“Venetian in Las Vegas”

GreenLeadersGold level
Westminster, Maryland
“Venetian in Las Vegas”
Reviewed 29 April 2012

One of the items on my mother's bucket list was to make a trip to Las Vegas and the beautiful Venetian is truly the creme de la creme and made the trip a fun and memorable one! Fodor travel guide lists the Venetian as one of its top 5 choices - and we strongly agreed. The entire hotel is HUGE - the entrance and is magnificent and you feel like you are in Italy. There are enough shops and restaurants, that you didn't need to leave the building. Don't miss the gondala ride - a fun experience and wonderful singing.The hotel was spotless! The suites were spacious, clean, and truly elegant. The bathroom was like a mini spa! The queen size beds were firm and very comfortable. The swimming pools and surrounding areas were very exotic and beautifully landscaped. Never did we feel like we were in the middle of a desert. Also, the Venetian has a prime location, we could walk practically everywhere we wanted to go. This was our first visit to Vegas and even after walking through numerous other hotels, we all agreed we would come back the Venetian again.

Room Tip: Our room overlooked the hotel roof - but we spent so little time in our room it didn't matter.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Janice276
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your positive experience. We are so honored to have been on your mother's bucket list and that she truely enjoyed her stay! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest.

Your comments have been shared with the respective department heads so they may, in turn, share your experience with their team members. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

The Venetian|The Palazzo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,689)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Wilsonville, Oregon
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I booked our stay here because of it's 5 star rating, and we wanted the best....but I'm disapointed over a few items of customer service.
PROS:
Fantastic property! Great views of the strip. Interior of main halls and lobby are incredible! Soft beds, large bathrooms, and love the sunken living rooms. Pools are clean and inviting. Spa is the best that I have seen...period!
Shops were close by and the canals were a nice touch.
CONS:
Upon checking in, I was told that our room did not have a view, and that she would move us to a room with a view. I thought, great! But upon checkout, I had to pay an upgrade fee for this. It wasn't the money, it was the point of the matter.
No one told us that half of the casino was under construction and limited on access, and the constant noise of it. This would have been good to know ahead of time.
As you walk through the halls, you will always see the staff cleaning EVERYTHING......which was good. But in the room, we noticed layers of dust on the top of headboard, nightstands, and vents that were in need of paint. I know that this is picky, but it always makes you wonder what else they didn't clean. Photos are enclosed.
I would suggest a site map be placed in every room for the guests. This place is huge and easy to get lost. We didn't even find some of the restaurants until the last days due to construction hiding the entrances.
At each entrance, you will find "Vultures" coming up to you and wanting you to sign up to see another venue in exchange for "Cheap" show tickets. At first I was polite in saying no, but after the 38th time (Not kidding here), I became down right rude! I am suprised that a 5 star hotel would alow this on their property. We came here for the luxury and privacy.....this is something I would expect at the Rio, not the Venetion.
But my biggest complaint came on the last day. We had placed the "Convenience menu" out on the door knob for an early morning meal before our flight, we waited the next morning for our meal to arrive, only to find that they never picked it up. We had to scramble down to find a meal quickly, before we had to leave. When I told the front desk of the error, they didn't seem to care.

So overall it was a good getaway, and the stay was enjoyable. Just need more help in the customer service area, if they expect to compete with some of the "Up and coming" new ones being built.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a view or it won't happen
9 Thank JohnSimonis
Manchester
Reviewed 27 April 2012

We have arrived at the beautiful Venetian Resort today and it is truely large and magnificent with all the decorative splendours it claims to have. First check in we were served by a lovely girl, who asked the reason for our stay...Anniversary/Business . our room was allocated and off we went... arrived in room ( we did request a lower floor as I have M.S) Room was delightful until you looked out of the window... directly onto grey ugly air conditioning units also rather noisy! after a call to see if we could change ... only possible if we pay extra I was very Dissappointed as I know I will be spending a good amount of my time in the room. We followed up by going to the front desk , who did manage to change our room , to the 11th floor exactly the same view just higher :-/ Working in the travel Industry and sending many customers to quality hotels and resorts including this that are not cheap , I understand how issues such as views , noise, etc can be disappointing especially when you have travelled in excess of 10 hours! I would definately request rooms away from these horrendous units in advance and it does appear that the higher rooms are better! I am here for a week so let's see what that brings ....

Room Tip: Away from air conditioning units and higher floor ..Less mobile should request closer to the lifts...
9 Thank Gipos
PA_GuestRelations2, Guest Relations Manager at The Venetian Las Vegas, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing The Venetian as your host during our recent visit to Las Vegas. While I am happy to hear that your initial impression of the hotel was wonderful, it is disheartening to learn that the view from your suite was unsatisfactory.

I would like to thank you for sharing the details of your experience. It is through communication, such as yours, that we’re better able to monitor and improve services for our guests.

We value your patronage and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to host you in the future. When you plan a return visit to Las Vegas, please contact our office directly and we will be delighted to assist you in coordinating a suite with a magnificent view.

Kind regards,

Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Have stayed here for vacation for nearly a week and as hotel employee know exactly what to expect from a hotel.
The suites are awesome. Their standard room already has 70 square metres in size, the bathroom alone occupies 15 square metres which leave enough space for double sink, a powder mirror, separate shower and bath and WC.
The hardware is really exceptional, so many choices of restaurants, shows, shops, the casino floor, you can literally spend a weekend without leaving the building.
The soft skills however could be improved. Asked for concierge services like to print out an e-mail and that took them 5 hours. As it was already my third time in Vegas I wanted to rent a car and drive out to the Grand Canyon since I already experience the helicopter tour. The agent was not really interested in letting me to rent a car, but wanted me to take the helicopter tour again since it was the fastest way. I finally booked the rental car over the net and had a great day tour with a 400 horse powered Camaro :-)
Overall hotel is one of a kind, will definitely come back if there is a good deal. Should you wish a personalized service, probably one of the "smaller" hotels such as Mandarin Oriental would suit you much better.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Jean Pascal B
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your suite and because of the restaurants, shows and shops featured on property, you almost found it unnecessary to leave the building. However, I was disappointed to learn that you encountered challenges when being assisted by our Concierge. Please be assured that your comments will be forwarded to the appropriate leadership to for review.

We certainly value your patronage and look forward to your return.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 26 April 2012

It's a gorgeous hotel beautiful from the inside ! We loved it ! Just make sure to put some running shoes coz that hotel is huge ! We got lost in it ;)

Room Tip: We had a suite and it was very big and comfortable
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank leya_10
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words and feedback! There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. It was my pleasure to share your positive experience with our team members. They truly appreciate hearing from satisfied guests like you, and we all look forward to your return.

Stockport
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Venetian. We stayed in the Venezia Tower, it was a long walk to and from the main pool and reception taking two lifts to get there and back but it was well worth it because our suite was lovely. My only complaint is that there were no tea and coffee making facilities in the room and I would have expected this in a 5*star hotel especially as there were dressing gowns which you would also expect. I wake early and my husband much later so to be able to make a cuppa for myself and not have to call room service would have made this perfect.

3 Thank Valerious
Dear Guest,

We truly appreciate that you have so graciously allowed us the opportunity to learn about your recent experience, and I also appreciate the suggestions you have provided. Please be assured that we do take all feedbacks and suggestions seriously, and we will look into them accordingly. All of us here at the Venetian|The Palazzo look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The rooms are great, large and well decorated.

The service is as good as you would expect in a US Casino.

The gym is big and well stocked.

Public house is a great bar.
Samba Sushi is really great, and good value.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank lnstphns
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your positive experience. There is no greater satisfaction, as a customer service professional, than receiving kind words from a valued guest. Rest assured that your comments have been shared with the appropriate department heads, so they may in turn, share your wonderful compliments with their team members. I am confident that each department will delight in knowing that they contributed to the enjoyment of your stay and we all look forward to your return.