“Cool Hotel...Trendy”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Nice hotel...beautiful water wall on the outside of the main entrance. Casino just okay...not as massive as the other mega casinos... Pools were nice.... Buffet had beautiful presentation and the food was good. Centrally located on the strip... Would I pay for this hotel? Probally not...it was a comp... I would stay at the Wynn/Encore or Bellagio ... during the summer for pool action...Mandalay Bay or MGM.

Room Tip: ask for a strip view
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank ElleSD

Reviewed 24 April 2012

Rooms were very nice and cozy. However, I stayed two nights and they never cleaned the room once. I had to call for towels. I could not believe it. As expensive as this place was for them not to clean the room is crazy. Also, if you like an $11 glass of beer or a $16 hot dog, this is your place. Everything is way overpriced. Vegas has way to many options that are priced better and has better service. Stay away.

Room Tip: Request a room close to the elevator so they will clean it.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank clayck1
Reviewed 24 April 2012

The rooms are great and the bed and pillows are amazing. The decor of the hotel, the restaurents, the bars and casino is very chic and very modern. Each area has its own unique look.  Staff at the concierge is super helpful I booked all shows and restaurants (to other hotels) with them. We loved to go and see more grandiose casinos like the Caesar or the Venetian but in the end, we prefer staying at the Aria. Hotel location is perfect.

Room Tip: I recommed you take a room on the highest floor you can get. Try to get a room on the strip side (bu...
2  Thank RedHotSly
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Me and my friends stayed here last week for 5 nights. I have to stay the check in experience started things off wrong. The front desk clerk was uninterested at satisfying the customer and took the liberty to book on floor 38 when we had requested to stay near friends on floor 11. She tried to tell us there was nothing closer, but after I demanded her to look into it she found something on floor 12...amazing isn't it?

Next is the Cafe Vetto...this place is just horrible! The worst experince I've had in any restaurant...ever!

The first time around it took forever to get my food (about 40 mins at 2 am), and when the food arrived, it was cold as ice! When the manager arrived, instead of him listening to my complaint, he threatened to call security. I guess he thought he was going to treat me like another drunk or something. I obliged on the security offer and got things all squared off.

I went back to this place 3 days later to give it another chance and it didn't fail on failing again. The server took our orders, brought our drinks and disappeared for about 35 minutes. Everyone was hungry and waiting for refills and some sort of food. We called over a manager again and were promptly comped with free drinks and some appetizers because we had received no service.

The place has a very potent vanilla smell on the inside that is almost bothersome. The housekeeping is subpar at best...we had to call for room service on 3 different occasions because we kept coming back to a dirty room. A call for towels took an hour and a half.

So, to recap...this place is far behind its cost in service and I would not stay here again. Plenty of other fine choices in Vegas, check those out before coming here!

2  Thank TommyChuckles
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I booked a room at this resort via Priceline for $140 per night. Was it worth $140? Yes, absolutely. Would I ever pay the published rate? Not a chance.

I enjoyed the technology in the room - it really was fun to control everything with a remote. The casino was nice as well. The high ceilings and art make it a more enjoyable space to lose money!

It was just short of the advertised five stars. For example, you have to request turndown service. Since our room wasn't cleaned until dinnertime one day, and not at all another day, I don't know when they would have done turndown service. The bathrooms seemed a bit small for Vegas. More counter space would be nice. It would be nice to see branded toiletries like L'Occitane or Bvlgari. I realize it's nit-picky but these are the differences and a truly 5 star property.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TexasLady7509
Reviewed 24 April 2012

My most recent stays were for NYE (witht the bride) and March Madness (with the boys). Going back in May. This place is simply great. Well located in City Center on the Strip. Modern design/opulent, but not over the top. Tons of great restaurants...Julian Serano is fantastic. The staff is good. Try to stay in the Sky Tower if you want something a little more upscale. Rooms are outfitted with the latest and greatest electronics (AV/lighting/drapery systems). Rooms are well appointed and nicely decorated. The beds are heaven. I've been several other times since the hotel and casino opened. They are consistently good. I'll keep going back because it's become my favorite in Vegas.

Room Tip: Standard rooms seem a little tight in the space dept. If you have the means, I recommend a Sky Suit...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank rollinon-9
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We should have known upon checking in that the service would be terrible but we kept giving Aria the benefit of the doubt. The front desk staff was rude and not helpful, not even showing us a map of the grounds or how to get to the elevators. She put us in the worst room in the place, on floor 3, about a mile from the elevators and a view of the building's roof next door. None of the lighting or sound or curtains even worked automatically like our friends said their rooms did. We tried countless times to change rooms and the front desk kept saying they would honor our request but they never did. They didn't even call us back. And the countless other times I called the front desk, no one ever answered. We waited over 20 minutes in our room for our bags after the bell man said it wouldn't even be 5 minutes. We asked for a few comps, free buffet tickets, 2 for 1 drinks at the clubs, or free pool pass (which is completely normal for hotels to give out to new guests) not one was ever given to us. The resort fee is is about $30 a day and the least they could have done was comp that for our troubles, but they didn't. They did not value our money even though our group was over 10 people. I would never return to Aria.

Room Tip: Good luck with that
8  Thank jlsacco