“We came back to The Orleans”

The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Ranked #54 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Southern CA
“We came back to The Orleans”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This is my second review for The Orleans. Because we had an enjoyable stay last year, we returned for Spring Break. We have 3 kids, and we appreciated the convenience of the movie theater, bowling alley, arcade, pool, restaurants and shuttle.

Check-in/out was easy. Housekeeping did a wonderful job keeping our room fresh and clean during our stay. Ample spaces in the parking structure. The hotel is off-the-strip, but it didn't matter. The hotel offers free shuttle services and we never waited more than 10 minutes. Maybe that's luck on our part.

If there's anything to complain about, it's the location of our room. We had a view of a wall. Oh well. We still enjoyed our time here.

For this Vegas trip, we included a visit to the Pinball Hall of Fame and Ethel M's Chocolate Factory. The PHoF is fun if you're into classic arcade games. Ethel M's offers a self-guided tour and has a nice botanical cactus garden. There's also a candy shop on the premises. It's pricey, but the candy is good. Try the peanut brittle.

5 Thank AsianVista2
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Corporate Digital Marketing Manager at The Orleans Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Welcome back and we are happy that your second trip was enjoyable at The Orleans! The hotel does have fun things for the entire family to enjoy. We hope you will return again soon, we will have great summer rates, and a large pool area with great new Cabanas.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,339)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Nothing too exciting about the rooms. We stayed for the Viva Las Vegas convention. Of most the place in Vegas to book, the value is pretty good, if you don't need a fancy room. We aren't fussy so it suited us well. The hotel itself is off the strip but their shuttle is pretty quick and taxis aren't too expensive.

Lots of choices for food and services. The pool is pretty cool.

The casino is pretty good with a fair number of new and old machines.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank RedDaisy007
Hope your Rockabilly Weekender trip was a fun one and that you will return again to The Orleans next year. We appreciate your positive comments.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Staffs are friendly, good food rooms are moderate that I stayed couple of times in different floor better to have close to casino.

Room Tip: Lower floor are better.
1 Thank Anisur R
Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I always look to the Orleans first when I plan a trip to Vegas. I checked in on Saturday evening. The clerk did need me to assist her by providing my confirmation number. I think she was new and I had two reservations since I paid for one night and had a two nights comped. Room was fine - same as always. Clean and large. TV is not a flat screen, but that is not important to me. I just want to see the morning news and weather.
The casino is great. VP machines pay better than the strip and the bartenders were attentive.
Table games have lower limits and both the dealers and the players are friendly.
For an off-strip casino it's always busy, but not so crowded that you can't find a place to play or eat or whatever.
I had a nice dinner at Prime Rib loft where I used my food comp. The Coffee shop is just OK in my opinion. Fridays offers $6 apps after 9pm for a nice late night bite. Not 24 hrs but 2pm is late enough.
I do rent a car to make getting around easier.
I always get offers to come back, and the Orleans does not disappoint.
I will be back in the fall.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Bob538
Welcome home! So happy that you keep returning to The Orleans when you are in Vegas, we really appreciate your repeat business. You will be happy to know that by year's end all hotel rooms will have flat screen TV's. Again thanks for all you kind comments about our service and team members, we will share your post! We hope you won't stay away long!
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 April 2012 via mobile

The service my family received was outstanding and very friendly staff. Room Service was great and the restaurants offered excellent selections. My stay was just not long enough and I look forward to my visit on May 11, 2012 weekend.

Stayed August 2011
2 Thank Sittinghen
Maui, Hawaii
Reviewed 4 April 2012

We love staying at The Orleans when we go to Vegas. On our most recent stay, we had received a promotion for 2 free nights. Well, we booked right away. The check was hassle free and quick. The hotel is always clean, and the staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are always nice and are the same as the rooms that you can get on the strip for triple the amount. We have stayed at quite a few hotels in Vegas (including many on the strip), but seem to keep coming back to The Orleans. The pool and jacuzzi area are well maintained and always fun. We saw that they have a free shuttle to the strip, but we didn't use it, so I can't make a comment on that. They have a 70 lane bowling alley, which we've played at in the past with my nephews - was super fun. There are movie theaters, and other fun things for children to do if you have kids. We received a $25 dining credit (along with our free nights), which we used for the Sunday brunch. The brunch was ok - I have to admit that I've had better buffet brunches, but it's nice to eat where you are staying, especially on the day of departure. Check out was smooth - just did it right on the Menu button on our TV. Both hubby and I did pretty well on the tables (roulette and craps), and we actually took some money home - so all in all it was a pretty good trip. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We always like to stay on the higher floors because of the view.
3 Thank ladywolfd
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
Reviewed 3 April 2012

We just love the Orleans. Even though it is a bit off the Strip it is a good place to stay. The food is great. The shows are terrific. The hockey games at the Arena (with all the great seats and the pricing) are something you just have to experience. The shuttle to the Strip is easy to use. The vast selection of video poker machines in my opinion is the best in Vegas. And best of all, the rooms are as good as any you will find in Vegas.

Henry and Betsy