Silver Legacy Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$59
  • Pool
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$88/night.

US$80
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

US$126
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$150/night.

Whitney Peak Hotel(Reno)
US$125
US$118
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$139/night.

US$114
US$76
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$84/night.

Eldorado Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$60
Official Site
  • Pool
Savings alert! 33% below average rates

The price you found is 33% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$89/night.

Circus Circus Reno(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$59
US$55
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

Atlantis Casino Resort Spa(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$54
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 47% below average rates

The price you found is 47% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$102/night.

Peppermill Resort Spa Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$64
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$94/night.

15,516 results
All reviewsdriving rangebowling alleysummit roomsjohnny rocketsmovie theaterget awayan upgradenice roomslot machinesnon smokingcasinobuffetrimfunlarrygamblingstarbucks
Reviewed May 20, 2012

do NOT stay in the front towers!! they have not renovated these rooms!! the floors smelled, the floors were uneven, the air conditioning didnt work, there were cracks in the ceilings, old analog tvs, the internet was lousy, the furniture is old and stained, beds uncomfortable, and seriously! not worth a dime!.. i came here on a free deal and If i had known this is what i was coming to, I wouldn't have wasted my time!

Get a clue Grand Sierra!! close down the part that hasn't been remodeled, it stinks and its nasty!

Room Tip: Choosing a different hotel is better... choosing this one? not even as a last resort.. the Ramada is 1000 times better!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank David H
GSRManagement, Guest Relations Manager at Grand Sierra Resort and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

This review is from the travel partner of the review above called "Run don't walk even if it's free don't stay here". As we said in our response to the other review. They are still guests here today. Again, we know this is not an accurate portrayal of our resort as you can see by the other positive responses.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

We booked the hotel as a name your own price unknown 4 star hotel deal. And it was worth every penny of the $40 I bid. The only negatives I have is that the hotel pool was closed in the evening for a special function (they have a lot of convention space here, which is well-used by various entities at once), which was disappointing since I had been looking forward to using the pool, and there is an extra $10 resort fee which you can't get out of and is not included in the secret bid price. But I did take a tour of the pool area the next morning before we checked out, and it was a nice, large pool, with plenty of seating and lounge chairs, and with a bar and food service. The hotel has every possible amenity you can think of, and then even more. There is plenty to do if you are not a gambler, whether child or adult: 24 hour bowling alley, $3.00 a seat movie theater, shops galore, and some really nice ones, too, indoor golf (and aqua golf) and other games, i.e., shuffleboard, pool tables, etc., extensive game arcade, spa, hair salon, restaurants too numerous to mention: the usual buffet, Mexican restaurant, Italian, a steak house, Asian fusion restaurant, coffee shop, an excellent made-to-order sandwich shop, Round Table Pizza, Johnny Rockets, Starbucks, and I'm probably forgetting one. Our room was clean, very spacious, with coffee-maker, refrigerator, bar with four stools, and a separate dining room table, plus a couch and coffee table, desk and chair. Decor was western. The bed was a bit hard for my taste, but I like really soft beds, and it was comfortable and we slept well. The TV was not HD (only the upper floors have HD, apparently, and we were on the 15th floor). The room was very quiet even though the hotel seemed packed. And, just to check hotel prices versus what I had paid, I had tried to see what the "regular" room price was and they were booked solid for the night we stayed so I was right. All-in-all, I was extremely happy with the value for this hotel. We would definitely stay here again the next time we return to Reno.

Room Tip: Rooms on floors 17 and above have HD TV.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SkateSand
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Casino hotels can be so scuzzy, but the Grand Sierra is much nicer on all counts than most of the Reno offerings. The diverse restaurant offerings are quite good, and there's a Starbucks inside also. Rooms are clean and more than adequate for short stays. The lobby is surprisingly attractive, calm and quiet, unlike other casino hotels we've been to.

Expect to pay in the $40-$50 range which, coming from the East coast, seems like almost nothing. There are cheaper casino hotels (like Circus Circus) but in our experience they are nowhere near as pleasant.

Room Tip: Sign up for their mailing list if your travel plans are a few months off--you may receive a promotion that you can apply to your stay. We upgraded to a bigger room for a small fee (maybe $15).
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Spark_Boston
Reviewed May 18, 2012

i didn't expect much from a casino, but when my mother in law had a promotion for a free night, so we found ourselves in the area and took advantage of it. I loved the non0smoking area, and they have sooo many things to offer everyone in our group. I am not a gambler myself, but I love sitting by a pool. They have a bowling alley and a shopping mall. Great for families.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ana S
Reviewed May 17, 2012

My husband and I recently moved to Nevada, and we love to get away for the weekend after a long work week Some times with the kids and some time just us.We try to stay at different hotels to rate them for our own personal knowledge.Our experiences at this hotel was the worse yet! I have stayed at one star hotels that were much cleaner and had hostesses and house keepers that were much more attentive to the customers. The bed were horrible,I woke up sore and barely able to walk,it took me over an hr to work out the kinks.I have slept on the floor and have had a better sleep,(mind you)On top of the bad night we were woken at 4 am by passer byes that were loud,you could hear every thing throw the door! I forgot my tooth brush and called house keeping to see if they had complimentary ones, house keeper very rudely saying NO and hung up.Not, "no mam,but you can purchase one in our gift shop or the drug store down the street."Now Im not a snotty person, In fact I have worked in the hospitality industry from house keeping up to management. And the service I received was by far my worse. I did speak to a manager and she was apologetic. She then offered me a discount rate at a later day, because it could not be refunded due to booking throw an online site. I thought it was a fair offer. So we proceeded on entering info to receive this so called discount rate. All I received was a conformation of my stay that night.Its got allot of cool features, but to sleep there I wouldn't recommend it.Just go for the day and sleep some where else They don't give you any discounts worth your trouble.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple