“Great Vegas Hotel/Casino”

Ranked #54 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Melrose, Wisconsin
“Great Vegas Hotel/Casino”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Recently stayed for the first time at the Orleans after many visits to Las Vegas. Huge place - 12 screen movie theater, 70 lane bowling alley, kid game center and a larger than average hotel fitness center that came in handy every morning. Very nice pool area and spa and plenty of eateries. Rooms are large, 2 queens plus couch in mine, a small window in the shower to let in natural light, both clean and comfortable. Also in room coffee maker with daily coffee provided - rare in a Vegas room. Casino has something for everyone. Found all my favorite slot machines and then some. Also if you like those free drinks while you're gambling, the cocktail waitresses come around often and return quickly with the drinks and were very friendly. The other players here were also very friendly. Being a non-smoker I thought the casino seemed fresh. There is a non-smoking area if you so please. The seafood buffet on Friday night was also good - excellent crab legs in the warm section.

Room Tip: The hotel has 3 wings. I don't know if you can get a bad room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Harriet S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,346)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Dallas
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Stayed at the Orleans April 1 to 5 in RM 1293. Booked hotel based on wanting to not stay on Strip and high Trip Advisor Ranking. I judge hotels by three criteria.

1) Quality of Product (Fail)
Room was terrible. Bed was extremely uncomfortable, Sheets and towels were old and of poor quality,vshower was not great and TV channels were of poor quality and selection. $6 Resort Fee is a total rip off. All Mid scale hotels provide free local calls, internet and coffee in room. Charging $6 for local calls (people have cell phones), and internet is only free in the coffee bar not in room. If hotel charges resort fee please include free internet in room.

To improve product at a minumum get new beds, Change shower heads and increase water pressure, add more TV channels and incude internet with resort fee.

2) Quality of Service (Great)
Guest Service Agent at front dest was very friendly. House keeping was great and kept the room clean. Wait staff in Casino were great. I love to play craps and the casino staff at craps table were great. Lot of energy at craps table and had great fun. Most staff at hotel have worked at hotel for years and make the hotel a great place to hang out. I like to play craps off the strip and The Orleans fits in well for what I look for.

3) Value for Price Paid (Not so Great)
I got a package deal, Air, Hotel and Car so the hotel tends to have a deep discounted rate. I would rate value high if I got a decent bed and a good night sleep, this is the basic for any hotel and The Orleans failed in this department.

People are naive if they comment that the hotel is in a seedy part of town. This is Vagas, there is adult entertainement all over the city so if you want a family vacation go to Disney.

Room Tip: Stay towards the end of building.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank TravelSamDallas
San Marcos, Texas
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed at The Orleans in Las Vegas for 4 nights in March and every thing was great,the restauants was great .The housekeeping did a wonderful job in keeping room clean.Check in /out was easy,staff was friendly. We go to Las Vegas every Spring Break and we well stay at The Orleans next year.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank pmurdock2
Southern CA
Reviewed 5 April 2012

This is my second review for The Orleans. Because we had an enjoyable stay last year, we returned for Spring Break. We have 3 kids, and we appreciated the convenience of the movie theater, bowling alley, arcade, pool, restaurants and shuttle.

Check-in/out was easy. Housekeeping did a wonderful job keeping our room fresh and clean during our stay. Ample spaces in the parking structure. The hotel is off-the-strip, but it didn't matter. The hotel offers free shuttle services and we never waited more than 10 minutes. Maybe that's luck on our part.

If there's anything to complain about, it's the location of our room. We had a view of a wall. Oh well. We still enjoyed our time here.

For this Vegas trip, we included a visit to the Pinball Hall of Fame and Ethel M's Chocolate Factory. The PHoF is fun if you're into classic arcade games. Ethel M's offers a self-guided tour and has a nice botanical cactus garden. There's also a candy shop on the premises. It's pricey, but the candy is good. Try the peanut brittle.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank AsianVista2
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Corporate Digital Marketing Manager at The Orleans Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Welcome back and we are happy that your second trip was enjoyable at The Orleans! The hotel does have fun things for the entire family to enjoy. We hope you will return again soon, we will have great summer rates, and a large pool area with great new Cabanas.
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Nothing too exciting about the rooms. We stayed for the Viva Las Vegas convention. Of most the place in Vegas to book, the value is pretty good, if you don't need a fancy room. We aren't fussy so it suited us well. The hotel itself is off the strip but their shuttle is pretty quick and taxis aren't too expensive.

Lots of choices for food and services. The pool is pretty cool.

The casino is pretty good with a fair number of new and old machines.

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank RedDaisy007
Hope your Rockabilly Weekender trip was a fun one and that you will return again to The Orleans next year. We appreciate your positive comments.
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Staffs are friendly, good food rooms are moderate that I stayed couple of times in different floor better to have close to casino.

Room Tip: Lower floor are better.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Anisur R
Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 April 2012

I always look to the Orleans first when I plan a trip to Vegas. I checked in on Saturday evening. The clerk did need me to assist her by providing my confirmation number. I think she was new and I had two reservations since I paid for one night and had a two nights comped. Room was fine - same as always. Clean and large. TV is not a flat screen, but that is not important to me. I just want to see the morning news and weather.
The casino is great. VP machines pay better than the strip and the bartenders were attentive.
Table games have lower limits and both the dealers and the players are friendly.
For an off-strip casino it's always busy, but not so crowded that you can't find a place to play or eat or whatever.
I had a nice dinner at Prime Rib loft where I used my food comp. The Coffee shop is just OK in my opinion. Fridays offers $6 apps after 9pm for a nice late night bite. Not 24 hrs but 2pm is late enough.
I do rent a car to make getting around easier.
I always get offers to come back, and the Orleans does not disappoint.
I will be back in the fall.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Bob538
Welcome home! So happy that you keep returning to The Orleans when you are in Vegas, we really appreciate your repeat business. You will be happy to know that by year's end all hotel rooms will have flat screen TV's. Again thanks for all you kind comments about our service and team members, we will share your post! We hope you won't stay away long!