Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino
Trump International Hotel Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$116
US$319
Aria.com
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$99
Mirage.com
US$79
US$71
US$135
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$185
US$179
Bellagio.com
  • Restaurant
Paris Las Vegas(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$68
  • Pool
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$218
US$189
Orbitz.com
11,622 results
All reviewsrush towercarson towershark tankgold towerfremont streetchart houseclaim jumperstay downtownred sushigold club roomfremont experiencedowntown vegaslight showk cupsold vegaspool areacoupon book
Reviewed January 23, 2013

The hotel, overall, is pretty nice. We stayed in a Rush Tower room. Nice decor, flat screen tv, dual sinks and nice big shower, lots of drawers to store clothes and big closet, robes, makeup mirror in bathroom. Problems with the room: too dark! One night I was groping for my clothes in the drawers because it was just too dark to see. The bathroom had the only decent light in the room. There is one big lamp in the corner of the room that is adjustable (we had it on the brightest) but it only lights up the couch. There are a few small recessed lights on the dresser/desk area and two small reading lights next to the bed.

The other problem is the sharp corners everywhere! Sharp corners on the nightstands and sharp wood corners on the bed. I banged my shin into the corner of the bed twice, once causing the skin to break. If you stay in a Rush Tower room, careful with the corners.

Also, one of the sinks had a sewer smell. I didn't call maintenance because we were only there a very short time and didn't want to have to worry about maintenance coming by. There was no survey to fill out so I didn't mention it to anyone.

The shower had very low water pressure and it took forever to get the temperature adjusted to something that was comfortable.

We ate at the Grotto twice because the food and service was so good. We sat in the area next to the pool and shark tank.

We had drinks at the Chart House bar which has a huge saltwater tank behind the bar. It was nice to sit and watch the fish.

Overall, I would stay at the Golden Nugget again but would probably bring a flashlight or something so I could see! There was a little noise from the Fremont Street Experience but not too bad. We were on the 21st floor.

Room Tip: Higher rooms away from Fremont St. Experience are quieter.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MrsHumuhumu
Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a very well maintained property on the old strip. Check in could have been better because nobody offered to take our bags to room or even open the door as we entered. It seems the bellmen would rather talk amongst themselves than actually do their job. The room was very spacious and clean. We had a decent view of Fremont street from our room. The old strip has more character than the new and is more fun. Everything is close by and no traffic to worry about. If interested in having a good time in old Vegas, definitely consider staying at this hotel for the night. It is very reasonably priced for what you get.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Six dollar service fee for the front desk staff to receive a Fed Ex envelope, even for VIP members is highway robbery if you ask me!

Nice location off the strip but why should it cost anything to receive an envelope, that should be an included guest service.

• Stayed: January 2013
5  Thank James R
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Please do not waste your money. Me and my wife live here and have kids and seldom get a break. But Freemont Street is a experience but my last two stays I would like to share. My last stay at 4am as I had to work the next day I ordered Breakfast from their 24hour menu. Which was soup and a quesadilla. Took two hours. Told host not much a apology. This time I had things stolen from Car in Valet by a Valet person. Also wanted a players card but after 11pm you can't get one unless getting from Pit boss which at time we had forgot but that means no promotional spin to get a few bucks In free play as I needed a new card for a new player. Also after identifying everything I got to speak with someone who called herself Hillary I believe and said she was the hotel manager. Not hey I'm sorry can I do anything for you lol. Just here's security and after talking with them to recap with the manager she again not even we are sorry nothing. I left phone saying. (Wow you don't care) look there are Many free things you can get in Vegas. But with all the hotels I've ever stayed in and Vegas this is far the poorest customer experiences I've ever had me or my family. An apology or some type of sympathy would've been enough but nothing was done and there is better and cheaper next door or on the strip. Take a tip don't stay there or only have $2 for the valet guy. Make sure you hit the ATM first or they will hit you last!

• Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank Mardigrasrex
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Neither of us are really into gambling or shows, so this location was ideal.
We spent the first night on fremont.
The next day we bought transit passes right around the corner, and spent the day on the strip.
Third day we went for the full on gangster exoerience. We shot guns at discount firearms, then hung out downtown: Triple George Grill, the Mob Museum, and the Mob bar.
Day 4 we went sightseeing. We rented a car from the super convienient Budget desk inside our hotel and checked out Red Rock Canyon as well as the Hoover Dam.

The Nugget isn't the fanciest hotel in vegas, but it has character, (which I prefer), lower prices than the strip, and a far better location.
I highly recommend to anyone looking for a well rounded adventure!

4  Thank pdotshmedot