New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

GreenLeadersSilver level
Colorado
“Very Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

assume most people that come to this property don't care terrible about the accommodations because there are mostly here to gamble. A decent place to lay your head and the price was right. . We in a basic room with a King in tower 2, we could have gotten better but we were only here for a few days to see relatives. Not anything to rave about but again decent. I will say the staff members were helpful and curious. Recommended but.........just for overnight or a few nights, at least for me.

Room Tip: Don't get a corner room!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,109)
  • Korean first
CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2012

We had one of the "updated" rooms with pillow top queen beds and a flat screen television. Good thing we had the extra bed to put our luggage on because there are no dressers or luggage ledge. We were not going to bend over and get our stuff off the floor for 4 a night stay. Sure, they had one of those fold up luggage holders, but really? No dressers? I'd like to know which executive signed off on the idea from some hotel designer that no dressers are the future of hotel remodels. The guests were all about 100 years old and I cannot imagine them bending over to get their stuff out of their luggage on the floor. Maybe they used the extra bed for their luggage too. We just found it odd.

Room Tip: If you stay at Harrah's, try and get a river view. Harrah's is the furthest up the hill and...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Delightfully surprised at how clean the room and bathroom were. ($17.00 per night!!) Only had a single desk and chair for furniture, besides the two bed end tables. No dressers or comfy chair. The king size bed was very comfortable and the flat screen on the wall had high def reception. Great location on the river with its' own sandy beach. Very friendly service throughout the hotel and casino.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JudgeJim777
Cranbrook, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Oh my gosh where do I begin? You walk into the casino and it is full! At 1 pm. There is hardly a seat. We heard that Harrah's was the place to play when you are in Laughlin and I don't think it is a secret because I have never seen a casino this busy. Average age is probably 65. We checked into our upgraded room, the checkin lady said oh I see you are in one of our pillowtop rooms, you will like that. The elevators were the slowest and dirtiest I have ever been in and when you step out it looks like they have never vacumned in months and the carpet is old and stretched to the point where it is buckled up along the walls. Hard to vacumn that unless you took off the head of the vacumn and got down in there. Too much work I guess. The room. Low cement ceilings sparse furnishings but the bathroom was clean and had been upgraded a bit. The bed was hard but remember it was an upgrade so can you imagine what the other beds were like? Yeesh. I will say the mexican restaurant downstairs was very good but please be mindful it closes along with the buffet at nine oclock. If you are staying in Laughlin stay at the Golden Nugget or the Aquarius. One cool thing about Laughlin was the riverwalk and the river taxi.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank rolyholmes
Riverside, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2012

I went overnight to Laughlin April 6, 2012 with my kids (6 months and 13yrs) just to get away and out of town and met up with a friend and her kids (2yrs and 15yrs). First off Laughlin is way different that Vegas. Its super small and nearly not as many things to do but just relax and hang out by the pool or river. You get around from hotel to hotel with the water taxi's that run until 1am. $4 for one way and I believe its $20 for all day pass. Harrahs is supposedly the better of all these older hotels. Its a hacienda style building with 3 room towers. It also has a smoking and non smoking gambling sections. there is also an arcade for the kids as well as a kid/family pool and an adult pool. Harrahs has it own private beach access but be careful. Once get to the beach there is no actually path to walk onto the sand. you have to walk on an unleveled bit rocky entrance. I couldnt make it holding my 6 month. you sink into the sand and i thought I would fall. There are a few places to eat in the lobby- a cafe, which i think is over priced but you do get a discount if your a players club member, a Mcdonalds, Baskin Robbins, and Cinnabon. The room itself is outdated but clean. We stayed in one room with two beds. the beds were small it seemed for a full size, although comfy. The decor was outdated however suited our needs. The best thing was that it did not smell! Most older hotels tend to have that old-smoky-moldy hotel smell. the staff was super nice. Although I only interacted with the valet and cafe waiter. Overall, I enjoyed it, it was an inexpensive stay and you get what you pay for. I will be going back in June with friends to celebrate my birthday.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Habooboo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife and I flew into Las Vegas, got a rental car, and stayed at Harrah's Laughlin for 6 nights. We prefer to avoid the hustle and bustle of Vegas and stay in Laughlin. We checked in around 4pm, and, yes, there was a short wait. However, the front desk staff were smiling and friendly, moved everyone through the process quickly, and showed attention to every minor detail with each guest. What a wonderful first impression! We stayed in the North Tower on the third floor, non-smoking room. The room had great sound-proofing as we could not hear door slams, hallway traffic, or even neighbors in adjoining rooms. Hotel beds & pillows were very comfy; towels were thick and thirsty. Isabel our housekeeper did a fantastic job every day! The room was a little "dated" but clean. Harrah's has a kids' pool and video arcade, but I question why people travel to casino hotels and bring their children? No complaints at all about Harrah's and their staff.

Room Tip: North Tower room on 3rd floor was excellent. When elevators are crowded during check in / check out...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank bruff1211
Dardanelle, Arkansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

Went to Harrahs Laughlin because they offered a free trip. I had never been on a plane that had no windows in the rear of the plane, and guess where we sat. OMG. But the thing that bothered me more was the fact that we were told to charge everything to our room and possibly be comped any additional charges. We did, and upon checking out we found we owed a little over $300.00. I had to ask for her to use our cards and she did--knocked off $100. Really? We played most of the time there, and the machines were so tight, they just kept taking the money. My husband decided to sit at the blackjack table--minimum of $50 and he played for six hours. That should have taken care of the comp. No, the receptionist said we would have to talk to a casino host and she would have one call us back. No call. When the bill appeared on our card, I disputed it. Our credit card representative called me with their number. I called to talk to a casino host, I was put on hold and waited for over five mins until the call disconnected. NO SHOW CASINO HOST and TIGHT TIGHT MACHINES. Loosen up Harrah's!

Room Tip: If you get an offer for air and hotel expense at a special rate, make sure you know whether the plan...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank RV_Nana_55
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
2.2 km away
Days Inn Bullhead City
#1 of 14 in Bullhead City
2.0 km away
Edgewater Hotel & Casino

Been to Harrah's Laughlin? Share your experiences!