“Should Be Demolished ASAP”

Circus Circus Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
Ranked #124 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 21 April 2012

I live in Vegas and frequently have company visiting from out of town. Most like to stay on the Strip to get the full Vegas experience. My friends decided that the deal at Circus Circus was too good to pass up. I tried to warn them but the price won out. Needless to say when I arrived to their room to stop by and visit, they were LIVID!! The room was absolutely disgusting. The window, which had a gorgeous view of the parking lot also had bars on them and couldn't be opened, which they wanted open due to the room reeking of smoke and mold. The bathroom was a whole other story with a rusted out shower, complete with hairs everywhere. a wobbly toilet and dirty sink. The casino isn't much better, meaning it's old, smoky and dirty. And one would have to be a brave, brave soul to eat at one of the restaurants there. If you're coming to Vegas as a romantic getaway, stay away from Circus Circus. It's crawling with bratty kids with nonchalant parents. Do yourself a favor and if you're on a budget at least try The Stratosphere. So glad I was able to leave at the end of the day and felt bad knowing they had to sleep there. I warned em though. They've vowed to always take my advice from here on. Haha

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank LVGambler

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Our kids loved Circus Circus - the adventure dome, midway games, circus acts and pool - plenty to keep them entertained. (To the reviewer who came here for her honeymoon and complained about the kids running around - honestly are you serious? Do your research first. Circus Circus is not the place for quiet romance.) We had a rental car, so the hotel's location at the northern end of the strip was not a problem for us. Even without a car you can just hop on a Deuce bus for $7 a day to get up and down the strip without walkng.

When we arrived (about 5pm on a Sunday), valet parking and concierge were friendly and efficient. Check-in wait time was a reasonable 15 minutes.

I was happy with the price for the rooms - we had 2 interconnecting rooms for a total of $143 plus tax per night. I had originally booked the West Tower based on the good reviews here. Upon check-in though, we found out our rooms on the 12th floor (which I imagine would have had a fantastic view) had not yet been cleaned, so Michael the check-in guy gave us an "upgrade" to the new remodelled rooms in the Casino (Main) Tower. The "upgrade" turned out to be a view of a concrete wall and huge floodlights that were on all night and the light still shone through a bit even when the curtains were drawn. I was very disappointed with this, but for the little amount of time we planned to spend in our rooms it wasn't really worth complaining about. Regardless of the view, the quality of the rooms and beds was very good.

We had the buffet for dinner one night, which had a good selection but the quality of the food was average. For remaining lunches and dinners we found better ptions elsewhere. We ended up getting McDonalds (located in the midway games area) for breakfast and taking it back to our room. Surprisingly this McDonalds is quite reasonably priced for being located inside an MGM property, while the Subway in Slots-a-Fun next door is way overpriced compared to other Subways. There is also a mini-mart located near the Casino Tower lifts which we found very handy for miscellaneous items (including bananas and apples) and prices were reasonable.

Would we come back to Circus Circus? If we were on a tight budget, yes - and I would be more inclined to demand at check-in the rooms we originally reserved rather than rely on their definition of "upgrade". If we came back to Vegas with the kids on a more relaxed budget, I would choose either New York New York or Excalibur.

Room Tip: If staying in the Casino (Main) Tower, ask for a room higher than the 5th floor. Some of the rooms o...
1  Thank D0cBr0wn
Reviewed 20 April 2012

It was not my first (or even second or third choice) but it was the cheapest option I could find for a weekend.
We booked 2 rooms in the Skyrise tower.

Checking lines are long and very slow moving.
Very slow WiFi.
We did not use any amenities and only spent the nights there (but we were charged the resort fee).
Rooms are very basic and AC is very loud.
Walls are very thin – we had a big family with kids staying next door and had to listen to their screams for several hours.

Reviewed 20 April 2012

who takes kids to vegas many it seems and they all stay at this hotel. going for my sons 21st we were not happy to be surrounded by children everywhere. you could not even get in the pool. the hotel has just be revamped ? we saw none of this in our room it was very 1970s the walls in the corridors had holes in and rubble on the floor which was not moved for the 5 days we stayed.it was right at the end of the strip.we loved vegas but will be staying in an adult hotel next time so we can enjoy the sun and pool

Reviewed 20 April 2012

I stayed at Circus Circus on business for a convention. It served its purpose, but was adequate at best. The cost was reasonable, the room (in the West Tower) was large, clean and comfortable. It was also fairly close to the Convention Center and close enough to walk to the other major casinos.

That being said, the check-in line (at 11:00 p.m.) had about 40 to 50 people in it and took about 30 minutes. The internet service was horrible. It took serveral minutes to load pages. When I called late at night to see if there was a problem, the front desk response was that there was a convention in town and lots of people were probably using the service. The slow speeds were consistent throughout my stay, which made working in my room unproductive.

Other than the interior of my room (which was pretty nice), the hotel and casino just felt like a Motel 6, dated and unimpressive. I may stay again next year to save my company (a non-profit) money, but the inability to use the internet may not be worth it.

On a positive note for families, Circus Circus (as you would probably expect) has a lot of families with kids and seems to be more family friendly than a lot of the other hotels/casinos.

Room Tip: Stay in the West Tower. The room was large and fairly nice considering the rest of the hotel. It a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2012

Casino Resorts come and go, especially in Vegas. I've been expecting Circus Circus to go for many years so I thought I'd stay there for the first time ever since we were just overnighting in Vegas and I have stayed at most of the more recent hotels. I expected shabbiness and found wonders! What drew me here was the hotel's movie connection (it has, after all, a starring role in James Bond's Diamonds are Forever). It has changed a lot since then but is easily recognizable. Our room was stunning and our bell hop (Yohannes) informed us that this wing had been renovated just a few months before. All the amenities were there, the room was clean and tastefully decorated. The service was top notch and, after a mix-up with our room, Yohannes took care of us and even ran down to the front desk to get the keys to the new room for us so we wouldn't have to! The casino was vibrant and busy, and we got delicious frozen Pina Coladas with $5 refills. What a great stay! I will very likely stay there again on my next trip to LV. LOVED IT!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Don't go there!

Sorry but this was not a nice place to be, it was meant to be a family hotel but there is no way I would take my kids there. I didn't feel safe there, police in the corridors, suspicious looking bunches of male teenagers and a very nasty smell made for an unpleasant 2 night stay. I stayed there as a business trip in mid April and couldn't get out of there quick enough.

The room itself wasn't bad, quite modern decor - I had a 'suite' which was apparently one of the best rooms, unfortunately this didn't mean that the previous person staying in my room was respectable, they had urinated in the corner of the bedroom. Disgusting.

Breakfast was adequate, nothing to write home about, plenty of choice, but just as you would expect, low quality!

In short, avoid this place!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business