7,061 results
All reviewstournament of kingsfood courtfun dungeonluxor and mandalay bayjohnny rocketsnew york new yorkother hotelsm lifesouth end of the striptrip to vegasstrip viewtowercasinonicksubermlifewalkway
Reviewed April 4, 2018

I stayed with my family at Excalibur Hotel & Casino over Easter weekend 2018 and found the overall experience to be acceptable but not overly good. The check-in process was neither convenient nor smooth. We had reservations, but upon arrival early Friday afternoon we encountered a slow moving line that was so long it seemed more like a line for the newest roller coaster at Six Flags than for checking in to a hotel room. I had never seen anything like it before. There was a mobile check-in process we were able to sign up for on the spot (somewhat of an ordeal in itself) which allowed us to wait in a much shorter line. Even though it still took nearly forty-five minutes, this was much shorter than waiting in the regular line would have been. Mobile check-in is definitely the way to go. Sign up for it when you make your reservation and save yourself the trouble we encountered.

Our room was clean enough, but there were some issues. The air conditioner did not work well. In spite of mild outdoor temperatures (sixties to eighties) and turning the set temperature on the unit down, our room was uncomfortably warm for the duration of our stay, particularly during the overnight hours. This probably contributed to the constant musty smell that was present. The in-room amenities were lacking: there was no refrigerator, microwave, or coffee pot. The provided hair dryer was broken.While the bathroom was much larger than average for a hotel, the water from the shower was lukewarm even when turned all the way to the hot setting.

A sign in the bathroom bragged that MGM resorts had saved more than 194 million kilowatt hours of electricity and natural gas in the past five years, a claim that seemed dubious at best considering the entire exterior of the building was wastefully illuminated by flood lamps all night long (in fairness, so is nearly everything else in Las Vegas).

The fitness center was very nice and was the best part of our stay. It was large, clean, and had a very good variety of free weights, exercise machines, and cardio equipment. It was also the only public space in Excalibur that was not completely consumed by a fog of cigarette smoke. I realize smoking in the casinos is legal and done at probably every one of them, but I mention it as something to be aware of and planned for.

We found every staff member we interacted with to be friendly and helpful, particularly in the spa/fitness area. Parking was conveniently located in a deck adjacent to the hotel, but did involve an extra daily charge. We were able to park in any MGM resort deck on the strip, though, which we found to be helpful.

Overall, I would say Excalibur is an acceptable place to stay when visiting the Las Vegas Strip. It is not as expensive as some other facilities in the area, but is not as new and modern either. The lack of in-room amenities that I am accustomed to at other (non-Vegas Strip hotels) and constant exposure to second-hand smoke are major drawbacks for me, but are likely par for the course in Las Vegas.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed April 4, 2018

My husband, and I loved the Excalibur! Our room in the Royal Tower was very nice! The staff was super nice, and helpful! We would definitely recommend this property! Can't wait to go back in October 2018!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2018

My encounter with security officers Max and his boss who refused to give me his name. Max was at least decent with the encounter but his boss was highly unprofessional, rude, threatening, demanding and to be blunt, a horrible person. This encounter took place while simply trying to park my truck on the 3rd floor 4/3/18 @ approximately 1:15am. I don’t as not out of line but was harassed and mentally tormented during this encounter. The boss of security should be replaced immediately! I literally had to say “is this the point we’re you start to beat me up?!” He was so threatening and uncomfortable I was afraid for my safety.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank karlwithakx2
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Specialist at Excalibur Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2018

Dear karlwithakx2:

Please afford us the chance to apologize for the uncharacteristic service performed by the members of our security staff. We can assure you that your experiences are not indicative of the levels of service we strive to offer our guests. If you would care to discuss your concerns further, we strongly encourage you to contact our guest experience team at the email address provided below. Please know we take the safety and comfort of our guests very seriously and look forward to speaking with you.

Maxie M.

Guest Relations Specialist
Excalibur Hotel & Casino
MGM Resorts International
guestrelations@excalibur.com

Reviewed April 4, 2018

We stayed in the resort tower. Wonderful room and strip view. Love the amenities. Kid friendly. Maybe we'll take them next time! The hotel is huge! Right next to the Luxor. Lots of things to do here. You almost don't need to leave!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2018

we booked 3 rooms to a family vacation.
arriving the hotel at late evening around 8pm and after waiting in line for check-in for more than 30 min we've been told that 1 of the rooms not ready!!!
when we booked more that 2 months ago, we asked for extra bed as one of the families have 3 kids, after verify again the request during check-in we're waiting more than 4 hours (till 1am) and still no bed, calling housekeeping is a waist of time as we try it 4 times, even reception couldn't help at night and i found myself sleeping on the floor and having the kids sleep in beds.
i won't recommend to stay there for families with kids and/or someone how doesn't like smoke smell, you can't hide the smell once in the casino area and dining area so you will need to walk out the hotel.
the hotel show "Tournament of Kings" provide a great experience for families and the kids, be ready to eat with your hands.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing New-York hotel, great view
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Oren N

Dear Oren N:

We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and candid assessments regarding your recent visit to Excalibur. It is truly discouraging to learn that the issue of service delay and air quality hampered your experience, and we do apologize for any disconcertment these problems may have caused you. Your feedback is very important to us as we strive to provide our guests with the finest stay possible. Please consider granting us the opportunity to surpass your expectations in the future.

Maxie M.