“Great stay.. But the charges...”

Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas
Ranked #79 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This was our first time staying at the HRH it was great. Our room was amazing and the bed was so comfy. We booked it as a package and thou the rest of the package sucked, our hotel was the high light. They do have a shuttel to take you to the strip but it only runs once an hour and only 10-5. The food choices aren't that great, high price but not great food. So eat on the strip. I'm currenly fighting a charge they seemed to have charged me twice for my "room charges" and I'm fighting it...I hope to get a call soon....

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (8,862)

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I like to visit the Hard Rock just to watch the kids get stupid drunk. Me, I like to gamble there and look at the memorabilia on the wall, have a cocktail at the round bar in the middle and then go back to my hotel at Bellagio. The blackjack dealers are very friendly and the cocktail waitresses are all stuck up snobs...but who cares. After you have seen Janis Joplin's panties, head elsewhere.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We stayed @ the HRH from 3/26 - 3/28/2012. While shopping for deals on Hotels in the area, we were leaning towards this one as we're both die-hard music fans and have been to a few other Hard Rock locations already. Any of their locations are great places to visit for any fan of music and related memorabilia. We were further lured to the HRH when an unbeatable deal on the nightly rate popped up online (I think we found it through Trip Advisor actually). The deal also included a free bottle of hooch, but the rate was enough to get us there.

We stayed in the newer HRH tower on the fifth floor. Most of our views unfortunately were of the on-site parking garage, but had decent enough viewing of the strip to see it almost entirely end-to-end with almost no other buildings in the way. The room was clean and tastefully decorated for music fans. We actually had a 4-piece mural of Sid Viscious of the Sex Pistols in our "living room" which was neat. The room had a built in dock for an iPod or iPhone that connected to various speakers so we could play whatever music we had on us. No fridge n the room, but plenty of ice in the machine down the hall. It was pretty quiet, we didn't have any complaints about noisy neighbors. Maybe it was because we we there mid-week?

The hotel's pool area was more of a beach, with sand and all. Pretty busy spot for most of the guests. Mostly the younger crowd.

We ate at the Pink Taco and Mr. Lucky's. The Pink Taco was great mexican food, and we highly recommend it. We cleaned our plates. Mr. Lucky's was ok. Nothing on the menu stood as a "must try out" so we settled on some salads. They were as good as salads can get I suppose. I'm sure their food looks better with a buzz on @ 2 in the morning ;) We also had room service pretty much every night from the hotel's kitchen, and EVERYTHING we ordered was delicious, and reasonably priced as far as late-night eats go in Vegas hotels.

They have pretty much all the gambling plugs that all the other hotels have. We left in the plus on playing slot machines AND Texas Hold'em Poker. In fact, I did well enough in the 2-3 hour poker tournament I signed up for to completely cover the hotel charge and a car rental to drive to Phoenix! Lucky lucky!

I guess my ONLY complaint, and the only reason I couldn't give 5-stars for this hotel, is not necessarily the distance from the strip, but the lack of provided transportation to both the strip and McCarren airport. No scheduled or rotating shuttles or buses for either. The walk to the strip (which we did every day) was probably 1.5 to 2 miles. I could see that seeming much longer on hotter days, but lucky for us, it stayed between 70 - 80 every day.

Also a big thanks to their security for FedEx-ing a jacket I had left behind in my rooms closet. It was sent back home in Maine very quick. Almost too quick as the charge was almost $30. But I got my jacket back, so whatever (:

I left "Average" reviews for the categories below for Breakfast and Spa as we didn't try or use either.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My husband I stayed here over spring break from Tuesday thru Friday. We had a blast! The restaurants at the hotel are awesome! Pink Taco is expensive but well worth it. The casino is not very big, so you can get bored within a couple of hours. It is very dark in the casino. They have dancers on poles in the middle of the casino by the cards. Getting a drink from a waitress can take at least 10 minutes even with great tips. Front desk is another story. IF YOU PAY THRU A TRAVEL AGENT OR A SITE SUCH AS BOOKIT, EXPEDIA, ETC., REMEMBER YOUR ITINERARY WITH ALL INFORMATION MARKED AS PAID. You will thank me later for this. Also, if you receive an upgrade thru the site you booked, make sure you mention this. Also, ask for the free bottle of booze if included. Remember also you will have a resort fee charged of around $20.00 per day. Do not be alarmed! Ok, room. We booked a mountainview room, and was only upgraded to a pool view room. Big deal....It was dirty and I felt the place could have been kept up more. You will also see a mini fridge and if you move anything in there, you will be charged. DONT TOUCH! We were on the 11th floor and you will hear the music from the pool the whole day and night. If you plan on going down to the strip, take the free shuttle in the morning and pay for a cab ride home, since the shuttle is only from 10 am to 5pm. Cabs are around 10-15 dollars to the strip. I will definitely not stay here again and look forward to staying on the strip as it is close to all the action and I definitely want a cleaner, kept up room!

Reviewed 9 April 2012

I've been twice to the Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas, the first time I've stayed in a regular room and it was ok, nothing special but nothing to complain.

In my second time, I stayed at the HRH Suites. The rate was around $100, and the room was amazing. Clean, big, and with a few nice views of the Strip.

The only problem with this hotel is the location. Is a little bit further away from the main center of the Strip, but you can still go there walking (15 min).

Nice hotel, I totally recommend it to young groups of friends. The disco is good and the casino is the best for young people.

Room Tip: If you eat in the restaurants inside the resort, ask for a free entrance in the club.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 April 2012

was married in vegas stayed april 1st to the 6th, arrived 9am so knew we would have to wait for room, so checked in dropped our bags at bell desk, ate at pink taco and played in casino until room ready, check-in staff was excellent in giving us a room that i requested so had no problem tipping him 20 bucks cause we were not charged for an upgrade! hrh tower room was excellent! corner suite 10th floor, had a nice strip view as well as view of the pool, requested a room with kiss decor, my husband a fan so that was a wonderful surprise for him! bed super comfortable, loved the bathroom with large rainshower and huge tub for bubble bathes! room was very clean, have read in previous reviews regarding furniture dusty, well hello if you have black furniture and you dust it , it will usually show more dust withen the hour! did not use anything from fridge/mini bar but it was nice to have it available just in case. my sister had a room at Bellagio overlooking fountains, she agreed ours was nicer, especially having the seating area! and they payed much more as well, they will be staying at hrh on their next trip to vegas! went to salon before wedding and had mani, pedi, hair and make-up done was very pleased great price as well! used gift certificates from restaurants.com for 35 martinis, pink taco, johnny smalls and mr. lucky's was pleased with all the restaurants had very good service every time. when shuttle was full took cab to strip pretty cheap under 10 dollars, when we did take shuttle we tipped 10 anyway! walked back one day it was a beuitiful day took 15 mins. only. we liked that the hrh was off strip it was nice to get out of the hustle and bustle at the end of the day! we are early 40's and had no problem with younger crowd at hrh, we enjoyed the music throughout hotel better than others actually, husband said he would never get a tatto, but it was his idea to get our ring fingers done, so we went to huntington tattoo company located in hrh, our plane was leaving in a couple hours, courtney at front was very sweet in helping us get squeezed in and blanco was amazing a true professional in his work! didnt have time to use pool between, wedding, skydiving, grand canyon heli tour and shows, but will definitally return so maybe next time, have stayed at bigger strip hotels as well as nugget downtown but hrh will be the spot for us on future trips! witnessed some gals basically being dumped at hotel by some guy in a truck one night he basically pulled up and shoved them out 2 out of his truck,2 of the three went down on the pavement! ouch! they were very intoxicated, the doormen and security were awesome in dealing with the girls and helping them get to check-in, they assured them no problem, your fine, we will take care of you! even got one a wheelchair! the only negative thing i would say about the hotel was the bartenders were never very friendly, the cocktail servers were always nice when they did come around, it was annoying at times to have to leave your machine to get a drink, we tipped well 2 to 5 dollars each time, didnt expect freebies just wanted served more often! would be nice if shuttle ran more often and later too, yes there is a 20 dollar per day resort fee but most hotels are doing that now, so just budget it in. We had a great time at hrh machines let us play alot no big wins but didnt lose alot of $$ either. Thank-You HRH! we will be back!

Room Tip: corner suites are larger, and at end of hall so quiter, dont get hallway noise, we stayed 10th floor...
3  Thank CAROLYN C
Reviewed 8 April 2012

This is a great place to visit, but a terrible place to stay. A thin door separates guest rooms from suites with pool tables and loud sound systems. The response from the reservation desk? "We have worse rooms. Maybe the people in the suite will stop playing pool eventually." Like me, if you had a great experience at the bars or restaurants downstairs, you figure staying there will be just as pleasant. Not quite. It's certainly not the fault of the people in the suite. They are paying for the amenities and should be able to use them. If you are not staying at the Hard Rock, you will probably enjoy the rest of the property.

Room Tip: Unless you book a suite, don't stay here. You will find the quality of your stay will largely de...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo