“TI-Las Vegas”

Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino
Ranked #74 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I loved the food as usual and you really have the best buffet on the planet. Thank you, to whoever came to my rescue when i needed housekeeping really fast! I didn't like not being aware that the resort fee was not optional. I pre-paid for my room and had no idea there was addtional money I had to pay. I was told upon check-in about the fee but not informed it was being charged, regardless if I was to use any additional services that the resort fee would normally include. The bedding was incredibly soft, but I'm not sure how I got one king size bed for two women, when I booked to queen size beds.

Room Tip: when you book a room here, beware the resort fee is not added in cost, you must pay it at the hotel...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cindy198125
There are newer reviews for Treasure Island - TI Hotel & Casino

Reviewed 27 March 2012

I have stayed with my work colleagues at the TI during a trade show twice a year for several years now. We had been happy until the present stay. Compared to August last year, beds are feeling quite worn, towels are rough and worn, as well, instead of the comfortable beds and fluffy towels of the past. We are reconsidering staying here again after what we found this time... It's sad, because the hotel location is very convenient for us.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise from the street and from A/C Vents. Plus get a better view, especially...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank JGioP
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We arrived on saturday the 17th of March. Long line at check-in, only 4 front desk clerks, took over 20 minutes to get served. I had booked the room on their website. When I got to the desk they told me my reservation for the petite suite, that none were available. Rep then talked to manager, then offered me handicapped room with no jacuzzi tub. Told her not acceptable, talked to manager again finally after another 20 minutes got my room. This was a 4 day stay. The buffet, coffee shop and the mexican restaurant were great. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. The room had a light burned out in one of the bathrooms, the toilet was leaking in one of the bathrooms, the shower in my bathroom was only giving lukewarm water. The bathroom sink was slow in draining. These things should have been noticed and fixed before we got the room. The reason we booked this room was because of the 2 bathrooms, one with the shower and one has a jacuzzi tub., great layout for a room. If you are playing the slot machine games they were tight. Machines are looser in Reno. They are slow in answering the phones if you call housekeeping or the front desk. We had to tell the bell captain in person about the burned out light, when we got back to our room it was fixed. All in all Customer Service has a lot to be desired here, except where we ate where the service was great. The petite suite room with the bathrooms was why we booked here. I would be hard pressed to book here again, but might.

Room Tip: Look at the hotel photos of the rooms, the petite suite is a great room for a couple.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SteveS59
Reviewed 27 March 2012

This was a two night spring break trip with our 13yr old daughter. The hotel was updated in 2008 and the common areas, rooms and casino are in excellent shape. The theater they have for the Mystere show is fantastic as was the show which I will review separately. Check in and out was a breeze with the staff friendly and efficient. My only negative comment was the cost verses the value of the meals in the resorts restaurants. This seems to be the trend on the strip but that doesn’t make it right.

Room Tip: Request a room with a view of the strip its worth the extra cost.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank ddalton2009
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I must congratulate Treasure Island! This is the first time in 4 years that I have not had to fight with the booking staff to get the room that I had reserved 6 months in advance I think it’s ironic that they want you to reserve your room tell them how many of you there will be, smoking or non, King, Queen, 2 beds or 1, handicapped etc. Only to arrive and have them give you a totally different room than you requested! I have had this issue with many top name Hotels in Las Vegas in the past. And I was prepared to blow a gasket this year, after parking at one end of the building dragging my luggage all the way a crossed the busy casino “witch for some STUPID reason is the norm in Las Vegas” I approached the counter already miffed and agitated only to have the nice lady say Mr. Brown we have you booked for 2 adult twin beds smoking is that correct?? WOW! Now teetering on my hills about to tip over she pushes me on over, “is there anything else you need or would like to request?” Dam! My head hit the floor!!
And then the room was nice, clean, up-to-date, lots of pillows, roomy etc. No peeling paint no poorly matched paint touchups, actually had a real tub! A deep tub!!, big clean mirror, a spot mirror, a fridge, safe, blow dryer, iron etc. the way a hotel should be! I did have to get my coffee maker out of my bag but now days that’s a given. We did have an issue with the TV the second night upon returning to our room at 11, it would not do anything but boot up called front desk they said they would send IT support up?? At 11:00 pm? Yea I’ll be seeing them in the morning! But within a half an hour there was a knock on the door!! WOW!!

Room Tip: It’s on the northern end of the strip that tells you it has traffic issues but wasn’t bad if you exi...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Stayed here early March 2012. Was concerened by other comments. I arrived to a nice looking property with very nicely redone rooms. Not the high ceilongs of newer casinos...but was very nice..great staff and super location.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My boyfriend and I went to Vegas for the first time in July 2011 and stayed at Treasure Island. The resort package included five days, four nights and airfare and was definitely worth the bargain. The check in was super quick, the hotel staff was friendly and the pool was awesome. On Thursday morning the pool area turned into a "pool party" and there was a DJ and dancing (very cool). The pina coladas at the pool were by far the best I've ever had (and I'm definitely a pina colada aficionado). The only thing I didn't like was that we requested a king sized bed and instead were given two queens. The beds were super comfortable but still not what I wanted. Tip: If you sign up for the Treasure Island Card, your resort fees are waived and make sure you check out the FREE pirate show.

We're planning on going back in July 2012 and staying at TI - hopefully with the right bed this time!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple