2,845 results
All reviewsrooftop poolmurphy bedtime sharediamond resortsfull kitchenplanet hollywoodhawaiian marketplacebedroom suiteunderground parkingsmall balconysales pitchtimeshare propertytimeshare presentationoff the stripconvenience storebusiness centerconcierge desk
Reviewed September 29, 2010

Because of some of the reviews I was leary of booking Polo Towers. I am a Diamond Resort owner (Lake Tahoe) so didn't have too much choice since I needed to use my points. I was nervous about the alley that you have to walk down to get to entrance of resort -- ended up it was well let and plenty of people walking around so wasn't an issue. The location is actually great!

We were in a one bedroom villa. The room was very clean. It seemed like it was fairly new/remodeled because it still smelt of fresh paint. All the furnishings were up to date. There was granite in the kitchen and bathrooms. Brand new appliance -- stainless steel Cuisinart toaster, blender and coffee maker. I loved the bathroom the most because it was big and there were two seperated sinks so that my husband and I could have our own space. The beds were very comfortable and the room was dark.

The only one complaint I would have is that the air conditioner was loud (which I liked) but when it went off and on it was noticable which sometimes made it hard to sleep. It didn't seem to bother my husband. Other than that, we really enjoyed our stay. We used the pool almost daily. We also enjoyed that is wasn't in a casino atmosphere. I thought I wouldn't like that because we usually stay at the casinos but I actually liked it more because it was a nice get away after speding all day in loud, smokey casinos!

I would highly recommend this resort to anyone.

1  Thank Goldieharley
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Got a great price, but didn't realize that it didn't include any of the hotel's amenities or housekeeping services! When booking, I didn't realize that the Polo Towers is a partial time-share. There was an $8 a day charge for the exercise facility that was advertised as an amenity, which was not disclosed upon booking or check-in. The hotel was severely understaffed, had only 1 person working the front desk on a busy Thursday afternoon with a 30 minute wait to check in. Rooms advertised as a junior suite were tiny regular rooms with Murphy beds & mini-fridges. Housekeeping only made up our bed once in a four night stay & had to be called every day for fresh towels or to take out the trash. Corridors were noisy and accessing the Strip from the hotel is done via a half-deserted run down faux Hawaiian strip mall. The only nice things about the Polo Towers were the amazing view of City Center from the west facing balconies and the small roof-top pool in the evening after all the overweight time-share families have cleared out. However, the staff was not friendly, helpful or efficient.

1  Thank FrancescaFiore
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Never been to Vegas till this visit. I thought the location of Polo Towers was great. We were on the eighth floor facing the Strip. Some noise from the road below. Nothing that was unexpected having read in previous reviews. Room size and creature comforts were what we have had at other Diamond Resorts. Bed was sooo comfortable.
Reception and Concierge were very helpful. No pressure to attend any presentation.

This set the bar for our vacation as we had booked into a further 2 DRI complexes at Sedona and Orlando on our US trip.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Our stay at the Villas at Polo Towers in Las Vegas was nothing but positive! We selected Polo Towers on a recommendation from a friend. It is only a short walk through a parking lot to the strip, and the cost was half that of anywhere on the strip. Bargain!! The hotel is perfectly located in the middle of the strip. Upon arrival, the front desk staff person was friendly and efficient. The lobby was beautful. Our room was fabulous. Though Polo Towers is just off the Strip behind Plant Hollywood, we had nice view of the Strip. Our room was clean, comfortable and well-equipped. We had a one bedroom villa with a full kitchen and large bath. There was nothing that we were missing. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom had all the amenities we needed and was kept more than fully stocked. Though we didn't use the pool, the pool area looked wonderful and inviting. It also was not crowded and had adult-only hours. The small market was well-stocked with essentials from food to toiletries. We had one issue with the guests next door to us. The hotel is nonsmoking. Halfway through our stay, guests checked in next to us. They were smoking in their room, and because the rooms had an adjoining door, their smoke filled our room. Personally, I got enough smoke in the casinos. I didn't need more in my room. I was also concerned that the hotel staff would think that we were smoking in a nonsmoking room, and I didn't want to deal with arguing a charge when we got home. I called the front desk. Security was sent up immediately, and the problem was resolved. I was very impressed with the staff and accommodations at Polo Towers. We will be back and have recommended the Villas at Polo Towers to everyone we talk to about our trip.

Reviewed September 25, 2010

had trouble starting this review, very mixed opinions. Arrived at the resort late at night, after hanging around the airport for ages, Delta airlines had lost my luggage, and did not seem bothered, in fact, it appears this happens often. On a five and a half hour flight from New York, the only refreshments were a drink (half a can of your juice of choice) and a two fingered pack of biscuits. There was food on offer (bagel type sandwich or M&M's), but you could only pay with a credit card. I found this totally unsuitable and insufficient. I would not fly with Delta Airlines again, ever.
Got checked in very quickly, got to my room, 313sq ft as advertised on the website. I don't think so!!! It was an average sized room, very tired and hungry, I decided to get my bed ready, tried to get the 'murphy' bed down from the wall (foldaway), couldn't get it, tried a few times, couldn't manage it, thought I must be doing something wrong and didn't want to break it so I opted for sleeping on the couch, (the couch is the foldaway bed) okay for
sitting on, not for sleeping on. Very uncomfortable night. In the morning, went in search of a kettle or boiling device for tea, only a coffee perculator, phoned and asked if they had a kettle, they obligingly sent one up, but a stove top whistling kettle, no stove to put it on, they suggested that I use the perculator for hot water, knew what the result would be but thought i would try it, as I thought tasted coffee through the water. You would think that with all the european visitors and tea drinkers, they would provide even a small travel kettle. I have one, but because they advertised a fully equipped kitchen, I didn't think I would need it. I told them about the bed, they sent a handyman up within a half an hour and he declared that it was indeed broken, he would fix it that day, which he did. (The bed, when it is down and the cushions are on the floor, there is not a lot of room, even for one person). No apology was offered by management. On a more positive note, the view from my balcony was of the Strip and surrounding mountains, very nice. The room had good air conditioning, a good sized telly and a microwave which I felt was dangerously high for anyone under 6ft, especially when you are having to boil water in there and it bubbles over as you are lifting it out. I am surprised by this actually, bearing in mind the American Culture and their love of 'suing'. Hotel is actually a timeshare complex, and there are tours of people being shown around all the time, this is not an inconvenience, it just shows the interest in the place. The pool is on the roof, (22nd floor) nice but very very small, lovely views and very clean. There is a gift shop which is very well stocked and reasonably priced, you can hire dvds in the machine at the gift shop. This resort is in a perfect location, far enough away from the strip so that you are not bothered by the noise, but close enough to walk to strip. I have been to Vegas lots of times, and stayed at different hotels, this is the nicest one. The staff were very nice, yes you get the chance to win a special prize (a timeshare talk and tour), but you don't have to do it. Flights (all booked through expedia) were excellent, apart from Delta. Air France, were fantastic, I would thoroughly recommend. A jumbo jet flying out and an airbus on return, food was the best I have ever tasted on a flight.

Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo