US$117
US$106
US$99
TripAdvisor
2,020 results
All reviewscolorado bellehickory pitloading docka river view roomslot machinessports bookrooms are nicecasinogamblingriverviewsteakhouseriverwalknvcompsvegasvaletdealers
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I recently stayed at the Edgewater from 6 - 10 January in one of their renovated rooms. I stayed in room 25296 - mountain view. I stayed 5 nights but only paid for 2 nights at $21.00 per night. The king size bed was very comfortable and the pillows were outstanding! Flat screen TV with a decent amount of channels. New carpeting. Bathrooms ARE NOT renovated, though mine did not need it. I had no issues with slow drains, low water pressure, dust, bugs, hair in the sink or shower or anything else. Maid service was adequate. She made the bed, gave me new towels as well as shampoo and soap. I made sure I tipped her every morning. I will say that the walls are thin. I could hear the conversation and TV from the room next to mine. I turned on the heater and it totally blocked it out. All in all, it was a very nice and comfortable room. When I come back again in June I will most likely stay again at the Edgewater. Viva Laughlin!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room in the Sedona tower - newly remodeled rooms.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed January 4, 2013

On check-in for our one night complimentary stay we accepted an offer to upgrade to a river-view room for $10.00 on a high floor. When we got to the room we noticed that the window did not extend to the floor thus to see the river you had to stand up and look down, which was made even more difficult by the high-level floor. Not a big deal as it was for only one night, and it was late.

While the room had been renovated, the bathroom had not and really showed the property’s age. The sink was stained and slow to drain. There is an air vent that constantly runs, causing us to have to close the door to contain the noise – which was just as well as the bathroom stunk like mold or clogged pipes. When we tried to shower the next day we found there was no hot water and reported it to the front desk.

We decided to cut our losses and check out. I told the front desk supervisor about our bathroom problems and that I did not think it was worth an extra $10.00, she told me that no one else had reported anything and for me to have a Merry Christmas!

Ho Ho Ho – we won’t be back any Mo!!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank DazedNAmused
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Although we were staying at another hotel, we came to the Edgewater for its dinner buffet.

To summarize our experience and recommendation - it's great food at a good price.

The buffet presented us with both a very wide selection of cuisines and dishes, and the food was excellent. Different ethnic cuisines were grouped together, and as we have very wide tastes, we tried perhaps 20 dishes among our group of three. Every dish was excellent - and we know good food. Mashed potatoes to sweet-and-sour pork, the food was great. The chefs who prepared this food are to be commended!

Also very noticeable was the staff. They were solicitous, helpful and continually present. Our servers were cheerful and quick to ask if we needed anything else. Kudos to the staff!

Lots of compliments above? Yes! But what wasn't right? Staffing.

There were flat out not even 2/3rds of the staff necessary to make things work well. Tables were left with the detritus of previous diners, the entry line was long as a single individual seated all the guests, the staff was literally running to get to all the guests. I'll grant some slack - it was a holiday seasons and perhaps too many workers didn't make their shift? But the customer load was not excessive and management should have bused tables themselves. So, to me, an usual situation: Poor service, but extremely hard-working and solicitous staff.

Management must, by their position, take the blame for this.

Would I return? Yes. The food and staff is excellent!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank CostaRicaBirder
Reviewed December 27, 2012

The newly 'renovated' Sedona tower reminds me of nothing more than an overage courtesan hoping yet another facelift and miracle cosmetics will disguise her age. They don't, and although the room was comfortable enough, two important items were missing: First, sometimes the end of a long, hard day calls out for a long, hot bath. The tubs are gone, replaced with walk-in showers with 'adequate' water pressure. Standing there, on tired feet with a sore back, 'just doesn't get it'. Second, some of us have items we'd prefer not to tote around the casino - valuables, large amounts of cash, firearms - and there was a time that was understood, and almost every hotel and motel room in Nevada had a small vault, programmable with your own code for the duration of your stay. No more - the first step was to disable them, and as the 'redecoration' was accomplished, they were removed.

The other major disappointment was the 'prime rib and crab leg buffet'. There WAS no prime rib, and the server had no idea when there would be more. After 20 minutes, another trip to the carving station revealed ONE roast, and when it was removed from the pan, almost a quarter of it stuck. Asking for a rare slice, I was shown one done 'medium', with a 'take it or leave it' attitude - and getting my iced tea refilled was almost impossible short of tripping the server. To be fair, when I mentioned this to the duty manager, she refunded the price of dinner - but it didn't make up for the meal I had been anticipating all day.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub, make sure you ask for a room with one - if there are any left.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
7  Thank ArizonaDuke
Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed Dec11-12 the room (7th floor) was clean and updated. On the second night I noticed a small leak from the Moen shower cartridge when it was in use (no leak when off). So I thought I would tell the desk to take the room out of service and have maintenance repair it the next day after I checked out. Well no good deed ever goes unpunished, at about 11pm a knock on the door it was the man to fix the shower. I told him fix it Tomorrow, no he had to do it NOW. He broke the faucet and he told me I would have to move. Yippy, almost Midnight and I had to pack-up and move. Did not get a sorry or anything for the trouble. Next time I will not say anything let them find it.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo