Grand Sierra Resort and Casino
US$135
US$71
Eldorado Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$70
  • Pool
US$69
US$113
US$81
Silver Legacy Resort Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$64
US$46
  • Pool
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$65/night.

Circus Circus Reno(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$60
US$50
Agoda.com
Atlantis Casino Resort Spa(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$110
US$91
Whitney Peak Hotel(Reno)
US$139
US$97
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

Peppermill Resort Spa Casino(Reno)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$119
15,453 results
All reviewsbowling alleysummit roomsjohnny rocketsdriving rangemovie theaterget awayan upgradenice roomslot machinesnon smokingbuffetrimfuncasinolarrygamblingstarbucks
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I recently stayed at GSR and the casino was being renovated making it brighter and more contemporary. The hotel room I stayed at was in the Summit Tower, a little bit more money but well worth it. The room was newly decorated form my last stay a year ago, much brighter and hallways were bright and new as well.
The restaurants were great. i stayed three nights and ate at Charlie Palmers Steak, their Italian restaurant and the Asian one. Charlie Palmers was what I expected, a great steak and service, the Italian was good food and good value. The Asian was excellent.
I also ate tin the buffet for lunch and it very good. I really liked the new mexican restaurant, but I only had drinks there but it was fun as they poured tequila shots on a barber chair to anyone brave enough to try.
The overall place is large and it has lots of space and amenities....bowling, outdoor pool a country western bar, the best sports book and Johnny Rockets. There was also a new lounge that was very modern and had lots of people dancing.
Overall, it was a rest place and for the price of the room, it was outstanding.
Overall, the service was good

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Summit Tower..all new and spacious suites.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Steve777888
Reviewed May 26, 2012

For the price rooms are average. For the price lobby is smokey need better ventilation.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This will will be a long review. I'm a frequent guest at GSR and have seen the latest on the remodel. This review will kind of be a comparison between to formerly legendary hotels Grand Sierra (MGM Grand/Bally's) and Montbleu (Ceasars Tahoe) as I stayed at Montebleu on 5/19 and Grand Sierra on 5/20.

As you come into the GSR entrance, it has a new contemporary look to it - very nice. From the entrance, you can see the casino area where the carpeting has been changed from an dirty looking dark color to a nice colorful pattern. You could see the renovations to the bar (2500 East) which is very nicely laid out. The only thing that I don't like about it is the fake alligator skin chairs. The white chairs look as if they were taken out from a patio as in-between the prints look dirty. I think classier chairs would have been better as the bar area looks pretty classy.

The ceiling of the casino used to be a dark color which made the atmosphere dull. They have repainted the ceiling with brighter colors and has a positive feel. I hope they don't replace the beautiful chandeliers as that would be a mistake - the chandeliers bring elegance to the casino.

The Sierra cafe/Cantina has a more open air look to it and has a very appealing look to it. I have eaten there and the food is reasonably priced and very good. For breakfast, they have a $9.99 buffet, which I also have tried, however I feel it's good for business people in a hurry. I would suggest ordering from the menu as I wasn't to fond of the quality of the buffet items - scrambled eggs (kind of runny), hash browns, sausage, bacon, county biscuits/gravy, pancakes, oatmeal - typical stuff. One thing that I really didn't like was canned fruit ? Why no fresh fruit?

I always stay in the Summit Room. The hallways going to the Summit Room used to look dark, creepy, and run down. They laid new brighter carpeting, added nice sconce lighting, and updated the paint - still the hallway could be a little more brighter. About the paint, it's a tan color however they painted small sections of the wall in orange which makes it look strange. I know the interior decorator wanted to match some of the colors in the carpet with the walls - I would suggest to keep it all tan. Also the elevator area is extremely dark which they should make it brighter.

Coming from Montbleu first, even with them not renovating for a very long time, their elevator area and hallways are still beautiful and inviting. The got it right. GSR needs to take notes.

Now for the Summit Room. The bathroom will always be beautiful, however it needs to have brighter lighting. They used to supply Gilchrist Soames bath amenities - not any longer, it's a cheaper brand, however not bad. The have constructed a very nice headboard behind the bed with individual reading lights attached to the post on each side, new night stands with brighter lamps, a business desk with a pop up dual electrical outlet and USB port. Also added was one of those Alligator skin sitting chair with a very large and nice decorative reading lamp. The room still has the microwave and refrigerator which I use all of the time.

Now the negatives on the room. The carpeting is still the drab dark brown carpeting which should be upgraded to a brighter color. New brighter bamboo style wall paper was added in the bed area, however in the entrance way, they left the old ugly dark brown wall paper up. They should have wallpapered the entire room with the nice bamboo wallpaper. The sofa and coffee table were remove to make the room bigger, however the way the room furniture was set up it didn't really flow.

The room I had at Montebleu may not have been updated for a while but it was still beautiful and bright.

There are a couple positive I would like to highlight:
On previous stays, when traveling back and forth to my room, especially in the evening, I would always see room service carts in the hall for extended period of time and bottles and rubbish from inconsiderate guest laying in the halls without any hotel/security staff cleaning it up. This visit is was absolutely spotless - it may have been a coincidence, and if not, great job.

Also, in the room, I noticed there was a brochure that the health club offers cardio classes for $6.00 a class - zumba, cardio kickboxing, etc. Great idea for the business travelers interested in that kind of thing. Great job GSR.

My last note - I promise: For folks who enoy gambling and receiving comps like I do, I play at several casinos - Cache Creek, Thunder Valley, Montbleu, Harrah's, Harveys, Venetian and Mirage. I have to say the Grand Sierra resort has the best staff, pit bosses, dealers, and the best comp on return of your play than any of the casinos I have listed. This is why I'm a repeat customer from the bay area that passes up TV and CC to go to GSR instead.

GSR, hurry and finish your renovations, cater to the out of towners like me and not only the locals, and your hotel/casino will flourish.

I'll be visiting again on Memorial Day - Another review? Maybe.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2012

The room itself: (I got room 1753)
I booked the Luxury Loft Suite. This has it's own room (see pictures). Although, the doors to the room didn't close all the way, but it still offered some privacy.
The loft was HUGE, so huge that there was some empty space that they should have put a dining room table or more chairs - something!
The bed was comfy and there was plenty of closet space.
The room has all modern fixtures, granite tops in the bathroom and in the bar area.
The bathroom has a separate tub and standing shower (the shower head was amazing!). The bathroom did NOT have his and her sinks, but for the most part it was a pretty nice bathroom.
The bar area provided more closet space, coffee machine, water bottles, and a little fridge.
There was a nice big red sectional sofa that is also a pull out bed.
There was a huge white chair that added spunk to the room.
There were a total of THREE TV's - one in the living room, one in the bedroom, and a smaller TV in the bathroom - We used all three :)

The hotel:
The hotel has a pretty good casino
There is a Starbucks right downstairs which was pretty nice.
The arcade was okay - the prizes were kind of blah
The pool area was nice, I think the deepest it went to was 4ft, and there's sand all along the side, which was a nice touch. Mostly kids at the pool, but it was a good pool for Reno :)

The cons:
The hotel is NOT in Downtown, but it is just a short drive away
The women at the front desk were a bit rude.

I think the biggest con was the relationship between RenoLuxuryResort and The Grand Sierra. Because the rooms from the 17th floor and above are privately owned by different people, or a different company (from what I hear), the communication between the two are not great. For instance, I called Grand Sierra a couple days before my reservation and they said that they were not able to find my reservation. However, when I called the day of, they said they did have my reservation. So, just be prepared that the Grand Sierra folks (call number) will not have your reservation until the day you check in. I know, this can be a bit frustrating, but the rooms are worth it.

Room Tip: Book SUMMIT ROOMS! The renovated rooms are located on floor 17 and above. Rooms located next to elevators are a bit loud, but the noise isn't so bad.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed May 25, 2012

After being gone for a few months we were excited to see how the newly renovated Grand Sierra looked. Not that we thought the lobby area needed renovating, maybe the rooms. What a disappointment. Gaudy is all that we can say about the lobby area. And the pool area which we love so much. The really cool cabanas that could have accommodated our whole family lounging on the big pads have been replaced with cabanas that have just two lounge chairs and they want $100 a day for these things. Even more expensive cabanas are being built as I write this. They'll have televisions. Really! Why would I would a T.V. when I want to be relaxing around a pool, reading a book, having a mai tai. What will they charge for these? Looking at the new steel structured cabanas it appears that no one took a level to the steel supports. Very poor.

Our room is large and the bed very comfortable but outdated. I guess if you want to spend more money you can get an updated room. This is a dog friendly place. It's the only hotel we've stayed at in Reno where dogs are very welcome. That's okay with us. We don't have pets but we don't mind the dog people.

The hotel management does a poor job of marketing what the hotel has to offer. There's lot's to do here for both families, couples, and singles but you have to be a sleuth to find out about this stuff.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple