“Happy at the Edgewater. . . .”

Edgewater Hotel & Casino
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Reviewed 10 January 2006

I too stayed at the Edgewater through Travelscope's Hollywood, Vegas and Grand Canyon trip. We had the option to upgrade to Harrah's but did not see the point in this as all I want to do is sleep in the hotel. The rooms were fine and perfectly acceptable. We were impressed with the choice of restaurants and dined at the Buffet on several occasions. Great value for money. Loved the Happy Hour at the Sports Bar downstairs. It started at 11pm and went on till 3am. My friend made more use of this than I did. The Edgewater was a great base as it was right in the centre of everything else. We went to the Colorado Belle and the Flamingo. The Riverside walk was fantastic and very relaxing after a day touring with the rest of the group. I am glad that we did not upgrade as Harrah's was so out of the way, we would not have ventured out of the hotel after our days excursion. However we took a water taxi to visit some of the group who were staying there and it was a lovely hotel. Being a stingy Scot though, I wouldn't have paid the money to upgrade. We had a good deal at the Edgewater. I would happily stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2005
9  Thank TheBrannigans

Reviewed 9 January 2006

The hotel is older, yes but they are always remodeling it. The beds are always comfortable and do not have lumps in them from your body. It is always clean. The restaurants are nice, the food is good. The people who work there always have a smile on their face and always help you.

Stayed: December 2005
7  Thank Linda T
A TripAdvisor Member
N. Ireland
Reviewed 2 January 2006

A dirty dated dump that was supposed to be a 40th birthday present for my husband,booked through travelscope on a Vegas Grand Canyon and hollywood trip. A big disappointment,the whole package was a joke.

Stayed: November 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 December 2005

I booked thru res and got a good deal for (???)a 3 star hotel. Upon arrival, we were placed in the Santa Fa tower. This place is no more than one star, if you are generous. I saw a few people checking in for a golf tourney and I knew there were better accomodations there. I phoned the front desk to complain that the room was smelly and terribly run down and asked if we could be moved. The hotel was very empty, as it was Monday. My only option was to pay another $30 per night to upgrade. I opted to move to the Ramada ( I found a coupon for 2 nights for $25, plus got 2 more nights free) across the street. The Edgewater Casino was my favorite but the lack of effort to acommodate my wishes, they lost out on the rest of the 2 weeks we stayed in Laughlin. I loved Laughlin area but will not stay at the Edgewater again, when there are other much better properties in the same price range.

16  Thank shugct
Reviewed 22 November 2005

As we were approaching the Edgewater, our tour manager apologised in advance, saying this would be the hotel that was the poorest on our trip in terms of rooms. So we were surprised when we opened the door. OK, it the room reflected it's budget nature, but it was decent enough (though the aircon was LOUD).

It turned out that normally our tour managers guest's are booked on the ground floor in the older towers - and those rooms are - apparantly - horrid, smelling of stale smoke and in need of refurbuishment.

As luck would have it, this time we were booked into the Sedona Tower, which is the newest and in best condition. If you are going to stay at the Edgewater, insist on a room in Sedona Tower.

Aside from the rooms? Well the casino did seem to be pretty tacky and as someone else said, kids seemed to be allowed to wander about unsupervised - though I wasn't there for the gambling so I spent as litle time in there as possible!

Standard of food is very good - eat at any of the restaurants (the steakhouse was excellent) and you'll not be disappointed. We missed the evening buffet, but if it was halfway as good as the breakfast one, it must have been worth having.

Pool was very good - shame the hot tub needs a bit of attention (powerful jets at one end, no oomph at all in the others).

Overall? Well the Edgewater does reflect it's budget status to be honest - but if you're using it as a base of operations, stopping in to eat and maybe take a dip in the pool, it will do a job.

• Stayed: November 2005
9  Thank BOBJP
Reviewed 5 October 2005

My husband and I were at the Edgewater for 4 days, 3 nights, and I (the gambler), thought that was too long. When we arrived, (stay paid in advance), it took over 45 minutes to get checked in. When we got in line, there were 6 cashiers to check you in, but as time passed there were 5, 4, 3, then 2. What kind of crap was that, to close, at prime check-in time???
Finally checked-in, the walk to our room was dangerous for a real tall person, (I'm 6ft 1in) and kept having to duck, to miss the "Exit" signs and fire sprinklers. I told my husband good thing our son didn't come, who is 6ft. 6inches, he'd be crawling to our room. My husband complained about the parties throughout the night. (paper thin walls)
The morning we are due to check-out, which we knew was 11 am, my husband was awakened with an 8:00 a.m. phone-call, asking if we were leaving, needed to clean the room. Needless to say, now I have an unhappy husband to ride with in a car for 5 hours!!! Thanks Edgewater!!! Overall, being our first time to Laughlin, it was ok, will go back, but not at the Edgewater.

• Stayed: September 2005
9  Thank snaxss4
A TripAdvisor Member
Orange County
Reviewed 18 September 2005

Bless the casino man who came to pay a winner 2 slots down. He must have noticed my look of envy to the man who won. As he walked away, he asked if I was up or down? When I said down, he replied" You like a winner, I can see your turn coming. Trust me I pay out alot of winners on slots everyday. I figured some catch line to get me for a lot more money. In the next 10 minutes I won back $175. I believe in luck, its just never my lucky day. All in all for a quick end of summer trip and very light crowds at the entire town it was quite a nice trip. All day on the river and then a nice dinner I cant say enough about. Exceptional time at the Hickory Pit ( 10 people, fabulous food,exceptional service, bar, bottles of wine, appitizers,entrees & tip under $400)
Everyone had a great time gambling at the Edgewater, and we played every where but Harrahs, My only complaint besides the pot smell that permantly lingered in our hallway outside our room was the pool. 8 of us played on the river renting Seadoos for 3 hours and before dinner all I really wanted to do was sit in the spa around 5:30. Perfect weather, sun was already gone on the pool area but the spa had 13 kids with 1 adult female who may have not been over seeing all the kids. However 3 adults tried to relax while (give or take a few) t 13 kids bounced, splashed , cried, screamed, turned on showers nearby, but never turned them off. The single woman who seemed to be with most the kids fell in and out of sleep with a large drink in her hands, I sat and read the sign that clearly stated maximum occupancy in spa 8 people. Children need to be supervised and should not stay in more then 10 minutes. I sat for 45 minutes realizing the 4-14 year olds had truly taken away one of the moments I was looking forward to the most. I guess as a paying guest, I can expect the hotel to see to it that childern are supervised near the casino but everywhre else have the complete run of every hotel common area in the whole city of Laughlin. I balme the hotels for advising thier staff to pay so much attention to the casino area. Elevators, pool,spa and hallways are places for kids to go haywire, We had one 6 year old with our group and all took turns keeping it a fun place for him. However every adult with children should be given a agreement to keep kids under supervision, not get totally intoxicated, and fine them if thier kids are unruly in common areas. Lets face it, people have obviuosly forgotten the tradgedy in a hotel restroom. However the hotels have imposed hours on the pool and spa that also impose on the guest thier who have no children.
In all I would return and stay at the Edgewater, Harrah the nicest of all the hotels pays little in my experience in the Casino. Rooms are half the size of the edgewaters and 2x the price. The next visit I will likely not be in a group with a child, and will probably take any problems with children to the management instead of letting my expectations be walked all over.

• Stayed: September 2005, travelled on business
13  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
0.2 km away
1.8 km away
Harrah's Laughlin
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin

Been to Edgewater Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!