“cancelled tournament”

Pioneer Hotel & Gambling Hall
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Laughlin
Reviewed 26 April 2012

they sent us a free 2 day stay and entrance to there tournament. a few days before the tournament we get a noticed saying it was cancelled but the rooms will still be free. seeing we made the plans we went. big mistake.the rooms are old and disgusting sheets looked like they was there since the grand opening.no buffet ,no valet ,no nothing they even did not have a cocktail waitress after 11 pm and the restaurant was closed at night.we have since moved to the area and make our rounds to every casino and the casino at the pioneer has a nice old west charm but the food,is still bad and the employees look miserably and never smile.we used to visit laughlin for years before moving to the area and the pioneer used to live up to there motto the friendliest place on the river now it seems to be the most miserable place on earth i hope when the economy picks up they go back to the way they used to be.

Room Tip: if you must stay here the river view rooms are the best they offer.but they are more expensive and s...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rusty S

Reviewed 25 April 2012

At first wasn't sure what it would be like from the outside. The other hotels are big and flashy, but once inside I was pleasantly suprised. Room was a nice size and comfortable. We faced the river and had a scenic view. The Casino was great. I really enjoyed the dealer. Most I talked to had been there for years and make you feel like family. Enjoyed a great breadfast buffet and dinner at Granny's. I will definately go back.

Room Tip: I would ask for a river side view on the second floor.
1  Thank kathy C
Reviewed 20 April 2012

We went on website to book room. They had a special going, pay for 2 nights, get 3rd free. Their site said to call if you had special needs, as Pet room. I called and asked if the special included pet rooms. I was told that all rooms were included. I booked a room for 3 nights. NO where on the site did it specify that the room had to be booked online to get the 3 for 2 price. We checked into the room and was surprised that there were no amenities,NONE. They did manage to come up with a refer. that might hold a gallon of milk. It was noisy and ran real hot. When I checked out, I found out I had to pay for all 3 nights because I didn't book it online. I was never told this by anyone. We will never stay at the Pioneer again, and will not recommend it. I will spend a little more and stay some place better.

Room Tip: To get a good room, go some where else.
3  Thank Dennis R
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Stayed one night. Upgraded to the river front room. Paid too much for the room and could have gotten cheaper from the other more modern resorts. If you like a smaller more laid back resort than this might be the resort for you. The view was nice however you had to go outside of the room to see this. The river walk area was nice and lit up very nice at night. We ate one night and the food was awful.The room was probably the worst room I have ever stayed in. The carpet was thin and like indoor/outdoor carpet. I could actually feel the uneven boards under the carpet. It was so dirty that I didn't want to take off my shoes.The bed was comfortable.I would never had paid this price for a 2nd night there.The casino is old and has the old coin slots that actually pay you in coins. We found that different yet did win money here.Sorry but I probably won't be back at this resort.

Room Tip: Don't upgrade to a river front room. Not worth the price
2  Thank krand88
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Why drive to Vegas when this beautiful spread known as the Pioneer is much closer. Check out Granny's and you will not be disappointed. The prime rib was bliss. Video poker tournament is tomorrow. Check out the pic from my balcony. You can't beat these prices you guys

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Astryker
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Get the prime rib at Granny's, it was off the chain. River view room, gambling all night at reasonably priced tables, I'll be back soon.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Jwsiegler
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Without a doubt, the Pioneer has the best Sunday brunch. You not only get a glass of champagne, it is refilled as many times as you like. The food selection is wonderful. Breakfast items, lunch items, even a huge beef roast ready to be carved as you like it. Service is friendly, efficient, and really down to earth. Good folks. We spent 6 days in Laughlin and returned to the Pioneer a number of times for meals.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank terrythepoolman
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laughlin
0.4 km away
Harrah's Laughlin
#1 of 11 in Laughlin
1.3 km away
Don Laughlin's Riverside Resort

Been to Pioneer Hotel & Gambling Hall? Share your experiences!