“Venetian is a high end resort! Great place to bring your girlfriend..goon guy friends..not so much”

The Venetian Las Vegas
Ranked #10 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2012

My wonderful girlfriend brought me to Las Vegas in November 2011 for her work conference. I must say the place is world class and boasts a mirror image area replicating Italy. You can go for a gondola ride and feel like you're in Italy.

The hotel is first class. The interior design is classy and beautiful. You feel like royalty . Our suites were fantastic. The hotel plays the music from Phantom of the Opera 24/7 so you might be sick of it by the end of your trip. The staff was friendly and accommodating.

They have a nice pool. We did swim but it was quite cool out.

The Casino is standard and has the largest poker room on the strip. I lost quite a bit there…..

I personally, would not have a bachelor party at this location as it's too nice ( MGM, Planet Hollywood, Ceasers are all better locations) but it's a "romantic" place to be with that special someone. I would return.

In Summary, Venetian Resort Hotel Casino was a great place and I enjoyed my time there. The place is beautiful with amazing interior design and service. The Casino is world class and everyone feels like royality who stays there. I would not recommend this place to a group of wild goons at a bachelor party. It's too classy.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank Aaron B
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.

The Venetian|The Palazzo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,801)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Awesome! Lovely room with comfy Sealy Posturpedic bed. Lovely sunken living room. Very clean and luxurious. Wonderful all round. Bring your bathing suit because the pool is not to be missed. The staff, including the casino dealers are great.

Room Tip: Luxury Suite has a King bed.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank sarahalta
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

frisco
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Our family enjoyed our stay there during the summer. The room was large and we loved the court yard pool. We also visited there large pool but we preferred the smaller pool where we can keep an eye on our kids.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

New York
Reviewed 25 April 2012

I recommend staying at the venetian. My boyfriend and I went during columbus day weekend and the weather was excellent!!! The pool is decent. The rooms are very nice. The gondola ride was nice, however very pricey!!! They don't allow you to use your own camera they have someone take a professional picture for you and charge you 20 dollars per picture!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Dear Guest,

First and foremost, thank you for allowing us to host you during you visit to Las Vegas over the past Columbus Day holiday. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your suite, pool and gondola ride.

We certainly value your patronage and look forward to your return.

nashville
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This is a Beautiful Hotel with wonderfully large room we went at Christmas the living room was able to sit comfortablly 8 people we did eat at the Mexican resturant We ate ate other RESTURANTS related to the price but the Hotel is Beautiful and the staff very nice We Lived it would stay there again when in town

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank andypandaNashville

York, United Kingdom

**Background to our stay**
We spent six days in Las Vegas in July last year and decided to stay at the Venetian, it was a toss up between that and the Bellagio, but after several people said to us "lots of older people in the Bellagio" we decided that perhaps the Venetian was more suited to us as mid-20 somethings.

**The Hotel**
The hotel is ENORMOUS. The entire complex comprises of The Venetian and The Pallazo next door. In the middle is a huge shopping centre/food arcade etc. I would honestly say it was as big as the Trafford Centre and much much taller. Because of the size, personally I found trying to get anywhere just took forever. From our room, we walked down a long corridor to the lifts, took the lifts 30 floors down then walked through the lift lobby and into the casino. That typically took 10-15 minutes which doesn't sound long, but it really naffed me off every time I forgot something in the room or if I wanted breakfast or if they refused to let me charge food to my room card without presenting my passport (weird!) and naturally I had not got the passport with me. All in all, I hated the fact it was so big, but seriously, the whole of Las Vegas is like that, crossing a road seems to take 20 minutes due to people traffic, road bridges, car traffic and traffic lights. You aint going nowhere fast.

Equally, we never did find out where the "official" restaurant was and tended to eat in the food courts next to the casino because they were cheaper and more convenient. Bonus points for having a cupcake shop by the lifts. Not so good for putting weight on me though! :)

In terms of decor, it is stunning. Marble everywhere, ornate ceilings, dripping with "gold" everywhere. It does feel really luxurious and it is very clean. The size of the thing just drove me mad.

**The Room**
The room again is ENORMOUS! We paid about $120 per night which considering what we had paid elsewhere on our roadtrip was very good value for the size of the room. There was a living area and upper level with a MASSIVE Californian King Bed (bigger than king size in the UK), two TV's, the bathroom was exquisite with marble everywhere, a TV in the bathroom and a phone in the toilet. Never know who might ring when your spending a penny! We had a great view of the volcano across the road and watched it erupt many times from our hotel room.

**Location on the Strip**
In terms of location, it is dead central; BUT the bottom half of the strip is being re-developed so we didn't go further down than the Venetian, therefore we felt as though we were technically at the end of the strip (even if we weren't). If you want to stay central of the good part of the strip, stay in the Bellagio.

**Staff**
The staff seemed generally friendly, a few issues with luggage not being delivered to our room for several hours, two phonecalls later (from the toilet phone ha ha!) and it was sorted with deepest apologies.

**Casino**
The casino was brilliant, one of my favourites which was lucky as we spent quite a good proportion of time in there (air conditioned compared to 40 degrees outside!). Lots of tables, lots of slots but not as many free drinks as is typically reported about Vegas (that goes for all hotels)

**Pool area**
The pool area was stunning HOWEVER, they should absolutely ban smoking around and IN the pool. I got fed up being choked to death by cigar smoke. You can have a free sunbed which were canvas and comfy OR you can pay for a cabana a little private-ish hut - we enquired just for a giggle and they were $300. The girl didn't seem too amused when I asked if that was for a week....no it was for a day! Eek! I did feel "poor" sometimes as this hotel was a massive treat for our honeymoon and there were lots of people about with lots of money! Drinks girls are round frequently but service was quite slow. At the weekends, Vegas just gets crazy. Venetian has pool parties and loud DJs which you have to pay extra for (Tao Beach) - lots of drunk youngsters about at the weekend though which detracted from the overall feel of the hotel. My favourite part of the pool was next door where you can walk through to the Pallazzo and there are sunbeds IN THE POOL - cool off whilst you tan, what more could you ask for?!

**Overall Impression**
The size drove me scatty, I'm not sure any of the other hotels would be any better and the fact it took me ages to find breakfast in the mornings wasn't so great. I did like the hotel a lot but due to the location would probably stay at the Bellagio next time even though I think the Venetian is actually nicer in terms of decor. The room and the sunbeds in the pool were my favourite part!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dollydaydream84
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your host during our recent visit to Las Vegas. I am delighted to hear that your overall impression of the hotel was a positive one.

I would like to thank you for sharing the details of your experience. It is through communication, such as yours, that we’re better able to monitor and improve services for our guests.

We value your patronage and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to host you in the future.

Western US
Reviewed 24 April 2012

We've stayed at the Venetian and Palazzo many times and have always loved the experience. This stay was a disappointment. The room at the Venetian was wonderful (as always), comfortable bed, nice amenities, etc. The problem was noise. We asked for a quiet room on a high floor. We were put on the 26th floor, overlooking the pools. Terrible. Well, only terrible if you don't enjoy listening the the loud thumping bass of the music from Tao Beach all day. I don't. I requested a room change on Sunday, but that wasn't possible. Was going to change rooms on Monday, but then was assured the noise would not be a problem during the week - so didn't bother (a retrospective mistake). Noise level was fine on Monday, but today, not so much. Good news is that it ends at 6:00 or so. Bad news is that enjoying a quiet nap or reading in the room in the afternoon was not in the cards. I suppose for most people this would not be a problem - only a problem if you want to enjoy some afernoon quiet time in the room. Lesson learned - don't get a room in the Venetian facing the pools in summer (no matter how high up) if you are senstive to noise. I actually prefer the Palazzo, so next time we'll stay there or not stay at all. Other downside of this stay was the construction going on in the casino. Not only was the room not so pleasant, but the casino too had the sounds of construction. Like I said, not a great stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cambria2002
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your host during our recent visit to Las Vegas. While I am happy to hear that you enjoyed certain aspects of your stay, it is disheartening to learn that your afternoons were disturbed by the music from TAO Beach. Please rest assured that we will forward your comments to TAO Management for their review.

We certainly value your patronage and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to host you in the future.