Tropicana Las Vegas - A DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Ranked #95 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
arizona
“Great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

We stayed two nights in February and loved the upgrade. The casino & hotel were updated, open & airy. Front desk staff were very helpful & friendly. We had a regular room and it was clean and nice. We reserved through priceline at a discounted rate and weren't expecting much. Far exceeded our expectations. Great bed and quiet room. Will definately stay again!

1 Thank globaldave1

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,634)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

1. They have a hidden "resort fee" for $14.99 a day.
2. They closed the pool down.....and then we got kicked out of the hot tub one day. They didn't have any lawn chairs out. So much for going somewhere to enjoy the sunshine.
3. The location is noisy. Close to the hospitals so you hear the sirens and ambulances all night long.

I will not be staying here again and would not recommend it.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jen H
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

I decided to play tourist in celebration of my 50th birthday and booked Sat and Sun nights at the Trop. Room was very clean, bed super comfortable, shower nice and hot. I enjoyed a great steak and lobster meal in the steak restaurant which the name eludes me. I had a nice run of good luck at the machines, especially the sports bar poker machines. Overall I enjoyed my stay, just wish they had pai gow tables outside where the action was as opposed to the high limit area because never saw one player there.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Frankfurt, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

Ok, so first of all this review is long overdue. I wanted to write this right after I got back from my trip, but somehow never found the time to do it and eventually forgot about it.

Our (my grandma and me) stay at the Tropicana was in June 2011 and my graduation gift.
In the preperation process for the trip I contacted Nicole Marshall whether it would be possible to receive a room upgrade, since it was going to be my first time in Las Vegas, which she confirmed after a few days. Thank you very much, Mrs. Marshall!

When we arrived at the Tropicana the first inconvenience was the fact that we waited in line for about 50 minutes although there were only 3 other guests in line before us. I think that 2 employees at the check-in desk are just not enough for a hotel with over 1400 rooms.
When we finally stood in front of the lady that would check us in, she kept looking for our reservation in the system. It took her another 15 minutes to actually find it. Unfortunately she told us we would have to stay in a smoking room for our first night, because there was no other Strip View Room available at this time.
Well, we weren't lucky about that, but there was nothing we could do about it.
We were told to come down in the morning again, to check if another Strip View Room is available. The room we got the next day was great and made up for
Besides this there was just one other unpleasant incident one day before out check-out. My grandma asked at the Concierge desk, if there was any possibility to weigh our luggage, so we wouldnt have to pay an extra fee at the airport. She was told "Of course, just bring down your suitcase and we will put it on a scale." So, that's what she did... But instead of actually getting a scale, the lady at the Concierge desk apparently couldn't remember that she said that and told my grandma that there was no way to weigh her suitcase. When my grandma told me about that I couldnt believe it, so we both went down there with our luggage and suddenly the lady seemed to remember what she said and it was no problem at all to check the weight of our suitcases. I don't know if this was just a misunderstanding or if employees just like to kid around ?!

Nevertheless, apart from this everything was really nice. The renovated rooms are fabulous and the beds are really comfortable!
The pool area was a nice place to relax and catch some sun and the Southbeach Marketplace is a pleasant place to get a snack or a tasteful breakfast.
I really recommend this hotel, because now, with the renovated rooms I think it really can compete with other big hotels on the Strip.
Next time I will be in Vegas, there is a high probability that I will choose the TROPICANA again!

PS: Although I am from Germany I decided to write this review in English, because this way there are more people I might be able to help with this.
If there are any further questions, feel free to contact me.

Room Tip: Try to get a strip view room on the upper levels.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank DatBoiD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

My kids and I went to the tropicana for a vacation and stayed in a great economy room for 4 days. The pools there are awesome they have several pools and one pool has a swim up black jack table that you can sit all day at and drink for free. watch out though because as you get drunk you will dehydrate and then all the chlorine will soak into your body and your hangover is going to be toxic. Anyway the rooms were great, comfortable beds. if you bring kids you can keep an eye on them in the same pool as it winds all over the grounds it awesome. You can rent inner tubes for the pool and swim through the water fall. It was just great love it.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank tangles762000
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

The hotel itself was very nice and the room was great. We were on the 3rd floor of the Club Tower. We were glad that the windows opened in our room though because the smell of smoke would come in intermittently through the air conditioner. It happened a couple of times during our first night and then during the day off and on so we just turned it off and used the windows for fresh air. If it was in the hotter season it would not have worked as well and our stay would have been unpleasant, As well, there were people smoking on the same floor so at times the corridor was filled with the smell of smoke. I really think that the hotel should designate floors as non smoking to make the stay for the non smokers as pleasant as it is for the smokers. Also, if you are not fond of the smell of suntan lotion (coconut and vanilla) you might find the scent a little much as it's pumped into the casino / hotel. Quite unpleasant when mixed with smoke in the casino
We found the location ok for us as we had a car. It is convenient to the monorail / tram and to the bus. Would stay again as it was not as busy a location on the strip from a traffic perspective. Very easy to get around and very close to the airport and major freeways

Room Tip: If you don't mind a good walk to your room, the Club Tower is fine. There is another tower much...
Lismore, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

The new renovation has made it nice and clean and pretty good value for the position. Not sure about been hit up with a $15/ day resort fee on top of the room rate for a pool and spa that are closed- very cheeky! Room was okay but you'd expect that after a reno.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends