“How can you beat free.”
Review of Caesars Palace

Caesars Palace
Ranked #33 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I just love saying "Yeah, we got comped at Caesars" , even though I am sure we paid for it in other ways. Anyway, my buddy and I signed up for the Total Rewards programs about a year ago and put our cards in the booking website and wow, we got four free nights at the end of March. We stayed in the Roman Tower which are the cheap seats of the hotel. I have to say I was impressed with the quality of the room and it did beat my expectations. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The room didn't compare to say The Mirage, or the Red Rooms at the Paris, but for two dudes boozing and gambling they were perfect. Access to the strip is actually very quick if you know where you are going but we stayed away from the Forum Shops entrance as you seem to enter never never land there. Drink service was pretty good, but if your looking for the best drink service we found it at the Rio and surprisingly the Cosmopolitan. They make a B-52 that will level you after a day of just beer. If your into cigars, they have a cigar shop on the casino floor at Caesars, a little over priced but very good selection. It was the end of spring break when we were there and if you are under thirty this seemed like one of the places to be. Lots of Vin Diesel look a likes and extremely short skirts everywhere. Those poor girls trying to walk in those heels, why? Overall and very good experience and it looks like we are comped again for next year in which it will be either the Paris or Caesars again. Man I love Vegas.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (29,719)

Reviewed 5 April 2012

I spent three nights here on a comp last month after not having stayed here in exactly two years. I was given a room in the Augustus tower overlooking Flamingo Road and the Bellagio Fountains beyond. The room was immaculately clean, relatively quiet except for occasional traffic noise from Flamingo Road and very comfortable. This would be the most positive aspect of a stay here.
Otherwise the casino is is a waste of time in terms of fair play for your money and most of the restaurants outrageously overpriced and overall quite mediocre. The three I tried this visit were Cafe Central for breakfast, which is a new coffee shop/restaurant with spotty service and undistinguished expensive food. For lunch I tried Beijing Noodle No.9 which had possibly the worst blandest chinese food I have ever had. My third misadventure was the japanese restaurant Hyakumi, which has been a Caesar's mainstay for many years and which served me sushi and sushi rolls which I could describe only in one word. Disgusting. I was shocked at how bad it was
I wanted to go to Bradley Ogden's where I had eaten well before, but it was closed on the monday night I was there and so I went and had a wonderful meal at the Palm Restaurant which has nothing to do with Caesar's in the Forum Shops.
As I have stated before, Caesars Palace is a shadow of it's former glorious self before Harrah's took it over in 2005. It's real successors are either Wynn or the Venetian which combine well Las Vegas gaudy hearty action with luxury and excitement. Caesar's Palace is still grand in design, yet heartless in substance, but it still sports a luxurious hotel in which to stay, if one only does so for it's ideal location and comfortable hotel amenities.

Room Tip: Stay at Caesar's if you must, but don't gamble or eat there.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Canadianknowitall
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel several times over the past 4 years for a few conferences.

It is what you would expect from a place called Caesars palace.

Let me start with the bathroom which is just fantastic :) Flat screen TV in bathroom, bath & body works toiletries (not small 1 oz bottles but large ones) refreshed every day, what seemed to be marble tiles throughout, just absolutely stunning.

Rooms are spacious, extremely comfortable bed. Large flat screen TV, work desk/chair and and pull out sofa.

The casino, forum shops, restaurants and food court all give lots of things to do and eat. When I stay at other hotels in Vegas, I always visit Caesars for their food and gambling.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank WestIndian4ever
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed 5 nights at caesars Palace. No problems at check in, Bell boy took our cases to our Palace tower room on floor 6 room number 622. Nice view of the main pool for our room.
Our room was large with a huge bathroom, comfy beds! Room was cleaned everyday towels changed when we requested! Caesars Palace is a huge hotel with loads of things on offer. Would say this is one of the high end hotels on the strip and would 100% stay here again. Having stayed at the Monte Carlo in December 2011 Caesars knocks the socks of the Monte Carlo! Will defo be heading back to Caesars Palace when I visit Las Vegas!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank charlotte8682
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We stayed in a suite in the 14th floor of the Roman tower and our room was super nice with 1 and a half baths (normal bathroom plus a powder room with sink and jacuzzi). The room was great, my only complaint is the TV was really crappy, but who stays in their room and watches TV in Vegas? haha. The bed was super comfy, almost to the point where it was hard to get out of bed in the morning...

The hotel itself was great, my dad was there for a conference so we crashed the reception and the conference facilities were top notch and HUGE.

Great location, especially if you're not a huge gambler as you can go to the forum shops or just walk around the strip, you're pretty much right in the middle of the strip so it's easy to walk just about anywhere you want...

The pool was my favorite part, in a gaudy yet awesome Vegas-way. Tons of statues and greek architecture along with five pools, one of which has swim-up Blackjack tables.

We ate at MESA which was great and the bartenders were super nice, letting us sample things before deciding on our elixirs of choice. We also drank at a few of the other bars there, and while not the cheapest place to get drunk in Vegas, they all had great service.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I've stayed at Caesars many times but my recent trip will be my last. Overall, the place is getting a little tired. There is certainly nothing remarkable about the rooms, the atmosphere is somewhat like a mid-grade cruise line and, unfortunately, the service level is very poor, especially in the restaurants which are understaffed and very poorly managed and operated. You would think by now that they would have figured out how to manage crowds and anticipate demand. There are many cool places to stay in Vegas but this isn't one of them anymore.

Room Tip: ask for the newer Towers
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank tctripadv
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Stayed four nights at Ceasars in February, it is one of the fInest places I have stayed. The location is right on the strip in Vegas and ideal for visiting the sites. The rooms are of the highest standard and very clean. On the downside some of the bars are pricey especially the one on the lobby. Restaurants offer a good price range from burgers to fine dining, check the menus first, we paid almost a hundred dollars for a steak. We booked through last minute. com and thought it was excellent value overall. There are cheaper places to stay but if you like some luxury as I do, this would be hard to beat.

• Stayed: February 2012