“Peppermill, great place to spend a few days” 4 of 5 bubbles

Peppermill Resort Spa Casino
Ranked #3 of 64 Hotels in Reno
GreenLeadersGold level
Santa Rosa, CA
“Peppermill, great place to spend a few days”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

This is our second time at the Peppermill and we thoroughly enjoyed it. The room was great, will upgrade next time to the sauna shower suite. (Tuscany) as we enjoyed that last time. This weekend we gambled ate and enjoyed the lounge show. Everyone is curteous and friendly and the sports book is great. Will be there for lounging by the pool sometime in June. Thanks

Room Tip: Tuscany Suite is great
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2,835)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
South Lake Tahoe, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

Had a spa suite for two nights. The room was exceptionly clean and spacious. Well heated outdoor pool and hot tub were great. Wide variety of restaurants and gaming. The food in the buffet and Cafe Milano (the only ones we tried) was plentiful and some of the best in town. Played slots and table games for about six hours and WON (85 cents) and had at least 6 free drinks each (remember to tip the waitress). The only downside is the cigarette smoke in the casino (which you have to go through to get to the restaurants or no smoking slots). We had a great time and would love to go back.

Room Tip: highest floors with a view
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

Tuscany Tower rooms are well worth it as it is much nicer than the rest in the hotel. Room is spacious, clean, comfy, well furnished...... Peppermill is the nicest casino in Reno / Sparks. Everything is very well kept. I would say however that the card dealers are not nearly as friendly as most Reno / Sparks casinos.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Worldtravelguy
Orangevale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

If you love the high desert mountain views,gambling,entertainment and outstanding restuarants then this is the best place ever in Reno to visit.The staff everywhere in the resort are the most curtious,frendly and helpful anywhere.We have stayed in November for the last 3 years for our anniversary for a week to 10 days and we never want to leave when its time to go home.The pools are heated soo warm in the fall and winter you never want to get out! they also have 2 Jacuzzi's along with the 3 pools.Summertime is great too!We travel there at least 4 times a year just to get a little bit of heaven!I would have to say if you love the Resort,casino,nightlife,relaxation type of place then The Peppermill is the place to stay! If you go to Biscotti's or Chi for lunch or dinner or any of the resturants for that matter you will not be disappointed! We have made some good friends here due to the great staff at The Peppermill.Need I say more ! OMG! : ) Karyn and Steve (loyal peppermill peeps)

Room Tip: any room we have stayed in has been just wonderful,they all have a view of the beautiful desert moun...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Karyn K
Saskatchewan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2012

LOVED our room - jacuzzi tub and steam shower - best of both worlds. So nice to have the steam shower as hotel rooms and smoky casinos can be dry. The beds were very comfortable. The room a nice size. Well cleaned everyday - you could see the vacuum marks on the carpet.
Had lunch at the buffet and it was good but the dessert line was outstanding. Included a nice hard ice cream selection which is not common.
The only negative was that we did not have much luck in this casino :( In chatting with a local they say this is common - you need to go to the Atlantis if you want better luck. We found this to be true!!
Everyone seemed friendly - lots of smiles.

Room Tip: Do the Tower spa suite if it is in your budget - very nice !!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Canada1959
california
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

An open letter to Mr. David Fuller, Director of Hotel Operations at Peppermill Resort Spa Casino,
Mr. Fuller, my wife and I just came up for our anniversary to the Peppermill, (this has become an anniversary tradition). I would love to enlighten you on our stay.
First, what can be said that has not already been said about Magic at VIP Services? He is the epitome of class and service. Case in point, as we checked in he recommended making dinner reservations, as the resort was entirely booked due to Joey Yung performing. We dined at Romanza, and as we arrived, the first thing the hostess said to us was “Happy anniversary Mike and Rosalie.” Nice touch! As we were seated, Mike, our outstanding waiter, said to us both, “Happy anniversary Mike and Rosalie…Rosalie is my mother’s name.” Again, classy and a nice touch.
Everyone at the Peppermill shows the best customer service. We love all of the Valets, the bellman (ran to get us ice as we checked in), the dealers, (always smiling), and the wait staff. I have been going through a trying time right now Mr. Fuller. Not to bore you with the details, but suffice to say that my attitude of being in a bad place, and surrounded by negative people was partially the impetus for our trip to the Peppermill.
There was one person who I found to be exceptional, and I must bring him to your attention. This individual actually restored my faith in humanity.
I was playing a slot machine and was receiving phone messages from some of those “negative people”, and kept pulling my phone out of my pocket. Unbenounced to me, I had dropped $180.00 out of my pocket and left to go to lunch at Café Milano. When I discovered that I was missing cash, I went back to the slot machine, and looked around to no avail. There was a slot manager there, and I told him I dropped some cash here, and I just hoped that it would still be there. As I was talking to him, Carlos, a porter who had been sweeping, came up to us and said “Oh yeah. I was sweeping and found your $180.00. I turned it in to security. Let me escort you there sir.”
Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined someone would have acted as classy and with as much integrity as Carlos did. This was cash, ($180.00 is a lot of money for anyone, and I’m confident that porters do not make six figures even at the Peppermill), not a wallet. Carlos demonstrated the uprightness that anyone would be proud to have in their employ.
I must stress this thank you directly to you Carlos. You helped me to see that there are still good honest people in the world, when I was at a point where I did not believe in anybody. Thank you.
Mr. Fuller, I do not know how you do it. The service at the Peppermill is on par with that of the Disney Company. I only wish I could have said this in person and shook your hand. As we will be back very soon, I will look forward to that opportunity.
Thank you so much!
Michael Cook

Room Tip: They are all good rooms
4 Thank magistercookus
San Leandro, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 April 2012

We have been going to peppermill for many many years and everytime, they make our stay very enjoyable with their neat rooms. They have great hospitality and all the restaurants are very good as well. They also keep the casino really neat along with their friendly staff and have a great sports bar. Peppermills sports bar is my sons favorite sports bar of all sports bars in reno.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends