2,844 results
All reviewsrooftop poolmurphy bedtime sharediamond resortsfull kitchenplanet hollywoodhawaiian marketplacebedroom suiteunderground parkingsmall balconysales pitchtimeshare propertytimeshare presentationoff the stripconvenience storebusiness centerconcierge desk
Reviewed November 2, 2005

This is our 2nd year staying.This year we stayed in the Villas--1 bedroom on a exchange through Interval. We had a fast speedy check-in with great service.I enjoy staying in a condo --just to get away from the crazy crowds & noise of the casinos--not so my hubby-he loves the action.The unit is very tastefully decorated and everything was at hand with kitchen utilities.We only ate 2 meals out.We get tired of buffets & prefer to eat more healthy food.Their is a small grocery on site--prices comparible to a grocery store-just not as much fruit & veggies.This is a great location--midway on the strip.We found it nice & quite despite the Marriott doing some building next door.The lounge has a great veiw but the drinks very pricy-pool small but quite.There is a barbacue to grill at the pool.I didn't find much difference between the towers or the villas--both good-villas just more updated.We had no problems with timeshare reps.They left us alone & were very freindly when we met them on the elavators.We have stayed at many timeshares--our own & our daughters & found the Polo Towers one of the most courteous.Perhaps it not the most ellegant but friendly staff are very important to a good holiday.we were invited to breakfast 2 mornings to meet other travellers--a nice touch in a city that hosts thousands.Everything is clean and neat. Some problems with parking which is underground and safe.A shuttle will take you down to Treasure Island & The Venetian next to the mall.The Mandalay Bay is across the street & the Aladdin next door.This place is good for families as you can get away from the strip.It has a play area for small children.

31  Thank Adventure17736
Reviewed October 2, 2005

Just returned from a week stay at the Villas at Polo Towers as a time share exchange from Interval International. I was quite worried as some of the reviews are terrible. The only thing I can think of is that those reviews are not based on the Villas (Tower III), but on the other two towers.

First of all, if you don't specificially book the Villas at Polo Towers, you WILL NOT get the Villas. Villa arrivals for exchanges are on a Friday only (as far as I'm aware).

We stayed in a two bedroom lock-off. The master bedroom, located just off the kitchen, is a good size with a monster of a bed. The bed wasn't the most comfortable around, but I still slept well. The sheets were supposed to be changed midway through the stay (day 4), but this didn't happen. We did skip maid service one day, so maybe we had bad timing. But, with only a week stay, I'm really not fussed about having my sheets changed. They did make the bed every day though. There is a very small balcony connected to the master bedroom. We didn't use it. Oh, also a smaller TV in here. (Small closet & wardrobe/drawers in here, along with two small single drawer nightstands).

The main bathroom, located off the master bedroom and also off the entry hallway, is quite large and had a jacuzzi-style bath (the ones with jets) with a shower over. Two vanity/sink areas on opposing sides. Odd thing was that there was no real towel rail, just a hook on the back of the door leading to the master bedroom. Towels were changed daily. There was a telephone in here too, next to the toilet. Can't say I used it (the telephone, that is)!

The lounge was a good size, sofa was comfortable, and the table seated 4. The kitchen bar area seated an additional two. Kitchen had everything: Dishwasher, coffee maker, range, microwave, toaster (I'm sure I'm forgetting something) and service for 4. We only ate breakfast here, so it was perfect for us. TV was HUGE and had limited cable. There was also a VCR and a stereo - we didn't use either.

Didn't get much of a look at the 2nd room, but there were no complaints from the occupants. It was a murphy bed (folded out from the wall) and they said it was comfy. This room also had a small fridge, coffee maker and I think a microwave. TV & stereo in here, too. There was also a smaller bathroom with shower only (no bathtub). Have no idea how many sinks were in there. This room has it's own entrance (can be used as lock-off), and two additional key cards are issued.

In our entire stay, we were NEVER ASKED TO ATTEND A TIMESHARE PRESENTATION by any Polo Towers staff.. Staff was courteous and attentive. A free trip to Laughlin was offered, which we declined. Yes, there are people on the strip trying to offer free shows, but we didn't chat with them to find out what we had to do to get them. If you ignore them, they leave you alone. This is not isolated to the area by the Polo Towers, this is pretty much everywhere on the strip. This is Vegas - nothing is for free. Just don't bother with them, unless you want to be pitched.

Aladdin is a very short walk away. Plenty of free parking available. You can access the parking lot from the street that runs alongside of the Aladdin, so you can get to/from without driving on the strip.

There is construction noise from the building working at the Marriot behind. I only really heard it once at about a quarter to 8. Polo Towers left messages on all the phones to warn (and appologise) about the construction, and what times they expected the work to be done. Free earplugs were available, but I honestly never needed them.

The rooms have the noisiest air conditioning in the world. We couldn't figure out how to switch it off. It would turn on intermittantly (obviously when it got too warm) with a loud THUG. Didn't bother me once I fell asleep, though. This is my only real complain about the entire experience.

Didn't use the pool, didn't even see it, so I can't comment on that. Didn't use the on-site store, either. There's a Vons, Albertsons & Walmart within short driving distance. The Vons even has a Vons Club card on file for the Polo Towers. This is great for those visiting from outside the US, or for those who just don't have one.

Decor was nice, room clean and comfortable, location good. I would definately stay at the Villas again.

• Stayed: September 2005
64  Thank Xanthia1
Reviewed September 20, 2005

We owned a timeshare here for several years. The last time we visited was in June of 2004. We ended up selling our timeshare in 2005 because we were not able to use it enough to justify the high yearly maintenance fees. I highly recommend if you are looking to purchase a timeshare, any timeshare, that you never ever buy straight from the developer. Only buy a timeshare on the secondary market. Very few people ever get their moneys worth if they pay the retail price.

That said, Polo Towers is a pretty nice place, I would say about the equivalent of a 3 star hotel. The rooms are clean and nicely decorated, and having the refrigerator and kitchen facilities is very nice. No other hotel I have stayed at in Vegas had a refrigerator. If you are going to stay in a two bedroom unit, it is supposed to be able to sleep 6 people. However, we heard from our friends that stayed with us that the fold-out couch was very uncomfortable, so that is probably best left for kids or young adults. The king bed in the main bedroom was comfortable and definately not too hard. If you are staying in one of the studios, we saw at least 2 different kinds of beds. If you get a studio with a regular bed that will be the most comfortable. If you get a studio with the pull down bed that turns into a couch, that bed was much less comfortable.

The lobby was clean and well decorated, but is pretty small. Be aware that the only onsite store is a small gift shop that has nothing but a few snacks and some souvenirs and closes early. The pool is a big negative for this hotel, it's on the roof, is very small, has only about 20 loungers and has little shade. The pool landscaping is practically non-existant, i.e. no plants, palm trees, waterfalls, etc. that seem to be a standard at most strip hotels. If you want to lounge by a decent pool, definatly do not come to Polo Towers. In 2002, we paid a special assessment fee that they were collecting in order to build a 2nd pool area that would be larger and more family oriented, leaving the roof pool for adults only. However, during our visit in June of 2004, we did not see any sign that any construction had begun on this pool. There is no on-site restaurant, room service or casino. However, next door there is a small strip mall with an indoor food court served by several fast food style booths. I think you can get food delivered from outside restaurants, but not sure how this works.

This hotel is on the strip in between the MGM Grand and the Aladdin. It is about a half block set back from Las Vegas Blvd, so there is a bit of a walk to get to the street. It is about a 10 minute brisk walk to the Aladdin or Monte Carlo and even further to the MGM Grand so if you or someone you are traveling with has mobility problems or is sensitive to the heat(if you visit during summer), you don't want to stay here. Additionally, practically the entire walk to the surrounding casinos you will be approached by numerous street vendors selling tours, timeshares, etc. Also, there will be numerous people trying to push flyers into your hands. If you don't want to walk through all this just to get to the nearest casino, don't stay here.

Overall, I might recommend this place if you can get a cheap rate. It is clean, comfortable, centrally located to the strip and safe. The downsides are the lack of on-site amenities and the walking distance to get to any of the big casinos. One of the reasons that we sold our unit is because we didn't want to stay here any more when we came to Vegas. There are so many better hotels on the strip and the casinos just offer so many more amenities. Every time we stayed here, we wished we were staying in one of the casinos instead because we got sick of having to walk 15 to 30 minutes just to get a decent meal and to gamble.

• Stayed: June 2004
17  Thank no1spec
Reviewed August 21, 2005

We just came back from 1 week at Polo Towers; it is not the Marriott 5-Star quality.....the pool on roof is only 3 ft and was green when we arrived. The hotel didn't know why it was green; that was very upsetting. The suites were clean but not high quality furniture and cheap formica cabinets, and did meet the Marriott standards. Then we find out that there were other Villas of upgraded quality in the Towers that we could have gotten as Marriott owners. The staff was helpful but the location of hotel was not at the best part of the strip. The shopping in front of the building was dirty and smelly and that's where the fitness center was located; not on site as stated. We would not recommend the Polo Towers.

• Stayed: August 2005
18  Thank Roam29569
Reviewed August 20, 2005

The positives first: Location great, kids waterpark my 5 y.o. enjoyed, ATM machine on site so you dont get raked over the coals on cash advances. Tram service (but I didnt use) No timeshare sales pressure, comfortable King bed. Staff friendly and attentive. Daily towel service.
Now the bad or at least worse than expected: Outdated at least 10 years - old uncomfortable couch which was even worse as a bed, shower/bath slow drain , General bad smell- smokey in the room, alley smell outside- (go figure there is an alley right outside with dumpsters), Dirty pool, Patio off unit filthy and no chairs.
Basically it served its purpose as a room with a kitchen- It just makes me Question how Interval International rated this a five star.

• Stayed: August 2005