I have stayed at the Flamingo every year for nearly 10 years and I was really disappointed this year. I go to Vegas for business so all I'm looking for in my room is that everything work and that it have the basic amenities. The pros of the Flamingo are 1) its location, smack dab in the middle of the Strip; and 2) the pool/outdoor area is gorgeous. This year we stayed in one of the "old" rooms which still was very nice. The room was very large -- we had a regular King bed room and there would have been plenty of room for a kid or two or three to share. The decor felt fresh and clean. But lots of things were missing. We did not have a refrigerator or mini bar or coffee maker as is pretty standard in most 2 star hotels. Our room also had no information about the hotel other than a room service menu. There was no pad of paper, no pen. The remote control for the TV worked only sporadically. The second day we received no bath mat. There was no Privacy Wanted hang tag for the door so we could not keep the maids out. There was no option to not have the sheets/towels changed and no information about trying to save water or energy. It seemed like the hotel was saying "so you want a cheap room? You got a cheap room." Also, a number of people we talked to said that they arrived earlier than 4pm but were told there are no early check-ins unless you paid $25. If you got there early they would not give you a key until 4pm. Everywhere we went inside the hotel we were accosted by sales people trying to get us to go to the timeshare presentation for the property's timeshare component. We were, however, pleasantly surprised with the food in the main dining area, I'd call it the coffee shop. Most entrees were large enough for two to share. If you get a player's club card, called Total Rewards now, you get points and discounts when you eat at the Flamingo's restaurants and shop in their stores. There was no information about this in the room either and because we used the express check-in kiosk (which worked great by the way --- thank goodness we didn't have to stand in the mile long queue) we didn't know about it until we'd already spent a bunch of money in the restaurant.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the newly designed GO Rooms to a wealth of dining and entertainment choices, Flamingo proves "fabulous is forever." With classic Las Vegas style and flair, it continues to be one of the Strip’s most-visited resort destinations. Outside, guests enjoy acres of waterfalls, winding pools and lush foliage at the Lagoon Pool and Wildlife Habitat. For adults, the GO Pool is the destination for an afternoon of relaxation. Inside, enjoy performances ranging star siblings Donny & Marie to comedians George Wallace and Vinnie Favorito. Afternoon frivolity is found at Nathan Burton’s Comedy Magic while adult fun is staged nightly at X Burlesque, the Topless Review. Diners can enjoy go tropical at Jimmy Buffett’s Margaritaville or simply go all out at the Paradise Garden Buffet. Flamingo is also the home of the world's first Margaritaville Casino, a Parrothead paradise straight out of a Jimmy Buffett album. For those on the go, the new Flamingo Food Court hosts a variety of eateries from the all-American menu at Johnny Rockets to a taste of the Orient at Pan Asian Express. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Nozio Netplan srl, Travelocity.ca, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel Las Vegas
- Flamingo Las Vegas Hotel And Casino
- Flamingo Hilton Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Flamingo