“The new Octavius Tower”

Caesars Palace
Ranked #30 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 June 2012

In a word it's overrated. The Octavius tower is the latest addition at Caesars. It's supposed to be a hotel within a hotel. Not so much. Service is LOUSY. Our two rooms weren't available for hours and despite the promise the front desk would call us on my cell, it never happened. We finally got into both of our rooms around 5:45pm. Ridiculous. Caesars doesn't charge a resort fee like other hotels--you're not saving yourself anything. Guests are nickled and dimed from the moment they walk in the door. The rooms themselves are large and well appointed but absolutely not better than anything at the Wynn, Encore or Bellagio. The only bonus to Caesars is the central location and it's pool complex which is spectacular.The lack of service from the front desk to the restaurants is beyond aggravating. Never again!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank MPudists
Write a ReviewReviews (30,195)

Reviewed 8 June 2012

I stayed in the Augustus towers and the room was very spacious and nice. Never saw the cleaning crew but my room was always well cleaned when I returned. I was there for a conference so I didn't have much time to check out the casino or pool. The location was great - pretty much in the middle of the strip which made it easy for me to get to a variety of different locations without much trouble

The front desk was very helpful and pleasant. There was an issue booking my room for the conference that resulted in me having a reservation for one room for 3 days and another room for 2 days. They were able to rework things so I could spend the entire stay in the same room. Also, when I left there were 3 mysterious charges for the minfridge on my bill. The front desk dropped the charges with no fuss. Its a little concerning that they were even on there as I never ate or drank anything from the minifridge but at least they removed them with no hassle.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Matt B
Reviewed 8 June 2012

We had the opportunity to stay at the Ceasars Palace in Las Vegas in May 2012 when my husband had to go there for a conference. The place is incredible and very beautiful. It, like many of the Vegas hotels, is HUGE. It would take us10 minutes to walk from the main entrance to our room, passing across the casino floor, of course. The room was spacious and comfortable. Beware! Don't even TOUCH the mini bar items or you will be charged (and a hefty fee, I might add) as there are sensors that feed straight into their billing computer.

The resort has everything you need there, so if you didn't want to leave their property it would be completely doable, but of course, you'll want to get out and see the sights. There is a mall connected to the resort and they have many upscale stores and the interior is finished very lavishly and looks like you're outside, but you remain comfortably in the A/C and away from the Vegas heat. They have a number of pools, but the main one is the prettiest. The food in the market area was fine, but overpriced. You can get a much better burger at Outback Steakhouse across the street for the same money and get waited on instead of standing in line.

When the weather is hot, you'll want some type of transportation to get where you're going. It looks like, "Oh, it's only 2 hotels down," BUT that is pretty far, probably 6-10 regular city blocks. If you want to get up and down the strip, check out the number of free shuttle monorails that they have - we used the ones that connect several hotels at a time (you have to walk through a hotel or on the street to the next shuttle), but we didn't try out the official "monorail" which runs the majority of the length of the strip. The city bus is also pretty good and you can get a day pass that will let you get on and off as many times as you like along the strip. If you are going somewhere, leave plenty of extra time to get there as the traffic is heavy, both vehicle and pedestrian.

Our biggest complaint? The smoke. They allow people to smoke just about anywhere in Vegas, so the only escape from it was basically our room on a non-smoking floor. Even outside it was more often in your face than not.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank jknechtly
Reviewed 7 June 2012

This Vegas trip was long overdue - I hadn't been back to viva Las Vegas in years. I have previously stayed at Mirage, Paris, Belaggio.
With our Harrahs card, and the comps and points we accrued from Atlantic City trips we got a nice little rate to stay in their brand new towers the Octavius Rooms. We decided on the week of Memorial Day, got the plane tix early and booked the room. We purposely booked 4 rather than 5 nites thinking we might change things up and decide to move for the last nite.
Well - everything was so incredibly perfect we did not want to leave. We wound up getting the last nite comped to us - not sure how because though we stayed there and loved it, we did the Vegas thing of trying a different casino every day - so I didn't drop a ton of money there at Caesar's (thought the cool thing is that when we went to Paris and Planet Hollywood, we could use the Harrahs reward card and still tie into the same account). The kind folks at reservations still did the free room for us in the same nice tower for the last night in Vegas- we didnt have to change rooms at all. I do love Harrah's customer service. And Caesar's LV obviously has it down too.
From the moment of our arrival Day 1 which was at 9am they treated us like a king and queen. Sean at the desk at Octavius Tower said that although the rooms on the higher floors weren't quite ready they'd call us on our cells when they were.(after all it was only 9am - we had an early flight in). We happily left luggage with the bellman and had breakfast and started gambling. We were just so thrilled to be there and we were happy we had such a nice, warm welcome ;-) That made the day get off to a great start.
I loved the layout of the casino and the property. I am confused by all the reviews of people saying they are lost. It's pretty simple once you have a property map (I used my iphone and downloaded the Caesar's app). Trust me, I get lost going around the corner yet I was fine here. The casino is divided into different sections all with a unique "flavor" and its simply beautiful with all the Roman statues and decor. The Forum Shops - what can I say? They even have a Sephora and Dior - be still my heart. Max Brenner's is a cool spot for brunch or lunch and easy on the budget.
The Caesar's restaurants are amazing - we loved Central which is right near check in, and guess what, yes another great server who loved his job. Just a common thread here. Do try the Empress (Asian) for a more gourmet upscale experience - we loved the starry ceiling and the eggplant melts in the mouth....MMM.
Everyone from the check in staff, to the concierge, to the cocktail staff were so nice. The operators were even super sweet for Goodness sake! No one ever ended a conversation without asking if there was anything else they could do for us, and then giving their names again and encouraging us to reach back out to them if needed.
Caesar's - you really have hired all the perfect staff. They are either super happy with their jobs or faking it really well. I don't know how you did it. We didn't encounter even one sourpuss.
The pools - we went only half of the days as my hubby got sunburned in that hot Vegas sun. But all the pools are stunning. The first few days they had an extra pool and jacuzzi open up a flight of stairs- and there were only a few of us up there even though the lower level pools were packed. We hung in the jacuzzi and made friends.
The room - sooo very nice. 550 feet so not enormous, but roomy and had a sofa seating area with a table. The bed was heavenly - great nite's sleep every single nite.
The spa jacuzzi in the bathroom was really powerful and large. I was surprised at the power of the jets and the cleanliness of the tub.
Room service was great - we only ordered one meal (dinner) in room service but the presentation and value were great and the waiter was excellent. You do need to watch the mini bar - $6 for a small Evian, but at least you have it if needed. All we used was the water. It's Vegas - there's food and drink everywhere so no need for the minibar except an emergency.
Housekeeping - we needed extra towels a few times and some additional shampoo and shower gel and they seemed to bring it within literally seconds. They also were great at leaving the rooms spotless. I left a few nice tips for them because I really valued the level of service I got. They did a few pretty things with my loose makeups - assembling them in a pretty style on the hand towel for example. Just superb to come back, sweaty and hot from the pool, and see your room looking even more pristine than you can imagine.
We cannot wait to come back, Caesar's - we are watching fares on Southwest and hope to be back in September for our anniversary. My husband can be a fussy traveler to please and he was as awed as I was.
Special shout out to Sean at the desk in Octavius. Thanks Sean, for the welcome and getting us a nice room.

Room Tip: Warning -- don't be cheap here as not all the towers are new or remodeled- even if you get compe...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Marcie B
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I stayed there with my boyfriend in May 2012 for Cinco De Mayo weekend. We stayed there on Wednesday and Thursday for free. in the Octavius Tower. We were impressed with the room and the service form the hotel staff. We are going back to stay in July for my Birthday for 3 nights Comp.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa758
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I travel quite often and do a lot of research before booking places. Vegas is not so easy and you really need to just try and see how you get on.
Firstly, booked a deluxe in Octavius tower as people say the new towers are better. Upon arrival the original girl at the desk saw it was my birthday and said, how about a complimentary upgrade.. nice start i thought. Then she gave us a room in the Palace tower, which is one of the older towers. I was dubious but thought maybe this is bigger and has a great view. I was wrong. Room was alright but looked no different from the octavius room only older! It did have a large hot tub in the bathroom and after 3 nights in Yosemite that's all I needed. Room seemed clean and not far from everything. the 2nd day there we went to use the big hot tub only to find green scum forming as soon as the jets were turned on. So bad that one wipe of a towel left a large dark green stain on it and the whole tub had a green scum ring around the top. We did not have time to wait at the line to talk to someone about it as had dinner and a show to catch.
Upon returning from show just after midnight I made complaint to the young guy at the desk and he laughed at me initially. Then picked up the phone and called someone and said to me "I've reported it to the maintenance team" and that was it... no apology or offer of new room. I was annoyed and tired so I thought I'd leave it til the next day.
Next day there was over 30 mins of a line to get to front desk and the floating staff wouldn't discuss room issues only send you email receipts.
The following morning of checkout I thought, I'm going to wait and give them a piece of my mind. I did so.. The desk attendant Fouad, didn't seem to care in the slightest. He said I should have requested a room change when it happened and there is nothing he can do about it. After seeing my annoyance then decided to give a $20 reduction on my room. At this stage I thought there is no point. They just don't care in Vegas and the best thing I could do is just let others know the deal so they don't get caught out.
The worst part of it all was after walking away and then going to use my total rewards card points to get some breakfast, I was told my card was now empty as the desk attendant had actually just used my points to give me that small reduction on my rate! What a joke.. Terrible service. Which is a pity as the complex on the whole is decent. Forum shops are good but anyone can go to them. The pool was not great and full of people drinking and smoking cigars in the pool.
Why pay over $250 a night for this kind of treatment when there are places like the tropicana for nearly $100 less that is just as nice and just newly refurbished?
If i was to pay that much again I'd pay slightly more and go with Bellagio.. Ceasars.. you disappointed me and I won't be returning or recommending you.. And I intend to go back to vegas very soon as I am just getting involved in a startup there. Using someones rewards points to pretend you are giving a discount is cheating. Bad Form!

Room Tip: Be wary of upgrade offers. Don't let them change you to the older towers as the hot tubs are not...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank ButteryBiscuitBase
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Stayed for the weekend, was given a room in the Roman Tower, felt like I was staying at a rundown Motel. I gave an average rating due to this Tower, I have heard the other Towers have gorgeous remodeled rooms. I was not fortunate enough, eventhough my reservations were made by a casino host. You would think that they would take care of their Diamond players. Other than my room, the hotel is a great property. Has everything you need.

Room Tip: Do not stay if you get the Roman Tower.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple