My wife and I just returned from staying 2 nights at the Mirage. Overall it was a good trip, but there were a few things that could have been better.
First, the minuses- Volcano was out of order. I was really excited about seeing that and no one informed us before or during the trip (I had to ask). Another minus was the room. It's nicely decorated, but our room (9044) needed some touch ups and the bathroom ceiling had bubbles as though there was a leak above (we could hear water dripping above the bubbles and I did call it in to the front desk). Another minus is the tv. I know that people don't go to Vegas to watch tv and the point is to discourage you from just sitting in your room, but the quality of this HDTV was bad (only 6 or 8 HD channels) and the choices were bad too. Even though we didn't spend a lot of time in our room, it is nice to wake up, relax in a nice bed and watch tv or unwind at night doing the same. Another minus was that there was no coffee maker in the room. I've worked in the hotel industry and travelled many, many times and that's a first.
On the dining options within the Mirage, there are both pluses and minuses. A big plus would be the options and quality of the food. Although we only ate at Fin, California Pizza Kitchen and the Frozen Yogurt Place (morning crepes!), all were quality and the rest of the restaurants looked just as good and the reviews seemed to back this up.
The big minus was the lack of vegetarian options. I realize that is a very small portion of the clientele, but my wife just happens to be one who fits in that small section. You would think that each restaurant would have at least 2 options besides salad and vegetable sides. Fin did a great job of providing my wife with a few options and what she chose was delicious (tofu and mushroom clay pot with broccoli). I had the seafood lo mein which also was fantastic and the service was great too.
It was also a shame that 2 locations were closed (BB Kings and Kokomo), and even though a new restaurant was being constructed while we were there, it also provided a bit of an eye sore off the lobby. I too realize that the winter months are probably the best time to do these kinds of changes (volcano repair/tune up and install new restaurant), but it's still not ideal to stay at a place while this is happening.
One thing we did love was the show LOVE by Cirque du Soleil. It was simply amazing. And the store outside the theater is a "don't miss" if you are a Beatles fan.
I would have liked to try the buffet (again, not enough vegetarian options), Japanois and the Carnegie Deli, maybe next time when I stay at a different location.
The last plus was the visit to see the dolphins and the Sigfried & Roy Secret Garden, they both make for a pleasant option that puts you out of the norm in Vegas.
I'd like to stress though, this hotel isn't terrible, just a bit over priced and could use a bit of creative design.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Escape to the exotic - a world tantalizing to the imagination and the senses. The rooms are enticingly transformed. The villas and lanais are exclusive and private. The AAA Four Diamond service is excellent. Dining is sumptuous. The nightlife, dazzling. Experience the Grammy® Award-winning Cirque du Soleil® production of The Beatles™ LOVE™ and laugh with Terry Fator and His Cast of Thousands. Discover our Secret Garden and royal white tigers. Enter our Dolphin Habitat to meet Atlantic bottlenose dolphins. Feel the night heat up as you move between thrilling hot spots. Our enviable center-Strip location makes us an ideal spot to stay and play. The first. The best. The undisputed hottest rooms on the Strip. The Mirage. Vegas Starts Here™ ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, MGM Resorts International, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelsClick so you can book your The Mirage Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Mirage Hotel And Casino
- The Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- Mirage Hotel Las Vegas
- Mirage Las Vegas
- Hotel Las Mirage Vegas