“Trip to Old Las Vegas”

Ranked #99 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Sherwood, Oregon
“Trip to Old Las Vegas”
Reviewed 25 March 2012

Fun, easy access to the Strip with all the newer Casinos but this feels good in "Old Town". Nice clean hotel, good gambling, lots of good shows around the Casino, Interesting and a good time. We traveled to Hoover Dam and had a good day there seeing the new Bridge over looking the dam. Nice short stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank robinsdl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (652)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
North Dakota
Reviewed 23 March 2012

As mentioned in other posts the smoke is pretty bad in all areas of the hotel and casino. Even though you don't see the smoke, its coming through the ventilation and each morning we woke with sore throats and stuffed up noses. Other than that, its outdated but functional. The staff we encountered were very friendly. If you want to go to Freemont street its a good location, but you'll need to deal with the smoke.

Room Tip: If you're on the Freemont side, it will be loud until 2am.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank emtff
New Hampshire
Reviewed 16 March 2012

I've stayed here 3 times now and it is consistently a great place to use as "home base" when visiting LV. 3 blocks from US 93/95 and a 10 minute drive to the south end of the "strip". Not overly fancy, and small enough that you don't need a map and compass to get around. I'm not a big gambler but enjoy video poker and $5 blackjack (6/5) and they actually had a non-smoking table open most evenings. The casino is not intimidating at all....Rooms are clean, beds good quality, and the dining at Magnolia's Veranda is excellent. Friendly staff and great service everywhere. My wife was skeptical the first time she accompanied me on a return trip but now agrees it is our destination of choice in LV. I am disabled and like the accessibility of a small hotel. We used to stay at the LV Hilton but as the rates have crept up, we won't be going back. Fremont St and several other casinos are right outside the door - the Golden Nugget is next door and Binion's is across Fremont St.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank ERMESR
Huntingtown, Maryland, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2012

This hotel smells like smoke in the parking lot, let alone the hotel or the casino. This is an aged, dirty, disgusting place, and is not worth the price. The room has old decor, carpeting, etc., with a running (not leaking) tub that made loud noises in the night. Toilet was cracked, and the bed was lumpy and uneven. Pay a little more and stay on the strip or the Golden Nugget.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
8 Thank DeanG697

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Wichita KS
Reviewed 13 March 2012

This is the third time that we have stayed at the Four Queens. If you are looking for a bargain hotel, in a great location away from the overpriced, overrated strip, then the Queens, in fabulous downtown Vegas, is the place to stay. We purchased our hotel/air package through Allegiant.

I agree with other reviewers that the front desk staff needs some lessons in greeting folks. While they are efficient, they aren't particularly cheerful or welcoming. They are the first impression that guests receive of the hotel and you should feel like they are "glad that you are here".

Our room was in the south tower. While the decor is a little shopworn, we found the room to be exceptionally clean. The amenities in the bathroom were bar soap, shampoo and lotion. Yes, there is a 4-cup coffee maker and coffee in the room. Not a great cup of coffee, but it does indeed provide that initial jolt of caffeine to start the day out right. We were pleased. I would suggest using bottled water and bring quality coffee from home to enhance your cup of joe!

We always feel that leaving a couple of dollars a day for housekeeping is very appreciated by the staff. They thanked us when they saw us and once left a nice note of thanks. These folks work hard and I can burn a couple of dollars in slots in a matter of seconds, so do tip!

Our bed was very comfortable, the sheets were clean and the pillows also comfortable. Wi-fi is available at a charge. We stayed on the 16th floor and, although we didn't mind, to get ice we had to go either up or down two floors. We never had to wait long for an elevator.

We've always enjoyed the casino. In fact, it's my favorite place to play video poker! I've always come out either ahead or broke even. The cocktail waitresses come by often and are very friendly. Security saw a guy talking to me at one of the machines and approached to make sure everything was okay. I think he was a panhandler and he saw them coming, so he left. Kudos to security!

We ate at the Magnolia Cafe a couple of times and on preceding stays. The food is quite good. Look for their specials requiring your player's card. Some good values are there. My husband had a ham steak breakfast for $6.99. It was a huge ham steak, bread, hash browns and eggs; and hubby said it was wonderful! If you go during prime meal times, expect a longer wait to be seated.

If you want super-fancy accommodations, stay at the Nugget, but if you want a reasonable place to stay at a great value, stay at the Four Queens. We will be back!

Room Tip: Enjoy the Four Queens Casino!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sarvin4
Hamburg, New York
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed at the Four Queens again this year in February. It's our second time staying there. We think it's a great price for a great place!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank noble3771
Prince George, VA
Reviewed 9 March 2012

I stayed at the Four Queens in Nov 2011, Jan 2012 & just returned from another short trip a couple of days ago. In Nov I stayed in the North tower which is usually fine for me, but this time I darn near roasted because I couldn't turn down the heat, I finally had to open the window so I could get some cool air. So for my two recent trips I stayed in the South tower and was much more comfortable (HVAC wise).

The 4Q is one of the few hotels that still has coffee pots in their rooms. 4 cup pots are in the South tower and coffee is provided but the North tower rooms have Keurig pod brewers and you have to buy your own coffee. I always bring my own coffee so that's no big deal, I'm just happy to have the ability to make my own coffee and not have to head downstairs for a cup.

I'm no kid and am well beyond my club years so I prefer downtown Vegas over the strip. I go to Vegas to gamble and drink (in moderation of course). It's a fun area for me. The 4Q is not fancy; but it does provide inexpensive lodging, has comfortable beds and clean rooms. Oh yes, the bathroom is small, but unless you are going to invite your friends to have a party there you should find the facilities adequate.

I go to Vegas often and occasionally try other hotels but I always return to the Four Queens.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo