaurants and shops, but the property is just massive. I checked in at about 2pm, I was waiting in line (Platinum check in) when an employee directed my party and a few others to follow her around the corner for a faster check in. We went to the old Diamond check in, which is now Augustus and Octavius tower check in. The guy checking me in told me he could put me in the brand new Octavius tower if I wanted. I had booked a non smoking room, but for whatever reason he was trying to push me into a smoking room on a smoking floor, not sure why he was trying to do that. After a few calls he told me that I'm lucky, and he was able to get me a great room in the new tower (non smoking), and that I'm gonna love it.
Benefits of the new tower as told to me by the employee at check in:
- Much larger rooms
- Private hotel feel
- Caesars way to cater to the Mandarin and Four Season elite crowd.
Actual benefits of the room
- Private entrance with it's own valet area
- HDTV, with ipad/ipod hookup to display on the tv, clock radio with ipod connectivity
The room was about the same size if not smaller than the Palace Tower Premium room I've had before. You are probably the furthest set of rooms away from the action in the entire property. The beds were very tall and on the firm side, with great linens. The beds had LED lights for reading right next to them. The bathroom was large, and included a double granite vanity, jacuzzi tub, different shower area and a room for the toilet. The HDTV was nice, and i'm sure the ipod/ipad connectivity would be useful for some, but for me, I just hooked my ipad up, saw that it worked pretty easy, but didn't come to Vegas to watch a movie.
I didn't get that "small hotel feel", or the Mandarin/Four Seasons feel either. IMHO this was a Palace Tower room. It's really nice, but nothing to set Caesars ahead of other top properties or towers. I still wouldn't even come close to comparing it to the Wynn or Encore. I haven't stayed at Aria, so I can't compare that. If I was booked into the Palace Tower Premium room again, I would probably stay there vs the upgrade to Octavius. It is brand new, so I'll give the soft product of the "new private hotel" time to mature.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Every day is spectacular at the iconic Caesars Palace! From celebrity chefs Gordon Ramsay, Bobby Flay, Guy Savoy, Nobu Matsuhisa and Francois Payard and a world-class buffet to upscale dining and casual fare, Caesars Palace offers the finest restaurants on the Las Vegas strip. Soak in the daytime excitement of the five acre Garden of the Gods Pool Oasis where six different pool experiences compliment heavenly bodies that adorn its grounds. Relax in the opulent oasis at Venus European Pool Lounge and experience fun European-style sunbathing in private comfort. Take in skylines from around the world and enjoy specialty cocktails at the upscale Vista Cocktail Lounge. At Montecristo Cigar Bar you can watch all the big games and sporting events on the oversized video wall while enjoying fine whiskeys, smooth cigars and small bites in a state-of-the-art, fully ventilated 4,000 sq ft environment. Star-powered performances by Celine Dion, Elton John, Rod Stewart, Reba Brooks & Dunn & Mariah Carey fill The Colosseum. As night falls, join the electrifying vibe of OMNIA Nightclub - you never know what celebrity might be in attendance. Enjoy the natural and healing powers of water with a treatment at the award-winning Qua Baths & Spa. COLOR, a Salon by Michael Boychuck, brings Hollywood glam to Las Vegas at his ground-breaking creation. For the discriminating shopper, The Forum Shops at Caesars still stands as the Strip's premier shopping destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Caesars Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caesars Palace Las Vegas
- Classic Hotel Las Vegas
- Classic Hotel Caesars Palace
- Caesar Palace
- Caesars Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Caesars Palace
- Ceasars Palace Las Vegas