“Get out of the hotel!”

Ranked #17 of 1,062 Restaurants in Reno
Price range: US$10 - US$25
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Independently owned and operated, Naan & Kabab is a Reno original proudly serving authentic Mediterranean cuisine to locals and visitors alike. Using the highest quality of ingredients, we make each meal fresh and full of flavors that take you on a culinary journey. Think juicy halal lamb, delicious halibut, kabobs, creamy hummus, and delightfully fluffy naan bread. Chef Maurice has created a menu to satisfy every palate, and you’ll often find him introducing himself to various guests. We always go the extra mile to take care of our guests and provide an unforgettable dining experience!
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Staying at a resort can be fun and convenient, but if you enjoy trying local, family-owned places when you travel, this is the place for you. Naan & Kebab is within walking distance of a couple of resorts so if you don't have a car you can still venture out and try it.

I went with a couple of friends for dinner and we all enjoyed our Middle Eastern food. The warm naan served with tapenade was delicious. I had the oven-roasted salmon which was prepared perfectly (not overcooked, not undercooked) in a delicious sauce. One friend got a chicken dish (so good that she went back and got it a second time!), and another friend a lamb dish. The dishes were slightly different recipes than the usual--which was great!

The restaurant had a warm and relaxed atmosphere that we appreciated. Our server was friendly and accommodating. The chef even came out to say thank you for visiting.

It's definitely worth a visit!

Date of visit: July 2018
Maurice A, Owner at Naan & Kabab, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2018

I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your oven-roasted salmon! It's great to read fantastic, well-written feedback like yours. Hope to see you again soon so we can try to earn that final star!

All the best,
Chef Maurice, Owner

Reviewed August 3, 2018

I am from the UK and unfortunately, the restaurant charged me twice on the credit card. I am sure this was accidental but although the food was very good I do not want to pay double. There is no email address to contact the restaurant so I had to do this publically.

As I was charged double I clicked very poor for value - and average for overall

Date of visit: July 2018
Maurice A, Owner at Naan & Kabab, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

While I'm glad you enjoyed the food, I'm very sorry you were charged double for your meal. Please give us a call at (775) 825-3113, so we can sort this out and make things right!

Chef Maurice, Owner

Reviewed July 30, 2018

Selected Naan & Kabab based on reviews and needed a place close to the airport and vegetarian friendly. It was beyond our expectations, everything was delicious. The service was top notch - the chef came around and said "hello" and made sure everything was great. We ordered the Vegetable sampler plate - everything was delicious. I had the Halibut that was covered in a saffron sauce that was heavenly and my companion had the falafel plate, they were perfect. If you are in the area, I highly recommend.

Date of visit: July 2018
Maurice A, Owner at Naan & Kabab, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2018

It's wonderful to hear that everything from your halibut to your falafel plate was delicious! I'm glad you enjoyed the friendly and helpful service too. We were happy to have you visit us, and I hope that you'll be back! -Chef Maurice, Owner

Reviewed July 24, 2018

When we moved from Southern California, we knew we'd leave behind all those wonderful Middle Eastern kebab places. But no!! Naan & Kabab is even better than anything we sampled down there!
First, the food is truly elegant: follow the recommendations to get the lamb kabab, it's just amazing: tender, not at all gamey, perfectly cooked. And we followed another recommendation, for the veg. combination appetizer -- flavors so much more subtle and complex than I'm used to: delicious!
Second, the staff were fantastic. We drove in behind the Master Chef, who couldn't wait to tell us his best dishes, some of his secrets, his recommendations -- very nice guy. And our waiter was so attentive and so knowledgeable. We got much more than we expected: we will be back whenever we're in Reno!!

Date of visit: July 2018
Maurice A, Owner at Naan & Kabab, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2018

It sounds like you had an all-around wonderful dining experience, Susan, and we couldn't be happier to hear it! I'm glad you enjoyed your lamb kabab as well as all the flavors in your appetizer too. We had a great time serving you, and I'll be looking forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in Reno! -Chef Maurice, Owner

Reviewed July 14, 2018 via mobile

The restaurant serves Middle Eastern and Iranian food. The hospitality is welcoming and warm. The chef talk to the costumers and the staff is professional.

Date of visit: July 2018
Maurice A, Owner at Naan & Kabab, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2018

I'm glad you enjoyed the warm hospitality! Providing all-around great dining experiences is our main focus, and I hope to have you back again soon. Thank you for your support! -Chef Maurice, Owner

Been to Naan & Kabab? Share your experiences!