“Good Food and Service at Reasonable Prices”

VJ’s BBQ Sports Bar
Ranked #35 of 67 Restaurants in Mesquite
Reviewed September 23, 2018

We stopped at VJ’s for an early lunch and definitely will go back again. It’s located in a nondescript building, but the inside is clean and comfortable. Jennifer served us quickly and efficiently. Prices are reasonable and food was good. The pulled pork and brisket sandwiches were better than we’d had at the Rib Fest. The sweet potato fries were crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. Dipping sauce, extra napkins and wet wipes were brought to the table. Ask for bbq sauce on the side and add it to the sandwich as necessary for a less messy experience! The only suggestion I have is to add draft beers, although beer is available in bottles. There are about a dozen screens located throughout the bar and restaurant for sports fans, but it was very quiet because the volume was turned down. Because the bar and restaurant are on opposite sides of the large space, it should be an appropriate place to bring children and non-drinkers.

Reviewed August 12, 2018 via mobile

We had a New resident meet and greet at this establishment. We notified the owner thru. Bartender.Also left messages Well we had over 100 people show up last night. The staff that were there was awesome. We ordered appetizers. On their own people ordered food and drinks. Many business supported us. But the owner never called us or showed up. He also owns couple restaurants in town. This was planned a month in advance and was advertised in local paper. Sorry. We most likely will not have another event in his establishments.

1  Thank Darlinglinda63
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

My family and I decided to try this place out last week and we have been back twice already. Great food, excellent pizza, great drinks at a very good price. I highly recommend this one!

Reviewed July 3, 2018

Do not eat at the casinos, Don't spend $100's at the other fancy places. This place has fall off the bone RIBS soooo good. It was quiet, but had tvs around if your into that. The server was fun and very attentive. There were 5 of us and we ate and visited for 2hrs and were very comfortable doing it. Great Food, Great Service...Can't enough good. 5 star 5 star 5 star

Reviewed May 17, 2018

This was our first meal in Mesquite and it was on a Saturday evening and we were the only people there around 7pm. Although, I have to say, the food was fine, I had a burger that was delicious and I didnt hear any compliants from the rest of my party.