“Gold Coast -Room 958 - 5/6 to 5/8/12”

Gold Coast Hotel and Casino
Ranked #76 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
virginia
“Gold Coast –Room 958 – 5/6 to 5/8/12”
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Background – 4th time staying at the Gold Coast, 2 nights comped

25th trip to Vegas, previously stayed at Encore, Mirage, TI, MGM, Bally’s, South Point and Gold Coast

Check in – Arrive around Noon and received a renovated room. The room was very nice, but I found the coffee maker in the bathroom strange. No tub, just a shower which is fine with me.

Player Club promotions: make sure you swipe your card daily at the players club Kiosk to see if you have any deals. Monday’s are Senior Days at the GC, if you spend $10 playing slots you will receive 1 buffet at 50% off.

Casino – I tend to win at the Gold Coast. I won $185.00 playing 30 cents on a Mayan Gold slot machine. The casino is quiet compared to The Orleans and has an older crowd. You will see a lot of seniors and locals.

Shuttle – Free shuttle to Bill’s Gamblin hall which is located mid strip across from the Bellagio and also stops at the Orleans Casino. Runs from 9 am to 12:30 am

Food – no food court, but the buffet is very cheap so I ate there a lot. There are 2 restaurants that I didn’t try but seemed very popular.

Pool – The tiniest pool I have ever seen in Vegas. I think they might have 50 chairs and the pool is not much bigger than a residential pool.

I stayed 5 nights at the Orleans and my last 2 night at the GC. The Orleans is also is on the free shuttle route so make sure you check this casino out too.

TIPS –The Palms is located across the street which is an easy walk. The Rio is 5 minutes away; walk thru the GC parking garage then cross one street to reach the Rio. The Rio also has free shuttles to the Strip.

Staff – everyone is very professional and very helpful.

This is a clean and very calm casino compared to the Orleans or most strip casinos. The staff is very friendly. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
9 Thank myinfo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
Roy, Utah
Reviewed 10 May 2012

Although most of the travelers to Las Vegas were for gambling or sight seeing, mine was to enjoy two days of golf in Vegas. When I read the reviews of this hotel, I thought it'd be a great place to stay. The room itself was clean, pillows and terry were great, but bathroom in my room was too small. There was not enough lighting in the room; I had to step into the bathtub just to close the door to use the bathroom, and it felt cramped. On top of that, I was given a room at the end of the hallway. If I had to spend more nights here, I may have chosen elsewhere, but for a nights rest, it wasn't too bad. There was limited TV channels, which could be improved, although I know most travelers aren't in their rooms, but after 36 holes of golf, resting in the room was the more logical choice. I would give it another try and hope that it can possibly be better.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank TMYaaj
Colorado
Reviewed 8 May 2012

I looked up many hotels before we left for our trip, we found this one appealing because it was off strip, shuttle service, newly renovated room(which I booked) and the price per night was so cheap! When we got off our plane it was almost midnight and we were so exhausted and ready to get in the room. BUT when we got there this room was so unclean and not what the pictures depicted on here! I understood this wasnt a 5 star hotel but the room looked like it hadnt even been cleaned but the beds made. Finger prints and smudges on all the mirrors, the little table by the window wasnt wiped off since the last person set their sticky glass there, the hotel directory and all those extra papers were just pushed back on the dresser which was not where they shouldve been, and the grout in the shower floor tiles were gross looking. We ended up just getting in the bed and going to sleep, but planning to make other reservations somewhere else. The next morning we were just really unhappy about this room not to mention, in the shower there was no shower door which was I guess the modern renovation "look"; but it was a dumb idea because when we were all finished showering the entire floor outside the shower was covered in water, we had to use all the towels we had to wipe it all up. Also we turned on the air; all of a sudden our room smelled like dirty feet coming out of it. So we obviously we were not happy and called the front desk. They moved us to another room and when we walked into this room the floor was vaccumed which the other room did not look like, everything was in its correct place and much cleaner, I'm not really sure why the other room didnt look like this. Overall we wished it was like this when we first got here and we wouldnt have made reservations somewhere else. We did like how close it was to the strip and the shuttle was good. We also liked how cheap the buffet was too. We will reconsider coming here again just because the service was pretty good, BUT I will def be asking for a clean room over the phone.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank victoriaboo24
fort mohave, az
Reviewed 7 May 2012

our room was clean and well worth the money they have a shuttle to the strip every half hour until 12 am . pillows were a bit hard more like toss pillows but everything else was fine. would visit again.

Room Tip: monday night is senior night at buffets if you join there slot club it is 1/2 price. there was no...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank treker10
Vancouver
Reviewed 6 May 2012

We have now stayed 5 times here, the rooms are basic but well kept and clean. The air quality has improved since our last visit (Oct11). The hotel supply a shuttle to the strip that runs frequently. The buffet is cheap and very good.

Room Tip: My wife requires a quiet room, high up, facing the parking lot worked well
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BriC
Massachusetts
Reviewed 4 May 2012

We wish hotels would just include resort fees in the room rate. At least fee at this property was reasonable at around $4.
Our room was very clean, large and comfortable and had a flat panel tv. We thought hotel security was visible and efficient.
The hotel's proximity to the Rio made it easy to go over to watch their shows.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gailmath
Redondo Beach, California
Reviewed 3 May 2012

The rooms have been remodeled. Years ago it was nice, then it got old, now the rooms are nicer again...kind of like a boutique hotel look inside the rooms. If you get this room when they are cheap you will be happy. The casino itself is old looking, smoky, needs better ventilation, and the buffet was for people who would eat anything. The TGIF's inside was ok. The Valets are really good. Good enough, I do recommend if you are just in town for convention and not looking for the glamorous Vegas experience.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business