“Seriously, anyone actually LIKES this place?”

Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #122 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Tallinn, Estonia
“Seriously, anyone actually LIKES this place?”
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Okay, "this is Vegas, baby" and all that - but what a horrid, smelly, old, worn-down, crass, cheap, smokey, tacky, gauche place this is! And no, not the poor sad chain-smoking pensioneers lustlessy operating the gambling PC's in the casino part are the problem, nor the spring break attitude - I do mean the hotel, where we stayed for a convention.

I had an upscale room with a nice view to the Strip, but all rooms except a few suites have low ceilings, all carpets and doors are worn down and dirty, there were very few amenities, the furniture had seen much better days (new TV but who needs that, but a nice new bed), very dirty windows, previous guests' debris under the couch (not much, but come on...). Why stay here if one can get deals at, say, the Bellagio?

The food in the food court etc. is unspeakably bad and expensive; for the express line for the Breeze café for lunch, one needs to pay an extra $5 - the entire idea of the house is to take advantage of tourists and not to provide decent service in its segment. It's exploitation pure and simple, and just no fun at all. No meeting place except a smoky bar, no decent restaurant, no café at all.

Okay, much of what is wrong with the Flamingo is wrong with Vegas, so if one comes here voluntarily, one might have to live with that. But there are actually hotels on the strip which are not (much) more expensive and which deliver normal, clean rooms to guests who want to sleep there etc. The Flamingo is rock bottom and only interesting for sociological or anthropological studies.

That said, some of the reception staff was very friendly (the general staff attitude is terrible); again, the bed was good; the location is central. But overall, never ever again! Fortunately, what happens in Vegas... well you know that one. :-)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Aethelred

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7,915)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Minneapolis
Reviewed 8 March 2012

My wife and I stayed in a Go-Room March 7-11. This is the second time I've stayed in a Go Room and it is one of the nicest rooms I've had. The Bed is super comfortable, the shower has good pressure, and the decour is absolutely fabulous. We are not fussy people but it is nice to get a decent room as sometimes the room sets the mood for the trip. We stayed on the 24th floor and never really had to wait for an elevator. I must add that our view was directly across the street from Ceaser's Palace and a couple of times we just sat in front of the window and enjoyed the strip view. The Go Room also includes a coffee maker, fridge, and robes.We visit Vegas at least four times a year and we are never really dissatisfied with any of rooms. We always stay at A Harrah's property. Our room was comped but don't be afraid to pay a little extra to up-grade to a Go Room.

Room Tip: Have fun enjoy and remember you are in Vegas.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Twins1977
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I know-you'll say bitter gambler. didn't lose a dime at Flamingo. I promoted this dump to many of my friends. Tricks on me! what a dump. Super 8 with a casino. I have to say-horrible in every way possible! I'm sorry if you stayed in this pit.

Room Tip: Cheapest renovation I have ever seen. Crap room. leaky toilet. loud room. nice work outside. Ne...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed 7 March 2012

First trip to Vegas and didn't want to spend all our money for a room that we didn't plan on being in a lot. For the reasonable price we got through Vegas.com; our "deluxe go room" at the Flamingo provided us with a wonderful view, great location on the strip and a comfortable room that was all we needed. We didn't need a fancy, over the top decorated room - what we wanted was a clean, fun, safe place to stay and you'll find that at the Flamingo!! Great choice for us and we'll definitely stay there on our next trip to Vegas!

Room Tip: We had a room on the side (Flamingo Road) on the 19th floor - wonderful view of the Bellagio fountai...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jerri L
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 7 March 2012

My Husband and I stayed in the Go room with view for 4 nights in January. We were on the 27th floor in a room facing Bally's/Bellagio. We loved being able to see out the windows without the Donny and Marie wrap.

Our room was clean and the bed was very comfortable. No issues with housekeeping.

We enjoyed using the touch screens in the lobby for discounts on food and shopping. We received buy one get one free buffet, buy one get one at the Burger Joint (now closed) and the same at Breeze Cafe.

Overall another good time at the Flamingo!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Go Room if possible.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dunkindonut0512
Oxnard, California
Reviewed 6 March 2012

Staff very helpful !!
Tv's in bathrooms Rock !!
U are always getting ready to go out again !!!
Easy trip to and from airport a deal at 7.00$$
And it is one the few places we found outside benches u could sit and enjoy
With out eating or gambling !!!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank PCYC869
Long Branch, New Jersey
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I’ve been coming to Vegas twice a year for a while now and it’s the Fabulous Flamingo for me every time. My most recent stay was in one of the newly renovated Fab Luxury rooms on the 26th floor. The room was clean and well-appointed and what a view. The bathroom however did need some work – very clean but in need of a face-lift. (The Go rooms are much nicer) Maid service was exceptional; my room was made up by the time I got back from breakfast every morning.
This is an older Hotel but well kept. Check-in can be long but if you are a Total Rewards card holder, you can step right up and get served quickly. The location of the Flamingo can’t be beat – smack dab in the middle of everything. I can’t comment on the food, I only used the Buffet for breakfast and it surely fit the bill for me.
I have never had a problem with service – the staff has always been attentive and extremely polite, I have always felt comfortable and safe. After reading some of the reviews posted I’m a bit confused, the Flamingo is not the Bellagio or the Cosmopolitan - it is a grand old hotel. I think Bugsy would be proud.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo