“Fantastic Value”

GreenLeadersGold level
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Value”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We stayed at this hotel from April 5th - April 15th and it was one of the best rooms ive ever stayed in. Booked through lowcost usa and only paid £60 for two adults per night and it was a deluxe room. Lovely big rooms, lovely big bathrooms, nice big tv and beds are ever so comfy!

Pool is massive and lovely, which is why i picked here - however you have to be up early to get the best sunspots as many go in the shade as the sun circles round the complex. It opens at 8 and we were down most mornings at 8 - collected our complimentary pool towels (that are clearly old bathrooms towels, some ripped, but it doesnt matter) and reserve your space - however i will warn you that at peak times, if the pool attendants note you have not been back for a while they will remove your towels, fair enough i say.

The best all day sun spots are the big rows near the walk-up bar and restuarant, sun got on about 10 - 4. Drinks around the pool are expensive, we used the hotel shop and saved a fair bit.

We ate a few times in the hotel, the deli was ok but a bit of a rip-off, the coffee bean sandwiches were lovely and fresh, we also had a pizza from the california pizza kitchen, it was nice but small and quite expensive for what it was when you could have got one half the price from the casino royale over the road.

We ate at BLT which was lovely and cravings buffett was gorgous (we only had the breakfast one) but it was all very clean and fresh....

Room Tip: strip or pool views are good
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,494)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
england
Reviewed 26 April 2012

Check-in was a nightmare, it was very hectic, people really don't know how to queue here, kids everywhere (this was at midnight so already tired). The rooms are nice and spacious, bathroom a tad on the small side. The actual hotel is quite overcrowded from the moment you enter until you reach your room. Whenever you go down from your room its like stepping into a wind tunnel except with people, so a people tunnel. I would have preferred that area to be less crowded so you don't feel overwhelmed first thing in the morning. Also the clientele is on the "just turned legal" age group, which i have surpassed lol. The strip area is very busy at this intersection. Its still good but again way too many people to even allow you to breathe. The mall and Ceasers forum were the main benefits to staying here.

Several times we were woken up at 5 in the morning by drunk people knocking on the door. Also you could smell weed in the hallways, very strong. Not sure why this isn't dealt with.

Not great restaurants inside the hotel. Casino is good. Tram to TI is also worthwhile.

I have previously stayed at Luxor and MGM at the southern side of the strip. I never had a problem with them and enjoyed my stays. They have more food options. Room at MGM was equivalent to Mirage, Luxor was not as nice. Casino at MGM is better and Mandalay also is nice.

I would not stay at Mirage again, I would either pick MGM, Luxor or Manadalay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank sam555
Santa Monica, CA
Reviewed 25 April 2012

This is the 3rd year I've stayed at this property while attending a convention at the LVCC; I select the Mirage since it's a shorter taxi ride to the Convention Center.

The rooms are comfortable with nice beds but it seems like every time I've stayed at the Mirage there has been a problem with the A/C working properly. I do love the i-pod/alarm, work area and there are several good mirrors (ladies know how important this is for business).

Unfortunately I enjoy ordering room service during business travel to save time. I can shower, dry my hair and handle correspondence/phone calls while eating breakfast in my room. At the Mirage my breakfast of toast, fruit and coffee was approximately $30 each morning!! It's also one of the properties where if you dare touch anything in the minibar you're charged for it so you can't stash a small carton of milk for cereal to save money.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Debra K
ct
Reviewed 25 April 2012 via mobile

I liked it here fine enough but wasnt totally impressed.
Pros-i loved the secret garden!!!
Rooms were pretty nice
Service seemed good
Right on strip of course
Saw ray Romanos show in the theatre!! Fun!

Cons-
Very very crowded and busy
Partiers everywhere (we stood in looong line for checkin and a weird drunk guy wouldnt leave me alone) however most ppl go to party and this is normal for vegas but im no partier so it bugged me even tho i expected it. Not my thing. I was there for sights, walking around and shows mostly.
Wasnt as impressive as other hotels in area. I wished i stayed at belagio or wynn..or venetian!!
Pool looked very crowded and noisy when i saw it tho i didnt go to it. Full of ppl drinking and smoking
Food didnt impress me at all tho service was nice
Didnt love the decorating at all anywhere in entire place. Seemed dark or something also didnt seem as open, light and airy as other hotels we walked to. I felt a bit claustrophobic.

Basically if u are there for partying and gambling which u probably are then this is the place for you. I liked it but just sort of wish it was a tad nicer or more glitzy maybe. If you want a nicer hotel that is more quiet and if you can afford it try the venetian. Its gorgeous!!!

Also I did get food poisoning really badly and will note that when my husband called to extend our stay because i was so sick i couldnt leave room (missed flight and everything) they were nice and accomodating! No problems! Very nice. I will also note i dont know where the food poisoning came from but i dont think it was from food at the mirage based on timing. I think it was a buffet elsewhere. I cant be sure where though and It was awful!!!!

Basically i cant say my stay was bad. It was good It just disnt stand out in any way except the secret garden filled with awesome animals and the dolphins were great too!!!!!! But you can come from a nicer hotel to see the secret garden I wouldnt be bummed if i had to stay here again but i wouldnt be jumping and leaping with excitemment either. It was okay.

• Stayed June 2011
Eastvale, California
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Rang in the new year at the Mirage Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas. Fantastic expierience, providing you don't mind crowds. The hotel is yop notch with all the ammenities. little pricy because of the holiday but still worth it. We had dinner at "Fin" the high end Chinese restaurant and it was the best Chinese food we ever had. I will definatly be staying in this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank King J
Clearwater, Florida
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We booked a room at the Mirage for the first week of March Madness. I opted for the upgraded room and loved the direct elevators to the top floors. Check in was quick, but the front desk clerk had no interest in helping me with questions and just wanted to get me my keys and move on. The room was fine, could use a bit of upgrading. The furnishings were getting a bit worn out. Dressers and tables had nicks and wear marks. The bathroom was nice but the towels had a terrible burnt smell. This was really unsatisfactory for a resort hotel. When you take a shower to get the smoke smell off from the casino, the last thing you need is a towel that smells like it was dried at a much too high temperature. As for the casino, I always like the Mirage, friendly dealers and overall a good crowd. We did encounter a very rude bartender near the sorts book. He told me I MUST bet max bets on video poker to get a drink. I have never been treated this way in by any bar staff during my 20 plus visits to Vegas. The sports book was great to place a bet but no so much to watch the games. I placed my bets early in the am and then went to the Venetian, Cosmo, and Aria to watch the games. Overall the Mirage is fine but not outstanding. A fun place to gamble but getting old compared to the flashy new places.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
New York
Reviewed 25 April 2012

It was a great hotel. We went for a long weekend. It's towards the end of the strip right across from The Venetian. It was very clean and nice. I had a lot of fun. I would definitely stay there again if I went back to Vegas.

Room Tip: We faced the strip, I suggest you get a room facing the strip so you can see all the lights at night...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple