“So old and run down”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Cranbrook, Canada
“So old and run down”
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Oh my gosh where do I begin? You walk into the casino and it is full! At 1 pm. There is hardly a seat. We heard that Harrah's was the place to play when you are in Laughlin and I don't think it is a secret because I have never seen a casino this busy. Average age is probably 65. We checked into our upgraded room, the checkin lady said oh I see you are in one of our pillowtop rooms, you will like that. The elevators were the slowest and dirtiest I have ever been in and when you step out it looks like they have never vacumned in months and the carpet is old and stretched to the point where it is buckled up along the walls. Hard to vacumn that unless you took off the head of the vacumn and got down in there. Too much work I guess. The room. Low cement ceilings sparse furnishings but the bathroom was clean and had been upgraded a bit. The bed was hard but remember it was an upgrade so can you imagine what the other beds were like? Yeesh. I will say the mexican restaurant downstairs was very good but please be mindful it closes along with the buffet at nine oclock. If you are staying in Laughlin stay at the Golden Nugget or the Aquarius. One cool thing about Laughlin was the riverwalk and the river taxi.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rolyholmes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,834)
  • Korean first
Riverside, CA
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I went overnight to Laughlin April 6, 2012 with my kids (6 months and 13yrs) just to get away and out of town and met up with a friend and her kids (2yrs and 15yrs). First off Laughlin is way different that Vegas. Its super small and nearly not as many things to do but just relax and hang out by the pool or river. You get around from hotel to hotel with the water taxi's that run until 1am. $4 for one way and I believe its $20 for all day pass. Harrahs is supposedly the better of all these older hotels. Its a hacienda style building with 3 room towers. It also has a smoking and non smoking gambling sections. there is also an arcade for the kids as well as a kid/family pool and an adult pool. Harrahs has it own private beach access but be careful. Once get to the beach there is no actually path to walk onto the sand. you have to walk on an unleveled bit rocky entrance. I couldnt make it holding my 6 month. you sink into the sand and i thought I would fall. There are a few places to eat in the lobby- a cafe, which i think is over priced but you do get a discount if your a players club member, a Mcdonalds, Baskin Robbins, and Cinnabon. The room itself is outdated but clean. We stayed in one room with two beds. the beds were small it seemed for a full size, although comfy. The decor was outdated however suited our needs. The best thing was that it did not smell! Most older hotels tend to have that old-smoky-moldy hotel smell. the staff was super nice. Although I only interacted with the valet and cafe waiter. Overall, I enjoyed it, it was an inexpensive stay and you get what you pay for. I will be going back in June with friends to celebrate my birthday.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Habooboo
Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife and I flew into Las Vegas, got a rental car, and stayed at Harrah's Laughlin for 6 nights. We prefer to avoid the hustle and bustle of Vegas and stay in Laughlin. We checked in around 4pm, and, yes, there was a short wait. However, the front desk staff were smiling and friendly, moved everyone through the process quickly, and showed attention to every minor detail with each guest. What a wonderful first impression! We stayed in the North Tower on the third floor, non-smoking room. The room had great sound-proofing as we could not hear door slams, hallway traffic, or even neighbors in adjoining rooms. Hotel beds & pillows were very comfy; towels were thick and thirsty. Isabel our housekeeper did a fantastic job every day! The room was a little "dated" but clean. Harrah's has a kids' pool and video arcade, but I question why people travel to casino hotels and bring their children? No complaints at all about Harrah's and their staff.

Room Tip: North Tower room on 3rd floor was excellent. When elevators are crowded during check in / check out...
5 Thank bruff1211
Dardanelle, Arkansas
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Went to Harrahs Laughlin because they offered a free trip. I had never been on a plane that had no windows in the rear of the plane, and guess where we sat. OMG. But the thing that bothered me more was the fact that we were told to charge everything to our room and possibly be comped any additional charges. We did, and upon checking out we found we owed a little over $300.00. I had to ask for her to use our cards and she did--knocked off $100. Really? We played most of the time there, and the machines were so tight, they just kept taking the money. My husband decided to sit at the blackjack table--minimum of $50 and he played for six hours. That should have taken care of the comp. No, the receptionist said we would have to talk to a casino host and she would have one call us back. No call. When the bill appeared on our card, I disputed it. Our credit card representative called me with their number. I called to talk to a casino host, I was put on hold and waited for over five mins until the call disconnected. NO SHOW CASINO HOST and TIGHT TIGHT MACHINES. Loosen up Harrah's!

Room Tip: If you get an offer for air and hotel expense at a special rate, make sure you know whether the plan...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RV_Nana_55
Kelowna, B.C. Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Room was riverview, king, in Central area. Price was inexpensive and although one of the more expensive for the hotel and the view was SPECTACULAR (Colorado River and pools) the rooms are extremely shabby and very poorly cleaned. Dust was everywhere! I felt very unclean and icky the whole time....stinky due to smoking in the Casino and where it permeates. The room was however very quiet! Skip the stinky casinos that suck your money out of pockets and go enjoy sitting on the lovely beach on the Colorado River - A MUST!!

Room Tip: Face the Colorado River and ask if it's been vacuumed and dusted in the last 3 weeks....
4 Thank Msdonna96
indiana
Reviewed 7 April 2012

Just returned from Harrahs Laughlin today 04/07/2012..Overall experience was very good. This was a total rewards comped trip. I read some of the reviews and was pleased to note that Harrahs Laughlin also had the same reviews on their web site..This property is in a excellent location..Easy access via water taxi, $4.00 dollars one way. to the other casinos in Laughlin..
All of the propertys in Laughlin look tired..in need up update including Harrahs..Having said that Harrahs is Laughlin does not dissapoint. Clean Rooms..Good Drink Service..A wide variety of slot and table games.Two pools..A nice Beach with Boat and Jet ski rental..A variety of restaurant choices are also available..The fresh Market Buffet was excellent..Friendly staff and coffee is available in room...Stayed in #2 Tower with a beautiful view of the river..Would and will return and will stay at Harrahs..There also a seperate non smoking casino at this property..

5 Thank IndianaBdaddy
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Well Harrahs is located near the end of the "strip" in laughlin. The room rate i got was very reasonable- paid about 50 bucks for 2 night's. The rooms are ok, clean, flat screen tv's in tower 3 rooms.Nothing fancy. Harrahs does have its own private beach and 2 pool's. The best thing about this property is the people that work here. The staff opens doors for you, the bartenders very friendly, quick service and they are not shy when it comes to the alcohol. The table dealers are very friendly and personable. Had a good trip and would most likely come again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank John S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
2.0 km away
Days Inn Bullhead City
#1 of 14 in Bullhead City
1.8 km away
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Harrah's Laughlin? Share your experiences!