“Overall great experience”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We have stayed at the Venetian several times in the past and my family always has a great time staying there. As with our other stays at the Venetian we enjoyed the large room and friendly staff during our stay. The food at the Grand Lux was very good and the lunch we had at the Pinot Brasserie was great. I love the ice tea at the Pinot. The one place we did visit on more than a few occasions was the Tintoretto Bakery. We had a friend travel with us and I think they ate several pounds of cookies. The girls saw the Phantom of the Opera for the second time and thought it was excellent. Since our last visit the walk from the parking deck to the hotel has been remodeled and is much nicer. Overall, it was a great time and wished we could have stayed a few more days.

While at the Venetian I did walk over and get a professional shave at The Palazzo Apothecary. This was my third visit over the last three years and I highly recommend visiting Master Barber, David Mancuso, at the Art of Shaving located at the Apothecary. I find it a very relaxing experience and a perfect way to start off my day. FYI - David is off Sunday and Monday.

We did have a few disappointing issue during our stay. The first was the Food Court food was below average at best but this is outside of the Venetian’s area of responsibility. Second, the sofa in my friend’s room looked too worn and a little ‘dirty’ with buttons missing. This did not meet my expectations for this hotel. Last, the Venetian charges a resort fee of +$20 per day. It is pricy and this has gone up since the last time we stayed.

My family looks forward to our next stay at the Venetian.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank mntcat9
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience at The Palazzo Apothocary with our team members. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and I also appreciate the suggestions you have provided. Please be assured that we do take all feedbacks and suggestions seriously, and we will look into them accordingly. All of us here at The Venetian|The Palazzo look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

Stayed from Sunday April 8 to Friday April 13, nice hotel, big clean rooms. Used the pool was also nice. Found food and drinks pricey. Customer service was very good staff very friendly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team members. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Stayed in venetian 17th march for 7 nights brillant hotel full marks

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 April 2012

My wife, infant son, and mother-in-law stayed at this hotel last Spring. I've traveled all around Italy, and I have to admit that this hotel has a very authentic fell to it. In fact, I've visited Venice before, and I like the Las Vegas Venetian better. The canals are clean and they have this wonderful open shopping area with a false sky (that looks real)! As soon as we pulled into the parking garage, I was enamored by the Venetian style decorations and the smell of Italian American food lingering in the air. The hotel room was very spacious, it had a large bathroom with a flat screen tv and the front desk provided us with a crib for our son. Every morning, the room was restocked with a generous amount of shampoo, conditioner, and lotion, etc...The pool area and surrounding restaurants are fabulous. It was crowded, but we never had to fight for a lounge chair and it was warm enough (not smoldering like Vegas in July) to swim in Late April. At the poolside area, we picked up pizza and an Asian chicken salad from the nearby Wolfgang Puck. Both the salad and pizza were amazingly good! The pool experience would have been almost perfect except one of the lifeguards found what the described as a "Baby Ruth" floating in the pool. Unfortunately, the pool was shut down for several hours, so we left the pool area to go out and explore the rest of Vegas. We sampled the food at the Luxor and Mirage buffet. Within the past five years or so, the entire Luxor & Shahara end of the strip (including the Luxor buffet) has gone downhill, but the Mirage buffet was a pleasant surprise. If (or actually when), I visit Vegas again, I will almost certainly go to the Venetian Hotel, and stay at that end of the Strip.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank FREEDRACK
Reviewed 14 April 2012

This hotel is like a little bite of Italia in the desert! When you get out of your car and there is a man at the door playing the concertina to set the stage, you immediately begin to smile. The rooms (suites actually) are so well appointed, clean, pleasant and comfortable! You can be a pretty far walk from your room when you are in the casino, but every step is one that gives you the sense of beauty and splendor of Venice. The staff is so helpful, courteous and kind! There are several different pools to frequent, the Grand Canal Shoppes (and water feature of the indoor canal) make a gorgeous setting to shop indoors in the cool temperatures. The casino is HUGE. There is a plethora of eating choices, from full sit down and $$$ dining experiences, to picking up a bowl of asian noodles or a quick smoothie.

This hotel is my go-to spot when travelling to Las Vegas. I love the peaceful atmosphere!
Don't forget the shows (blue man group, beatles, etc) and Madame Tussauds. Canyon Ranch Spa makes it simple to schedule a massage or treatment.

This is not the cheapest hotel on the strip - it is not meant to be. But if you are looking for a place that caters to you, is self contained for entertainment and food, and has a great casino - look no further!

Room Tip: I love the Venezia section - it has its own pool, and is quieter still. The only drawback is a long...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank ddhockey

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.

Reviewed 13 April 2012

Our room was massive and the 'extra' lounge was a lovely place to sit and watch tv, if only we had the energy after a full day walking up and down seeing the sights.
The whole hotel was amazing and I loved my stay there.
There were only 3 slight problems to be aware off I think. the first was if you have booked a tour of the Grand Canyon with Maverick Helicopters you are picked up at Ground Transportation. I had never seen a sign for this and assumed it was the normal pick up spot at the front of the hotel where taxi and limos pick up however it was just as well I had left plenty of time because it took many, many enquiries before we found it - miles away from the front door and some other passengers had 'lost' their slot with Maverick the day before due to not finding the right place. We also had difficulty with the front desk people when we asked to check in 24 hours before departure. Lamar on the front desk didnt know how to do this and seemed rather reluctant to listen to me explain how to do it, eventually he managed but because he didn't listen to me, he accepted seats I hadn't chosen and it was too difficult for them to be changed. I was surprised that no-one seemed to know how to do this and yet there wasn't a facility for me to do this myself as I didn't have access to a computer.
Lastly, the hotel is so huge we frequently got lost trying to find our way to the pool, from our tower or from unknown areas of the hotel back to the room however the ever present security people were always on hand, with a smile, to point us in the right direction.
If you are looking for luxury - this is the place to be.

Room Tip: My room didn't have a great view as it was at the back of Venezia Tower ( 6 - 518), however it...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank carlynhill
Reviewed 13 April 2012

There is nothing I do not like about the Venetian. I have stayed here several times, the Palazzo once, and several other Strip hotels and after this last visit, I believe it is my new home away from home. They have a great staff, their casino is huge, the Grand Canal Shoppes have a nice atmosphere even if you are not shopping, the suites are huge…I could go on and on. During past stays I have always stayed in their Luxury 650 square foot suites but this time I treated myself to a Prima suite which is 1500 square feet and just awesome. I did laugh the first time I entered the room as there is a bathroom right off the entrance. I guess for when you just can’t make it all the way to the master bath. There are tons of restaurants and I loved FIRST Food & Bar. Canyon Ranch Spa is gigantic. The employees throughout the Venetian – hotel, restaurants, spa, shops, etc., are very friendly and professional. I cannot say enough good things about the Venetian.

Room Tip: The Prima suite is definitely a treat.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for allowing us to host you during your recent visit and for taking the time to share your experience. We are humbled to have received such thoughtful comments, for there really is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Your feedback is a testament and reflection of the continued success of The Venetian|The Palazzo’s diligent strides towards personalized and second-to-none service and for our clear and paramount five-diamond vision.

Once again we genuinely thank you for your time and for your kind words, the words that have reminded us of our agreement, ability and empowerment to continue our pursuit of providing our guests with nothing less than the best. And for that, we are forever grateful.