“A Great Stay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Oxenford, Australia
“A Great Stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

We recently stayed in a spa suite at the Monte Carlo (April 2 to April 16). When checking in we were told our requested room (smoking spa suite) was not available but they would put us in a non-smoking spa suite and provide us with ashtrays so we could smoke, and would move us to a smoking room in a couple of days. No problems at all for us and the girl checking us in was pleasantly surprised we didn't kick up a fuss about it. I couldn't see any reason to make a fuss - we still got what we paid for so no need to complain about it.

The staff were all friendly and helpful, and a special thank you to Linda at the Concierge desk who very efficiently helped me out with a dentist the day after our arrival when I was in a lot of pain.

The spa suite was great and we utilised the spa many times, especially after a big day of walking. The maid service was efficient and the room clean. The bed was simply divine - so comfortable and since I've been home my own bed doesn't seem so great any more. Having a fridge was very handy and although I don't drink coffee my husband used the coffee machine every morning. The first room we were in on the 30th floor didn't have wifi but once we got moved to the 26th floor there was free wifi in the room so that was a bonus.

Both of our rooms were close to the lifts so we didn't have to walk down the long hallways. We never had to wait long for the elevators and I liked that the Monte Carlo is not so big that it takes a long time to get from one end to the other. It was easy to pop up to the room to grab a jacket if it got a little chilly in the casino.

We utilised the food court a couple of times which was handy, and also ate at The Cafe, The Pub and Brand Steakhouse, all of which were great. The free tram to Bellagio was also a great feature and we used this a number of times to save some time in getting further up the strip.

We ordered room service twice and on both occasions delivery of our order was swift and the food was good.

Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful which is a great asset for the Monte Carlo. I would have no hesitation in staying at the Monte Carlo again in the future, although for our next trip we will probably stay somewhere else just to have a different experience.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Foo_21

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,176)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

This was my fourth stay in Vegas, and my first time at Monte Carlo. It was basic and average, but it's what I paid for. The location is ok - much better now that there is the tram to Bellagio - that saved TONS of time (and sore feet). The staff were nice - although the housekeeping walked into the room at 8:30am TWICE after briefly knocking and not waiting for a response. Could hear her all the way down the hall yelling "housekeeping!". The "DND" signs kept disappearing from the rooms too. Fairly annoying in Vegas. Very much a family hotel. Probably wouldn't stay here again. But it wasn't terrible. The gym and the spa were fantastic! Definitely check them out. Lazy river is good - but only if it's not filled with splashing children.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Taryn77
Toronto ON
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2012

I'm 76 and a senior on a pension. My wife & I are travelling to Las Vegas May26-June 2 2012.
From the switchboard to the concierge to the front desk they have all taken time to answer all my inquiries politely. In addition they have guaranteed me a small frig for my meds (usually a $25.00 per day charge) for no cost as well as a room not too distanced from the elevators.
We cant wait to stay at the Monte Carlo.

Room Tip: Speak to the concierge
Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank grundn
Columbia, South Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed Wednesday, 4/11 and Thursday, 4/12 with our two teenagers. We are M-Life members and have previously enjoyed stays at New York, New York, however, we wanted a better pool experience for the kids so decided to try the Monte Carlo. We made reservations several months in advance specifically for a diamond suite because my husband and I wanted a door to our bedroom that we could close (and have some rare down time from the kids), not to mention the spa tub. Of course, a diamond suite was mysteriously not available when we checked in, but the desk clerk offered to "upgrade" us to their "Hotel 32" - the high floor, "elite" rooms. Sure, fine, let's give it a try. Initial impression in terms of decor and maintenance is good but the room itself clearly did not meet our needs. There was no separation or door between the bed and the sleeping sofa, there was no spa tub, and the room itself was smaller. The piece de resistance was when I sat on the bed to call down to the front desk; I looked down at the floor near my feet and there were several finger or toe nail clippings laying there. YUCK! Needless to say, they did eventually find us a diamond suite after more than an hour of runaround. They claimed the suite wasn't ready earlier because the carpet was being cleaned, but the carpet didn't feel damp to us. They did waive the resort fee, which was the least they could have done under the circumstances. The diamond suite we finally got was exactly what we needed in terms of size for our family. The bed was excellent but the pull-out sofa was a torture rack on springs. Decor and feel of the room was a bit run down.
We did not have great weather but we were determined to spend time at the pool area, since that was the main attraction for our kids. The pools were nice and my daughters would probably say we should go back, because they are not the ones who pay the bills. My husand and I had a difficult time finding a group of chairs for the family; the pool closed way to early at 6 pm; and we were not allowed to bring ANY outside food or beverages in (like my vitamin water in a plastic bottle) and the bar charged ridiculously high prices for drinks. And the pool food? Well, plan to be hungry because you can't bring in your own food and the service took about an hour. Everyone around us was complaining about the food service and we overheard the manager of the area being rather defensive to another couple (so much for trying to keep the customers happy). The only other restaurant we ate at on-site was Diablo's, the food was pretty good but service was so-so.
In terms of the casino, I play a lot of slots and my husband does too, although he mixes in a bit of Blackjack or Roulette. The "comps" we earned from our gambling at the Monte Carlo were decidely stingy compared to what we have received in the past at NY, NY.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mollyfhenry
Middlebury, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed here five nights in mid-April while attending a conference. Check-in was a breeze, with a standard room on the 20th floor. Accommodations were good (I understand the place is showing some wear, but think of how many guests stay at this place during a given year!). I've read several complaints about housekeeping at the Monte Carlo, but I had no issues (just tip them every day and you'll be fine). Didn't care much about my view, but had a great room with a view of the pool. I do agree that the music is quite loud at the pool (I didn't use the pool but could hear the music on the 20th floor, with my window closed!). What I really like about the Monte Carlo is that it doesn't take you forever to get to your room, and most importantly, it is quiet. I had many restful nights of sleep. Will be staying here again next time I am in Vegas.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank dr0823
Toledo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was impressed with how much space we had in our Strip view room. Plenty of room for my wife and me. Check in was good and I requested a non-smoking strip room. The check in agent said I could have a strip view non smoking room on the 11th floor. I said that would be great. Everything was clean and in good shape. However, the view is not very good from the strip rooms because what your eyes go to is the roof below and the huge supply of air conditions and other equipment. Plus, the new City Center blocks the classic "strip view" you hope to see.
Drink service in casino is good, everyone seemed very friendly, and the games offered are decent.

Room Tip: Strip view is not amazing at this hotel. Pool or mountain view may be an improvement.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ToledoMrD
Big D
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Very basic room, bathrooms needed updated, rooms need to be updated, stay at Aria if you want more in the room. Food good, Golf even better!!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends