“First time in Vegas” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Canton, Ohio
“First time in Vegas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

For my 40th birthday I was treated to a special trip to Las Vegas which included a 4 night stay at the Venetian. The hotel was beautiful and the room was equisite. My only complaint would be the smell (fragrance) that appears to be piped through the entire place. It was a little over-bearing. Other than that the stay was incredible and the gondola ride amazing.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 14 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian|The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed you 40th birthday celebration! Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian|The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply that the scent of the Venetian caused you distress. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.

Again, I extend my apologies and hope that this atypical experience does not deter you from visiting us in the future.

The Venetian|The Palazzo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,558)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Western Austraia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Well, we do not have any comparison with other hotels in Vegas - and really like the Venetian, with its big rooms, nice bathroom, and location. But weather is because of the use of energy saving lamps or the decor or the design - it's way to dark in the rooms. We feel you need a torch to see anything - even during the day, with all the curtains and blinds open and lights on. While I am at it, the shower does not get you wet.... I don't know why, because the water pressure at the taps is ok.
Enough of the ranting - it still is a nice hotel. Impressive lobby, nice shops, restaurants - and if you don't find 'it' in this hotel resort - the central location means you walk into another with even more shops and restaurants.
Verdict - a bit dated, but worth a visit.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank spikey2
Puyallup, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Have stayed there years ago and loved the Venetian so chose it again this trip. A tad disappointed.....................
The rooms are very lovely but peeling wall paper in bathroom, smaller bathrooms and no vanity table like in the "old" Venetian made it cramped there for a group of women trying to get ready for a night out dolled up.
Absolutely hate not having a dresser.. those Ikea style cabinets they use are a joke for any traveler who doesn't want to live out of their suitcase.
Refridge is useless as its stocked too full for any other use and everything is on sensors so you move it you buy it.
Housekeepers are sweet but early morning shouted conversations and door slamming kind of defeated the purpose of paying for late check outs. Bags of linens? trash? along halls at night was a bit surprising for this star level of hotel.
Not the hotels fault on views but paying extra for "view suites" get you great freeway / construction sights with a bit of pool view and no true strip views anymore ( partially due to blockage from new buildings that have gone up.) Despite calling and requesting a better view when making the reservations, the view was terrible, I had talked it up so much and wanted to cry when faced with the results.. Called to ask for a room change and the manager was non- supportive and essentially informed me I was stuck with it.
Times have truly changed for the Venetian in that aspect.

Kudo's to having the most personable and friendly security staff.. Those folks made the stay so pleasant and their friendly manners made you feel safe and very welcome!

If you want a large room, the Venetian still rules the pack but for me, with a smaller party I'd choose the Wynn next time.
Its still a beautiful property but some of the "magic" has truly gone out of it compared to the Venetian of a few years ago.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I did not stay in the hotel but looked around the amenities.
What a magnificent outside with a canal, bell tower, rialto, Doges Palace and splendid ceilings when inside the hotel. Again when walking around the shops there is a false ceiling pretending to be a blue sky.
Had a gondola ride outside and was serenaded by the gondalier.

Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Marrowboy
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team members. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Received a very generous three night comp stay via the Grazie program. Had passed through the Palazzo on my previous stay in the middle of December and bet 25 a hand blackjack for an hour and that's it... was elated at the chance to stay here for free.

Check in process at about 1pm or so on a Tuesday was seamless, although my room wasn't ready immediately so I kinda camped out by the machines and played a little bit. Received a call just a short while later (maybe an hour at most) informing me my room was ready. Hauled my stuff through the casino, up the elevator and down the floor to my room. The room was immaculate and exactly what I imagined having seen photos of the 'Luxury Suites' on the website. The bed was extremely comfortable although lacking in pillows in my opinion, but that's just quibbling. You can always ask for more of those (I didn't). The bathroom was amazing with a whirpool tub and a shower on its own. There was a vanity to the right as you enter. The sinks are magnificent. I am actually not a bathroom person at all, but I was wowed a little.

The casino looks a little run down and quite old. Machines are kind of tossed together haphazardly with not much room to navigate between them. $1 Wheel of fortune machines looked like they were relics from another century. Tables were fun and lively, dealers were very efficient and nice. Pit boss was very accommodating and friendly even when a friend spilled his drink.

Grand Lux cafe was in 'I don't care' mode at about 11PM on a Tuesday night, so I would advise against going there if possible. Grills were shut down and the entire menu was off limits pretty much even though the menu specifically said that items would be available until 12am. Man at the counter was pretty aloof and also in 'I don't care' mode. Order took about 15-20 minutes for a club sandwich... really? On top of it, the fries were not fresh and had clearly been sitting out for an hour or so. I guess in preparation of the shutdown that coincided with my visit. Of course, there aren't a whole lot of options at that time as the food court shuts down PRECISELY at 11 so don't even bother trying to get in a last call there lol. The next night instead of dealing with Grand Lux (I'm a night owl and operate pretty much at night) I went to Noodle Asia by the beautiful and generally perfect poker room, I ordered Kung Pao chicken and a sprite, which cost my THIRTY dollars. I get that Vegas is expensive, but that's just extortion there... especially when you consider the dish, which is supposed to come WITH peanuts, was made entirely OF peanuts with just a side of chicken, which incidentally was delicious. You can do much better than this, Venetian.

I would love to come back next time, but I'll have to adjust my night time habits accordingly as the night time is a bit of an afterthought it seems throughout the casino. Solid 8/10 overall.

Room Tip: Supposedly the Venezia tower is where it's at. All rooms are pretty close to elevators and the...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Chrispythegull
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

As might be expected, one of the very best hotels on the Strip, festooned with marble, statues and terazzo flooring. We stayed for one night only and, truth be told, didn't spend that much time in the hotel as we were out on the strip until late, but an excellent hotel to stay at all the same.
Downsides, if any? Some of the interiors are looking in need of a refresh. The couch in our suite looked a little tatty, and some of the other furnishings not quite up to the standard you would expect based on the lobby and exterior of the hotel, but this is just nit-picking. It's great.

Room Tip: I was keen to do some night-time photography of the strip, but found we were looking in the wrong di...
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing valuable feedback on your recent stay at The Venetian|The Palazzo. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed stay! Still, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Venetian|The Palazzo and our team for your experience during your stay. It concerns me deeply that the furnishings in your suite seemed a bit worn. I have forwarded your comments to the appropriate department, which always welcomes suggestions for improvement.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

Okay, I don't really like Vegas at all. It is an imitation world. A disney-land for adults. But if you love Vegas, you will probably really like this hotel. The grounds are pseudo Italy (way too clean for real Italia), with venetian tower, palace facade, canals and gondoliers. The moving walk takes you up, over and down the "Rialto" Bridge. Once inside, the lobby is substantially grand, with a frescoed ceiling that is quite impressive. The obscure path to the hotel elevators, is quite another thing, as you have to tredge quite a ways through the casino slot machines to get to the elevators The room I had was quite nice, with a luxurious bathroom and nice living space. My travel companion used the spa and was very impressed with it.
We did sit out by the pool one day, and it was nice. The location of the Venetian is really convenient if you have a convention at the Sands Convention Center.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.