2,935 results
All reviews rooftop pool murphy bed time share diamond resorts full kitchen hawaiian marketplace planet hollywood studio room underground parking small balcony timeshare property sales pitch timeshare presentation off the strip convenience store business center concierge desk
Reviewed February 20, 2013

After a business conference in California we had a few days to spare and decided to visit Las Vegas! Unfortunately the spare days we had were over the Presidents Day long weekend and Vegas was heavily booked! We chose the Polo Towers because of its availability and closeness to the Strip.
This property is not one of the flash, in your face modern Las Vegas hotels but we found it to be convenient, comfortable and great value!
The room we had was not big but had a great bed, a lovely clean bathroom and a balcony. I think the Polo Towers is one of those time share type resorts because of the initial offers of commercial involvement, but once we had declined politely we were not troubled again and thoroughly enjoyed our stay!
It is only a block off the Strip and is close to the Magic Mile Shops and all the usual Vegas razzmatazz!

Room tip: The rooms on the third tower are more recently renovated.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank trevorrose
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Just spent a week at the Villas at Polo Towers which we traded for via Interval International.
Pros:
- location is excellent, right on the strip and a 1 mile walk done to Mandalay Bay or 1.4 mile walk up to The Mirage.
- parking is free; they have underground or surface parking available.
- water pressure was excellent and hot water was immediate and plentiful.

Cons:
- views are very dependent on which of the three towers you end up in and which side of the tower you are in. Our view was unspectacular - two parking lots and the electrical and AC units for the MGM Grand (see attached photo)
- internet access is not free.
- the whole pool deck was closed for annual maintenance for 5 of the 7 days we were there. There was no warning about this on the Interval International web site when we booked our exchange - a major bummer because the top floor pool/jacuzzi/BBQ area is very nice.
- the deck off the bedroom is a joke, it is so small and the view was lousy (see attached photo). There is no deck off the living/dining room space.
- the heat/AC unit did not work right even after maintenance came to fix it. It did not hold the set temperature, it would come on even when the unit was turned off and when it was running, we could not shut it off by either adjusting the temperature or even turning it completely off - it kept on running.
- only one sink in the bathroom.
- they provide a safe in the bedroom closet but it is positioned sideways on a pedestal so you have to get on your knees in the closet to access it - not user friendly.

Neutral:
- size of the unit is average to small for 1 bedroom units.
- mattress comfort was average.
- furnishings were average to just below average.

Room tip: Ask for a high floor in tower 1 facing the strip.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank NV_Travelers_77
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I booked this random hotel on the strip on Hotwire based on location and price. I ended up with the polo towers for 42 USD per night in the middle of the strip. Awesome stumbling distance to everywhere. Great service from the concierge booking my tours. Great value.

Room tip: Pay more on hot wire and test your luck!
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Michael T
diamondresorts, Manager at Polo Towers Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2013

We are pleased to read that you found our resort optimally located and all the local attractions within your reach-we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at Polo Towers this past weekend. I checked in and the check in guy sent me to the concierge, who gave me a welcome packet (which I didn't want, I think it's so wasteful) of various Vegas magazines and some coupons (random coupons that aren't worth anything, at least for my Vegas trips). My room was clean. I had a studio room, and my bed was a Murphy bed which surprised me but didnt bother me at all. There was no additional seating, which was fine because it was just me. There was a kitchenette: sink, fridge, microwave, plates, cups, utensils, dish soap. I definitely utilized that! When I went out and about and asked the concierge to call a cab she also gave me a free VIP entrance to the club I was going to, which I have heard its easy to get in for free but still it was nice to have just in case! The walk to the strip is literally one minute. People who have rooms at MGM for example have to walk further to the strip, I know from experience! I would stay here again.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank skigirltiff
diamondresorts, Manager at Polo Towers Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay here at Polo Towers Suites and Villas. We are truly appreciative of your recommendation, and are really glad to hear that our accommodations, location, and staff contributed to your overall positive review of our resort. Please be advised that there are guests who find the offerings in our welcome packet helpful for their stay here in Las Vegas, and have been able to redeem the offers found in these guides, as well as, providing great information about nearby attractions and activities. One of our greatest traits of our exact location is the centralized location on the strip, and the accessibility to many nearby casinos. We look forward to seeing you again here soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

We just visited Vegas and stayed at the Polo Towers. The units have recently been refurbished and they were very nice. The place was clean, service was excellent. We only had one minor issue in that the garbage truck came by every morning around 7:00am and woke us up. If we were in a different part of the building it probably would have not been an issue.

Date of stay: January 2013