“Good stay right off the freeway, near the airport”
Review of La Quinta Inn Reno

La Quinta Inn Reno
Ranked #18 of 64 Hotels in Reno
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Needes and extra day in Reno, and wanted something different then a casino. Room was clean, in a fairly quiet area. The airport didnt bother me, which was good. The parking design is a little strange compared to other LQs, but no big.
Room was clean, carpet needed a shampoo (like most hotels do). Good stay overall.

Room Tip: Join LQ Returns, and use the points for future free rooms, this was my free night
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Sept1967
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Reno

Reviewed 13 September 2011

We decided to go to Reno on short notice over labor day weekend, and were traveling with the dog, so options were pretty limited. This La Quinta reflected that. It wasn't really bad, kind of typical older airport hotel, and as others have mentioned, pretty dated. It's in a pretty ugly area, so I wouldn't choose to stay there again for anything other than access to the airport or lack of other options. It was pretty clean, but not great - - we had a non-smoking room and when I had to retrieve something I dropped behind the nightstand, there were a couple of cigarette butts. Furniture was worn to the point that if it gets much worse it will cross the line to yucky - kind of stained and dingy looking.

Staff was nice, breakfast was ok (lobby is nice and clean) and the dog area was good. It's right by the freeway and it can be noisy.

It was a bit pricey for all the non-great aspects. I would have expected to pay about 1/2-1/3 less than we paid for what it was, but again, this may reflect the short notice holiday weekend rates. Beggars can't be choosers.

I debated about 2 vs. 3 stars - I was leaning towards 2 but again, it really isn't awful. I just wouldn't pick it again if there were other options.

Room Tip: You might ask for a room farther from the main lobby/freeway for a little lower noise level.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed on the second floor and it was quiet and clean. The hotel is a bit dated but I am ok with that as long as it is clean, safe and quiet. The pool area looks nice, we didn't use it and it has a nice privacy fence surrounding the area. The only traffic problem we had is when entering from 395 north it doesn't have direct entering-you have to circle around a large block, coming from 395 south is no problem, the entry is right there.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2011

After one week of Burning Man everyone craves a hot shower, comfortable beds, and decent Internet access. La Quinta in Reno offers all this at affordable rates in a convenient location.

Close to I-80 and easy to find. Sushi place nearby. (Sushi Pier). Hotel has pool which looks nice and clean. I haven't used the pool though. Has laundry facilities for guests which means one coin operated washing machine and dryer. Helps greatly with getting rid of desert dust.

Wifi is not overly fast but usable for checking emails, pulling up Google Maps and so on.

Rooms are nice and clean. Beds are great with lots of pillows. Everything is perfectly clean. I'm very sorry that I forgot to tip the maid but after one week in the heat of the desert that is hopefully forgivable. AC is very quiet.

Breakfast was OK but after one week of mediocre food at Burning Man it seemed heavenly. However, it is nothing special but very decent.

Service at the frontdesk was very friendly and helpful with explaining how to operate the laundry facilities.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 September 2011

We stayed here on our way to South Lake Tahoe. Our front desk person (Bryan I think) was extremely helpful, giving us a top floor room away from the freeway. The room was basic, but very clean.

The location is somewhat industrial, off the freeway and next door to a high school. The neighborhood seemed average. A band of high schoolers stayed the night we did. The standard free La Quinta breakfast was offered the next morning. There was plenty of parking and some grassy areas for pet owners. There was also a pool.

I think this LQ is fine for one night, and the price is right. We had a car so it was a short drive to a grocery store and the Silverlake Brewery.

Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank seattleg
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Perhaps I misunderstand La Quinta's marketing/target market. Past experience suggested they were a cut above the Motel 6's and Super 8's of the world. This property appears to have been such a hotel acquired by La Quinta who slapped a paint job on it and called it good. While it was clean and certainly adequate for a place to flop, and the front desk was friendly and helpful, everything else was grim and depressing. The neighborhood is industrial, the room and bathroom were cramped (for a family of 3), the breakfast space was too small for the size of the property and therefore cramped and unpleasant, and the highway noise was significant. The price differential from it an a Motel 6/Super 8 doesn't seem worth it in this case.

Room Tip: Try asking for a room away from the highway, there are a few.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2011

My wife and I stayed at this location for one night, since our hotel we were moving to didn't have space for us on our first night in Reno. This is an older location. It is extremely handy if you are wanting to stay near the airport in Reno. Unlike some hotels near airports, it was pretty quiet, since Reno's airport really isn't that busy. Literally, though, you can walk to the airport from the hotel in under 15 minutes. You don't even need to take a cab.

Despite being an older property, I found it to be in extremely good condition and clean. We were very warmly greeted at the front desk by a nice, younger man. Our room was clean, everything worked well and the shower was great, Nothing fancy but lots of water pressure, making it very pleasant to take a shower. Since it's a quiet hotel, you could sleep in without any trouble.

The breakfast area was adequate but it would be nice if it was just a tad larger. Also, some La Quinta Inns offer breakfast meats (like sausages) but this one doesn't seem to do that - I wonder why that varies?

The neighborhood around the hotel is safe. I took a very nice walk around a school and back to the hotel and enjoyed it a lot. The location is very handy to the freeway, so if you're wanting to visit locations in Lake Tahoe, Carson City or anywhere in Reno, this is a good home base. If in Reno, I'd stay here again.

We found good restaurants within a 5-8 minute drive.

My view of great customer service at La Quinta Inns remains intact. Everyone we interacted with was nice and friendly. And no resort fees, like some of the hotels downtown. Really - why pay seven dollars a day to park your car and use the internet? La Quinta Inn has fee wi-fi, which is very easy to use. For me, that's a huge plus.

Room Tip: I'd get the best deal you can online and then ask for an upgrade - worse they can say is no.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple