“Major upgrades in progress”

Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino
Ranked #120 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Missouri City, Texas
“Major upgrades in progress”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

This is the fourth or fifth year in a row I've stayed here, and the changes that began a few years ago are really starting to come together. I come here on business and I come here for a couple of weeks at a time, so I can't always afford the upgrade to the "Go!" or "Fab" rooms. I have stayed in the "Go!" rooms and recommend them. The Fab rooms look like they are awesome. But even the standard room I'm in now is nice. The carpet is in great shape, the furniture is nice, and the bed comfortable. I played in the new Margaritaville Casino and had a great time. The pool has always been one of the best in Vegas with the landscaping and waterfalls, but the change they made last year moving the "Go!" adults only pool to the main area and moving the families up to the garden pool made the main pool even better for me. They had a great DJ who brought a nightclub feel to the pool without being obnoxious, and it's easy to spend all day by the pool without being bored. The casino has more energy at night than it used to. The stodgy old steakhouse (and some dead hallway space) is now the Margaritaville casino. Part of the sports book that was always dead is becoming Carlos & Charlie's (not open yet, but it looks close.) The trainwreck that was the Burger Joint is now a hip looking steakhouse. The spa area appears to be roped off for remodeling, too. If you're old and hate change, you'll probably hate what's going on here, but the stodgy old Flamingo is becoming modern and I like it. I hope the prices stay reasonable when they finish.

Room Tip: Even if you don't play, sign up for a Total Rewards card. With it, I was able to skip the check...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank MrSnarkyPants

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7,729)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Redford, Michigan
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Casino is nice, drink servie average, Comps good, rooms look nice, however stayed in the refurb room and he hard wood floors are very slippery. Have a toothe pushed in my mouth where it was not before. Also they are doing work on o sheas which make for an early morning

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank sped01
Cairns, Australia
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We just spent 4 nights in a GO Room with Strip Review. We asked for a room with a view of the Bellagio Fountain and we were given room no. 21046 which has 2 queen beds (we are a family of 4). The GO room was great just as other posters had suggested. The pink & green lighting in the bathroom was a nice touch and complemented the Flamingo theme! The only drawback to our room was the inabililty to lock the bathroom door as it was a glass frosted sliding door locked into position by a magnet.

The room also had a separate shower and bath and a TV built into the mirror which our kids loved.

This was our first stay at the Flamingo and we would definately stay here again (in a GO room!).

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Bellagio Fountains
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Disney2007
Los Angeles
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I stayed at the Flamingo the weekend of April 6-8th 2012 for a bachelor party. I was not impressed with the hotel choice since it is a little run down but decided to stay there since everyone wanted to save a little money. This experience has only solidified the concept of you get what you pay for.

On Saturday April 7th the group had plans to dress up for dinner and drinks so I contacted the bell desk about having a suit pressed. We were informed that if it was picked up from our room before 9am it would be dropped back off between 6-9pm. We went up to our room filled out the dry cleaning form, put our clothes into the laundry bag and called the bell desk for pick up. This is where I made my biggest mistake, I decided to have a PRADA suit pressed by the Flamingo. My friend was having Calvin Klein dress pants and a button down shirt dry cleaned as well.

The bell desk sent up someone to our room and picked up our dry cleaning. Around 5pm we went to the bell desk to pay for the dry cleaning. We did not put a credit card on file that was approved for extra room charges so we wanted to pay for the dry cleaning charges. This is where we discovered that our room number had been written incorrectly on our slip. The number written on our slip was 2094 (that room number does not exist) and we were staying in room 24094. The dry cleaning slip is a carbon copy receipt with a white, pink and yellow copy. You take the pink, and you put the the other copies in the bag. We had the pink copy, the bell desk had the white copy (which had our correct room number scribbled on it, meaning someone had figured out what the correct room was) and I assume the yellow copy was with the clothes. He said earlier they had not know what room the clothes belonged to and he was having a hard time locating the dry cleaning order.

This is why this situation is frustrating:

- The room number was written incorrectly on the slip, however they picked it up from our room (they have the room number!) and our name was written on the same form so they should have looked up the room by name. I highly doubt another person with the same name was at the hotel.

- If you cant figure out where clothes belong simply hold onto them. I am sure if someone sent dry cleaning out they will come looking for it. Put it at the bell desk with all the other dry cleaning that is being picked up. We had a pink receipt to match the others so they could prove our ownership.

- The Bell Desk thinks that maybe the clothing items were sent out to their laundry facility meaning even if the room number was correct it would have not been returned. It should have NEVER left the property, we requested same day service.

- They also think whoever was sent up from the bell desk that picked up the items misplaced them somewhere. How does this even happen? You pick something up you drop it off.

- We had to talk to the bell desk and then wait for their call, then wait for a security officer to file a security report, then follow up the next day, then call risk management, then wait. There is not one person I can contact to have help me. I did not make a mistake, THE HOTEL DID so please dont make me call and track down excessive amounts of people for YOUR MISTAKE.

- I checked in Sunday (4/8) twice at the hotel and then called Monday (4/9) and Tuesday (4/10) to check in. They promised that R T Germain of Risk Management would follow up within 24 hours of the security report being filed. I understand that he might be extremely busy but he needs to call in the 24 hour period and say, "We are taking this matter seriously and I need more time to investigate." He has not followed up or returned my 2 messages in the 3 days since it happened.

- I get that mistakes happen but I have gotten the runaround and no one has sympathized or tried to make me feel like they actually want to find my things. Everyone has acted like I am a giant burden on them. I just want my stuff back so I can never have to deal with Flamingo Hotels or their affiliates ever again.

DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE AS ME. JUST PAY MORE MONEY AND STAY SOMEWHERE THAT ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT CUSTOMERS! IT IS WORTH THE MONEY!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Max M

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Calgary
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Our 5 day stay at the Flamingo was great! We stayed in the "Go Rooms" which is the newly renovated part of the hotel. Nice and clean. Hotel quiet. Location is PRIME! This hotel is not as extravagant as the others on the strip but it suits just fine for sleep and shower!! Staff were friendly and helpful. I would stay again.

Room Tip: Select the "Go Room" package
San Diego, California
Reviewed 10 April 2012

My husband and I went to Vegas this past weekend for the Ozawa Cup tournament that was held in the Sunset Ballroom at the Flamingo. We enjoyed our room overlooking the strip and watched the water show down the street through our window. Our room was a king size bed, automatic drapes, very large television, disco bathroom with large shower and mini television in the mirror. Overall a pretty good room.

Staff was very friendly and helpful at all times. We really appreciated their friendliness.

We will be back soon!

Room Tip: Get your total rewards card.
1 Thank TamiMomOf5
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The Flamingo is the oldest operating hotel/casino on the strip from what I understand. Over the years it has seen a lot of changes but still manages to survive. We stayed here April 9 and 10 and were given one of the newer FAB remodeled rooms. I can see where they are going with the remodel but to be honest it looks a bit cheap and tacky, as if someone just went to Walmart and IKEA and slapped together a plan and called it FAB. The flooring is supposed to look like hardwood, but it is cheap vinyl and I can almost guarantee that in a few years it will be peeling from heat and abuse. The new beds are okay if a bit stiff. The bathrooms do not look like they have changed at all, same fixtures, etc. and flooring. Furniture has not been updated so it does not match the darker styled lamps and accessories. I know this is nitpicky, but if you are a hotel competing on the strip in Las Vegas for the consumer's dollar, and you do a remodel, don't you think you should reinvest better than this?? This is not likely to turn a profit and these types of decisions are what has led to the demolition of old and beloved casinos of yesteryear. The one thing I do LOVE about the new rooms is an art print on the wall. It is an old black and white photo they have framed of the Flamingo from the 40s and the name is colorized with the famous pink color. I asked the concierge and the gift shop owners if they had a poster of that I could purchase to take home but neither one of them knew what I was talking about. As iconic an image as the Flamingo is, this could be a huge marketing opportunity to help them sell more logo gear, calendars, postcards etc. in their giftshops, but alas, this opportunity has been wasted as well. I don't think Bugsy Malone would be pleased.

Room Tip: Don't get an outdated room, always go for the upgrade!
2 Thank Sthomas68