Stayed at the Hard Rock Wednesday through Saturday in April, 2012. Had two rooms for my party, both with mountain view.
ROOMS. Pretty good size, clean with nice interior. The bathroom was also spacious and clean, although I wish they provided more towels and shampoo. No coffee makers. Many reviewers complained about the noise, but I didn't notice it at all. Mountain view side was very quiet.
LOCATION. The hotel is about 10-15 min walk from the strip. We walked a few times and took a cab a few times which was around $10. Hotel is very close to the airport, so again I would recommend taking cab for around $14 with tip vs. shuttle for $6.50 per person which stops at every hotel. Hotel has complimentary shuttle to the strip every hour until 5pm - drop off is at the Fashion Shops Mall.
AMENITIES. Lots of restaurants - would recommend Mr Lucky for breakfast, great and very fast service and good breakfast / brunch food, they are open at night as well. Starbucks is open early / late and has excellent selection. Pool is great with sand - bring your swimsuit if it's warm. They have parties on the weekends. Bars, casino, show tickets in the lobby.
ISSUES. This is why I am giving this hotel a low rating...
1) Our 2 reservations were made completely separately through Hotels.com, yet both got "lost" when we got there. We had to spend literally 30 min on the phone with the hotels.com agent while he was faxing and re-faxing confirmation. Finally turned out the hotel fax was jammed and the person checking didn't bother fixing it until someone else came to help.
2) Free bottle of alcohol that came with the reservation promotion required a voucher which couldn't be issues right away because of mix up with lost reservation. You would think they would deliver it to the room - they didn't. I've asked the concierge and she pointed me to the front desk which had about 20 people waiting in line. I asked the next day and after much arguing received the voucher which had to be used at a bar that closes at 5pm - we were leaving next morning, so we never received the bottle.
3) If you are making reservation through 3rd party (expedia, travelocity etc.) watch out for the "resort fee", it gets charged separately, about $20 per night. Not optional.
4) Internet was supposed to be complimentary but never worked for me, it took me to the page asking for credit card info. At that point I spent so much time dealing with front desk, I didn't want to bother.
5) On the last day we got a message inviting us to a Saturday night party - they didn't even bother to check when we were leaving!!!
I paid full price for this hotel and was disappointed with all the problems that came up during our short stay. Personally I think it was overpriced, so would only recommend it if you get a deeply discounted rate like Groupon or another special. If you are booking through 3rd party, make sure to call ahead of time and ensure they have your reservation, otherwise they run out of rooms on the weekends and you may end up having to stay some place else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is Las Vegas’ off-Strip playground, just minutes from McCarran International Airport. Mixing rock ‘n’ roll with class and sophistication, Hard Rock Hotel offers an energetic entertainment and gaming experience. The property is known for its innovative music scene where acts such as The Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, Paul McCartney, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails and The Killers have all performed. Hard Rock Hotel has 1,500 fully modern, state-of-the-art rooms with all of the services and amenities of larger casino hotels, while still preserving an intimate and exclusive environment with unique advantages such as its world-class pools and comfortable boutique feel. Hard Rock Hotel & Casino is the premier destination entertainment resort, located on 26 acres on Harmon Avenue. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelsClick so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel and Casino Las Vegas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hard Rock Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Hard Rock Hotel Casino
- Hard Rock Cafe Las Vegas
- Hard Rock Hotel Las Vegas