“Great remodel and general experience!”

Plaza Hotel & Casino
Ranked #108 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
San Diego, California, United States
“Great remodel and general experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Has anyone else been here since the remodel? It looks great and so much more modern! The lobby looks great and my room was very pleasant and comfortable - and what we got for the price was awesome. It's a little farther away from the strip, but it was just what we were looking for: a great place, helpful staff, good food, and a big casino with BINGO!! We had plenty to do there and didn't have to deal with the strip - but were still really close to it in case we wanted to go out there. One night we at at Oscars and in addition to having really tasty food, we also had a cool view of Fremont Street! I recommend people look into The Plaza - you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Devon D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,110)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed at the Plaza for a "stay-cation" of sorts in Downtown. I loved it! The room we had was 657, very spacious, overlooked the pool (which is small but looked nice), and had a very cool vintage picture of the Plaza hanging up. The style of the room was cute, there was a small sitting area, a desk, and a mini-couch. I liked it, I'd stay there again. It was very clean. Only complaint was the bathroom had the toliet/shower/tub combo in a tiny room but you could tell that was because it was from the original design.

I'd stay there again, I wouldn't pay more than about $75 a night though unless it was extremely high season.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank seaturtle_808
Carlsbad, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

We traveled to the Plaza for a fun weekend getaway. We heard about the recent remodel and were very impressed upon arrival. The lobby is pristine, and when we got to our room, we were blown away with the quality for the price! We went to the restaurant on-property, Oscar's, to celebrate my birthday, and we were very pleased with the quality of food and ambiance. I ordered the filet and it was incredible, melt-in-your-mouth good. Being from San Diego, I of course love Hash House A Go Go, which they also have at the hotel :) I'm not a huge gambler, but we did spend some time in the casino, and were very happy with the quality of slots and games to partake. Overall, highly recommend you check out the Plaza and the new renovations.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LaCostaCommunityMgr
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

The parking garage is a disaster and initially had us looking at each other with second thoughts. The hotel itself has adequate service and security (located well off the strip and next to the bus station). The rooms have been remodeled and were clean. Gambling area was decent and had several very good restaurants. Don't go here for the pool as it is only open from 8 to 5 and being on the roof is windy. While not on the strip it is located at the entrance to Fremont Street which is well worth a walk down.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank metumbo
HAWAII
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

Although I have never stayed at the Plaza, I have visited the casino three times since they renovated. My feelings and experiences all three times were the same, the staff is not friendly and I was not impressed. What bothers me the most is the strong stink perfume smell as you enter the casino. It's a deodorizer that's overpowering and gives me a headache. Therefore, I cannot stay in there too long. If they want to keep people in there gambling, they need to address that problem. I brought it up to security and they said they were"aware of it" The smell is so strong, I can taste it when I'm eating. The only good thing about the plaza is ISLAND SUSHI & HAWAIIAN GRILL, great food!! (ate there 4 times) However, due to the smell...I'm forced to do take out or visit their other location. OVERALL, I wouldn't give the plaza the time of day!

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank I_LUV_TRAVELLIN

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Victoria, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

Bathroom area smelled like backed up sewer. Toilet and shower was so small you could sit on the toilet and wash your feet in the tub at the same time.
Room was not made up once, when asked about it, there reply was they were "short staffed" although the ajoining room was made up.
The resturants were not very good, we went for breakfast and they were doing work on the floor right outside the resturant with a " jack hammer" very loud.
No coffee in room.
We would never stay there again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elizabeth J
Des Moines, IA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed here for one night due to flight delay. Dirt cheap, nice clean room (all Vegas hotels seem to have wonderful beds!), small but adequate bathroom, courteous staff, standard small casino and Freemont Street at your door (my favorite part of Vegas, all things considered). Frankly, very hard to beat for the price.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo