“Golf vacation package”

CasaBlanca Hotel, Casino, Golf & Spa
Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Mesquite
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Used casablanca as golf trip headquarters....nice casino with most table games and slots...no texas hold-em...clean up to date rooms except for TV's. Casino is smoking so if that is a problem look else where...some room floors are non smoking..very good food in main restuarant and weekend buffet.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
RandyBlackSrCOO, Owner at CasaBlanca Hotel, Casino, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2012

Thanks for the review. I love hearing that the CasaBlanca is your golf trip headquarters. In the pit area we have Ultimate Texas Hold em, Three Card Poker, Paigow and Blackjack for your enjoyment. See you on your next Golf Vacation.

Reviewed 21 April 2012

Mesquite boasts a couple of the best golf courses in USA. They are simply magnificent experiences with great staff and we finished with absolute admiration for the designers and management at these courses especially wolf creek.
Regrettably we were booked into the time warp called Casablanca. Bad from the front desk all the way through. The rooms were very old with old box tv poor aircon which didn't work and a smelly gritty casino area full of redneck rejects. No decent bar area, poor staff attitude and felt like a replica from the 60's.
To be fair the food was cheap, plentiful and reasonable quality but dreadful atmosphere. There is much better places to stay.

Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank David D
RandyBlackSrCOO, Owner at CasaBlanca Hotel, Casino, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Thanks for the review. Sorry that you didn’t find us to be the destination of choice as most of our customers do.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

This was our first trip to Mesquite and we decided to give the Casa Blanca a try. We were very happy with our stay. Our room was nice and clean with comfortable beds. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool looked amazing but was not open due to the weather but I am looking forward to trying it on our next visit. While my husband was playing golf, my daughter and I decided to pay the spa a visit. I had a massage and facial and was in heaven. They were very friendly and professional. Since my daughter is not 18 yet she was only allowed to visit the salon which was a little disappointing for her but she was able to have her hair cut and colored and a manicure which she really enjoyed. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Thanks for the kind words. I love hearing that family memories were made at the CasaBlanca. See you soon.

Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed here tonight for the first time. We pass through this area several times a year.

The hotel is right off the freeway. Valet staff is friendly and accommodating. Hotel is older but well maintained. Each room has two queen beds. No king size beds in the hotel. The room does have a round table and two chairs, a refrigerator and a safe. Bathroom is a bit beat up but good sized. The toilet is very low.

The beds do have sheets over the blanket with no bedspreads. The coffee shop restaurant had good food. The chef came out to talk with me about food allergies and was great. Really great service.

The casino was lively. We played machine poker for awhile. No payouts of any significance but it was fun although smokey.

My only issue was Internet access. The room had a sign about wireless but I was surprised I couldn't detect it with my iPhone in the casino. Once in the room, I set up the computer only to see a $5.99 per hour charge or $9.99 per day. That's ridiculous when most restaurants and coffee shops across the country not to mention stores have free Internet. Our rate at this hotel was not "cheap" as referenced by management in the reviews. This should be a basic service.

And to top it off - it is an unsecured Internet with a weak signal.

All that said, it is a convenient place to stay while on a road trip. We may stay there again but I'll know not to expect the basic Internet service.

• Stayed: April 2012
RandyBlackSrCOO, Owner at CasaBlanca Hotel, Casino, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Thanks, I am glad that you found us to be a convenient place to stay. It is true we do have an outside agency provide our internet service however we will never charge a resort fee.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

There are times when no one is sittng at the card tables and the dealers are just standing there waiting for someone to sit down and play. I was sitting in the book area of the casino enjoying watching the races from Hollywood Park with my wife. We had swiped are players cards and was listening for our name to be called for the five hundred dollar drawing. My wife was also enjoying her free scoop of ice cream. After watching three races and seeing our picks win their races we decided that we would leave and come back later and see the Friday night show and play the slots. There was an art show in St. George that we went to earlier and with the sun and clear blue skies it was a perfect day so far. We headed for the exit past the card dealers. Three tables were empty and as we walked past an idle female dealer made a remark to another idle female dealer standing at the next table about our height. She made the remark in spanish and she gestured with her left hand four inches above the table about our height and then they both laughed. And she did it twice; as we walked by. The problem is that both my wife and I understand spanish very well. My wife is Asian and I am Italian and together we speak and understand several languages. We don't have a problem about our height. Lots of asians are short. Over the years (we are both seniors) our egos have learned to handle being short. But this display of rudeness by a bored and idle Casa Blanca card dealer got to me. So I said to my wife "wait a minute I'll be right back" and I walked back to the table and told the card dealer in spanish that I understood what she said and she laughed at me and made a remark about short people. Then I told her in english " I am going to go on line and let her employer know about this". I don't think she knew what I was telling her because she laughed at me some more. Instead of apologizing she laughed again. This card dealer was completely rude and she didn't seem to care at all. So I looked at her name tag and her name is Margarita. I have been in this casino more than any other casino then I have ever went into. I have played the slots in Casa Blanca and over a period of three weeks I've left several hundred dollars in the slot machines of this casino. Now several hundred dollars may not seem like a lot of money to The Casa Blanca and know I'm not a "high roller" but I am a customer and very customer deserves a certain amount of respect. And every business and employer is responsible for the actions of thier employees. If this is the way Casa Blanca teaches thier employees to act and treat thier customers then I can understand why no gamblers are sitting at the card tables at seven o'clock on a Friday night and why they have to give money away every half hour to get customers into the casino. I live in Masquite, Nevada and there are plenty of places to gamble in the area. Why would any gambler or any customer spend there money in a establishment where the employees make remarks that are uncalled for about them? They wouldn't. All the comps, all the advertising, can't help when a few employees can hurt a business with disrespectful and unwanted remarks. The Casa Blanca may need to budjet some of its money on employee training becaused its customer service leaves a lot to be desired. Prejudgdism and raceism can come in all forms, and in what some think is an unhurtful remark. Casa Blanca needs to inform their employees of that and put a stop to it before they loose more than any JACKPOT will pay out.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank TesoroMiAmore
RandyBlackSrCOO, Owner at CasaBlanca Hotel, Casino, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is unfortunate that one person managed to ruin an enjoyable stay at the CasaBlanca Resort. I hope that you will give us another chance as this is not the norm for our property and will not be tolerated.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

We stayed at the Virgin River but went to Spa for an excellent day there.

I had a massage and my wife had a facial. The Spa was great. Although I do agree with other posters about the TV in the "relaxation" room. That was annoying.

But the pools were great, the steam room was very nice although I had to go find the eucalyptus spray for the steam room (next to the water).

My wife had never been there and now tells everyone they should go. We got some online deals so the price was great as well.

In the future I know we will have to schedule out a whole day there for relaxation.

I would wish for more seating around the pools as at times there were no chairs but otherwise it was a very refreshing trip that I really needed.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
RandyBlackSrCOO, Owner at CasaBlanca Hotel, Casino, Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

Ahhhhhhhhh the spa, I agree you should plan a whole day to relax.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

My wife and I spent a couple of nights in Mesquite on our way to Arizona for the winter months. We were disappointed in the room condition of this hotel. The rooms are very old and becoming worn out .... the beds & pillows are uncomfortable. The entire facility , including the rooms, smell of smoke and can be overwhelming

The staff are friendly and helpful and the food was excellent.The room price is obviously the only benefit

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the review. I am glad that you found the staff to be friendly and helpful and the food to be excellent all at a great price. We are constantly upgrading our property and the rooms are next on our list. Hope to see you soon. .