“Quite good but needs attention”
Review of Beaujolais Bistro

Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 1st Street
Description: Chef Bill Gilbert's charming French style bistro in downtown Reno celebrates authentic French cooking as well as modern interpretation of French cuisine. We serve Niman Ranch beef, lamb, and pork, Liberty Duck, and much of our organic produce is sourced locally including wild and exotic mushrooms from Connie Green. Our extensive bar and wine list is available early for your pleasure. Outdoor seating is also available seasonally. Private dining arrangements are available on request. We are proud to be voted "Reno's Best French Restaurant" for over a decade, and "Reno's Most Romantic Restaurant" in 2014 by the Reno News & Review.
Reviewed September 23, 2018

So, after a period of about 5 years to the day, I found myself again in Reno and so went to Beaujolais for dinner, just as I had 5 years back. The restaurant has moved to bigger digs which are by the river on a wooded avenue, very pleasant. A few outdoor tables are available as well and I was tempted tonight by a mellow evening but ate inside. There is now a full tilt bar available at which you can sit and look into the kitchen. We sat by the window looking out to the river, though. The bar knows what’s up: the Negroni was properly made and fulsome as was a large Campari and soda. And while the meal was very good and the wines very nice, I must say that its quality has slipped a bit from before. Water under the bridge, I know, but still…. The seared foi gras was nice though not quite with the sear it might have had (done a little fast?). Had to ask for bread with this which should not have had to do. Bacon-wrapped dates were fine; not much to do with there. The quails were well cooked and like all quail, something you get into with both hands; knife and fork leave too much behind. The steak frites was generic, fine but nothing to write home about. The wine list is now much deeper and quite good, however. Come with 4 or more and play in the wine list! The open wines were also good though the Beaujolais was ice cold when served; that needs correcting tout de suite! Service was noticeably slow but attentive when there; perhaps need an extra hand on deck? Final word is that the place still does well but the kitchen needs some attention to detail.

Reviewed September 20, 2018

We went to Beaujolais Bistro the other evening. The service was fantastic. My filet mignon was medium rate, just how I asked for it. It was tender and absolutely delicious. My husband's hanger steak was also terrific. We ate every bite and loved it. We had the pate appy. I liked it but my husband not so much. This is truly an authentic French restaurant, the best in Reno but be warned, you will pay for it. Dinner and wine for
3 came to $210

Reviewed September 16, 2018 via mobile

We’re new to Reno and it’s been fun exploring the restaurants. We were on a morning walk and ran into Kelly and Grif...who mentioned Beaujolais and that we must try it. This last Friday my gf asked if we wanted to go to the Huskies FB game.. I saw how close it was to the restaurant and made reservations thru open table. Got there at 4:45...great old brick home..sat at a table with a view of the park and river...ordered some cocktails, and waited for the menu to be finalized...great vibe ( great French music in the background )and lovely interior. I had Greens w blue cheese, walnuts | Steak Frites | Rose Bubbly and my partner had the French Onion Soup | Swordfish | German beer. Everything was so tasty and service impeccable. The one suggestion I might make is the frites could have been a bit crisper. I’m absolutely coming back. Highly recommend ❤️

1  Thank P4052NBdianam
Reviewed August 29, 2018 via mobile

Quaint place with friendly helpful staff. We ate outside in early evening and it was great. Appetizer of bacon wrapped dates was good if you peeled off burnt bacon. Probably should of sent it back but we were so hungry we didn’t want any more delay. Salad of crab and tomatoes was outstanding; I barely refrained from scraping plate clean.
Halibut was good but slightly over cooked.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 8, 2018 via mobile

Three of us had dinner here. I loved my scallops. The other two were less enthused. The halibut was over cooked and the French onion soup lacked onions and had too much cheese. Drinks were fine and desert yummy. We plan to give it another try since the owner/chef was not working the night we visited.

Date of visit: August 2018

Been to Beaujolais Bistro? Share your experiences!