“Great Vacation”

Ranked #54 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Houston, Texas
“Great Vacation”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Excellant service, clean room and friendly atmosphere. My wife and I enjoyed our vacation stay at the Orleans. Also, great food service at food court, buffet and TGIF. To all the staff that work at the Orleans, keep up the good work. See you all, hopefully next year. Thanks

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ed P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,345)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Hampshire
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

My fiance and i love this hotel :) we stayed here last year whilst travelling around America and have only great things to say about the Orleans. We love it so much that we have booked to stay for 10 days in September for our honeymoon. We can't wait.

• Stayed September 2011
2 Thank Sasink
virginia
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The Orleans – Room 1729 – 4/30 to 5/6

Background – 5th time staying at the Orleans, 2 nights comped
25th trip to Vegas, previously stayed at Encore, Mirage, TI, MGM, Bally’s, South Point and Gold Coast

Check in – Arrive early around noon. My room was not ready so I left my bags with Bellman and ate lunch and played a few slots. I returned to check-in around 1:00 pm.
Room – Very clean, window in shower which I love so you can get fresh air in the room. Free coffee is a nice plus. My view was of the strip from afar. Very quiet and I had no complaints. I only requested maid service twice during my stay, the other days I called housekeeping and notify them that I didn’t require maid service but requested the coffee replenished which was done upon my return.

Service – Menu option on my remote control didn’t work so I wouldn’t be able to check out by TV. I let the front desk know this and upon my return to my room this was fixed.

Guards – There are guards at the elevators to check room keys. These guards are the friendliest guards I have ever met; they always had a smile and will happily answer any question you might have about the property.

Comps – I consider myself a low roller, but play slots nonstop. Make sure you use your player’s cards and you might just be rewarded with comps.

Slots and Player club - Check the player’s card kiosk and swipe your card daily to see if you are eligible for any promotions. I received $4 off coupon for any buffet or a 2 for 1 for breakfast or lunch. They had Senior Tuesdays: if you put $10 in the slot machine and played all the money, you will get 50% off of 1 buffet. While I was there they had a “Money Grab” promotion, where you had the opportunity to win $500 to $10,000. My name was not called, but of the 5 names that were called, 3 people won $500 and 2 people won $1,000.
You can also use your slot points to purchase food. I was able to use my points for 4 free buffets. Compared to the strip, the Orleans slot club offers much more to even the low roller.

Casino – A lot of fun slots. I won $100 playing 50 cents on the Buffalo Thunder machine and a lot of $50 wins all over the casinos. I also won $185 playing 30 cents at the Gold Coast.

Shuttle – The shuttle drops you off at Bill’s Gamblin Hall which is mid strip and runs from 9 to 12:30 am. I used the shuttle often.

Lounge – They feature free live bands with wonderful singers and groups. The acts my week featured singers that sang songs from the 50’s and Motown music, basically music an older crowd would enjoy.

Food Court – they have Fuddruckers, Subway sub, a pizza and ice cream place. There a few restaurants including TGIF.

Pool – Very nice pool and not as crowded as the strip pools and the chairs are not on top of each other.

The Orleans has a very friendly staff and you tend to see the same people working there year after year. They seem happier than the staff at the big strip casinos.

I will differently return for another visit.

PROS:
Free shuttle to mid-strip therefore no need to rent a car.
Liquor store on property is not over priced.
Buffets are very cheap about half what the strip charges and very good.
Pool nice and not over crowded
Bowling Alley and Movie Theater
Fun and lively casino with free lounge acts

CONS – Not on the strip

TIPS – Visit the Gold Coast Casino which is one of the free Shuttle stops. The Palms is located across the street which is an easy walk. The Rio is 5 minutes away; walk thru the GC parking lot, then cross the street to reach the Rio. The Rio also has free shuttles to the Strip.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank myinfo
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 13 May 2012 via mobile

I'm staying here for a class nearby and must say I'm surprised this place is very clean and the staff helpful! My room is much larger than Vegas standard rooms for the same price, it's decorated nicely with warm colors and extremely clean. The air quality is also very good.

As a frequent visitor to Vegas (local/ish), normally I choose Wynn and, though Wynn is nicer, this place is way better than I thought it would be given its location off the strip and near less than desirable areas. I'd stay here again no problem.

• Stayed May 2012
5 Thank Purplealiene
Antigo, Wisconsin
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We stayed here 2 years ago and it was so good we stayed there again. We love the variety of restaurants, movie theater, card games, slots and entertainment. The shuttle that takes you to Bill's and Gold Coast is such a time and money saver. I even used the fitness center this time and it was very impressive and clean! The French Market Buffet was a little disappointing but most everything else was great. The slots didn't treat us too bad either. 99 cent margarita's during Happy Hour from 3-5pm were a must, Mango was my favorite. If your looking for something close to the strip but not on the strip this is the place to go. Take a cab from the airport, it's cheaper and much faster than the shuttle's. Staff was always pleasant. Rooms are very clean.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank titletowncards
Washington City, Utah
Reviewed 13 May 2012

We love staying at The Orleans, we travel there several times a year. They have great restaurants, a wonderful buffet and a fast food section. There a so many fun slot machines and a big variety to play. The staff is very friendly and the rooms are very nice, plus in room coffee, which I really enjoy. They have special deals for seniors, and great slot tournemants. They also have a shuttle to the strip which I have used. We stay at The Orleans as it feels a second home. Oh !! also a Race book that my husband really enjoys.

Room Tip: Non smoking and up high.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Belle527
gosport
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Friendly local casino, good value for money food and drink, lovelly pool area, plenty off low denomination slots and $5 minimum table games. Good shuttle bus service to strip. Little tip Dont bother taking duty free drink as liquer store in hotel just as cheap ( bottle of smirnoff vodka $12.99).

Room Tip: all rooms are large, if any criticism rooms are a little dated.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends